2017-03-29 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 19:24, 5 April 2017 by David hay (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2017-03-29
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
x Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Regrets Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Ioana Singureanu

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2017-03-22_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Brian to check with Publishing on approval for balloting process PSS
    • Anne to update liaison spreadsheet once transition to BRR takes place - on hold for approvals
      • Complete
    • Josh to invite one of the authors of the SOA methodology document to an upcoming call
    • Paul to take publication naming convention ideas (R3 vs. STU3) to TSC
    • David to reach out to QA reviewers to find out if they would be willing to assist in sample generation
    • Grahame to take issue of STU naming confusion between IGs and US Core to TSC
    • David to reach out to Connectathon track leads to determine if they will be attending/if track will have sufficient representation to run them.
    • David to write email encouraging people to register for Connectathon and confirm track interest
    • Stale Items - Actions
      • David will suggest some words to add to the summary spreadsheet to explain the columns
  • Review Items
    • Project Approval of Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems
  • Discussion Topics
    • Technical correction trackers
    • Inline technical correction (from Zulip - perhaps this has already been resolved)
    • Request for draft/STU FMM rationale from SGB
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • Agenda approved
  • Minutes from 2017-03-22_FMG_concall
    • Discussion over the section on Connectathon endorsement - need to clarify. Lloyd: Not much need to endorse events any longer - doesn't need to be endorsed to count for FMM. Endorsement gives it marketing cache and perhaps helps avoid abuse of the term. Wayne: Perhaps they need to get a license from the FHIR Foundation to validate if it's recognized of not. Discussion over whether we've moved endorsement from FMG to FHIR.org. Grahame: License from FHIR.org is to use the trademark name according to protocol.
      • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Review Items
    • Project Approval of Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems
      • Ioana reviews with group. Grahame: Is OO a sponsor? Ioana: Patient care. Grahame: OO is responsible for this, so they should be involved. Ioana: There is also a devices WG. The resources that we're looking at are the ones managed by Patient Care. Did send an inquiry to OO but they did not respond. Hans: I will ask the question again tomorrow to OO. Grahame: Should also work with OpenM Health, which is a group outside HL7. Ioana: The scope is on medical devices. We don't want to exclude mobile devices, though. Grahame will provide contact info.
        • MOTION to approve and encourage OO cosponsorship and engagement with mobile devices: Hans/Paul
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Brian Pech departs
  • Action items
    • Brian to check with Publishing on approval for balloting process PSS
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to update liaison spreadsheet once transition to BRR takes place - on hold for approvals
      • Complete
    • Josh to invite one of the authors of the SOA methodology document to an upcoming call
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to take publication naming convention ideas (R3 vs. STU3) to TSC
      • Add for next week
    • David to reach out to QA reviewers to find out if they would be willing to assist in sample generation
      • Add for next week
    • Grahame to take issue of STU naming confusion between IGs and US Core to TSC
      • Discussion over issue. There's the IG you're publishing, the IG it's based on, and the version of FHIR - these can all be different. The issue is that the IG has a different release number than US Core and FHIR, and having three different release numbers is confusing. Grahame did speak to Ken/Wayne - the problem was described but the solution has not been identified. One idea is to brand them for the public with the year that they're released, with the formal name continuing to exist. Paul: In the software industry when people have gone to year-based product names, they've all moved away from that because you end up releasing 2013 in 2014, and then you could end up with two 2014s. Wayne: It's also trying to describe the relationship between the products.
        • ACTION: Grahame/Wayne to formalize proposal to take to TSC
    • David to reach out to Connectathon track leads to determine if they will be attending/if track will have sufficient representation to run them.
      • Complete
    • David to write email encouraging people to register for Connectathon and confirm track interest
      • Written/not yet circulated. Add for next week
    • Stale Items - Actions
      • David will suggest some words to add to the summary spreadsheet to explain the columns
        • Add for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Inline technical correction
      • Paul notes that a banner is missing from two previous versions. Group reviews and sees that it's been fixed.
      • Grahame: There's a page that says there's a space for comment at the bottom of every page, which is no longer true. Can it be removed since it's in an informative page without doing a request to TSC? Although there's a technical correction coming anyway so it could be included in that. Paul: It really just needs to be noted somewhere that the change was applied; can check with Wayne to see if it can be approved by him or go to TSC.
      • The upcoming technical correction for STU3 - do we need a separate publication request? Hans: When there is errata you do a letter with the list of corrections. Anne confirms you do the regular publication request checking the errata box and providing a list; this goes to Lynn and Wayne, not the larger TSC.
    • Request for draft/STU FMM rationale from SGB
      • Lloyd drafted a response through email. Needs a formal document.
        • ACTION: Grahame will write up for review and approval at the next FMG meeting. Will talk about what was done as well was what will be done in the future.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • David will add two streams to participant email - Data Analytics and Clinical Research - and send out.
      • Current registration is 38
    • FGB
      • No report
    • MnM –
      • No report
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Solicited feedback on the R3. Will review next week.
        • ACTION: Add review of feedback for next week
        • ACTION: Add priorities/objectives for R4 release to the agenda
  • Adjourned at 5:02 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Brian to check with Publishing on approval for balloting process PSS
  • Josh to invite one of the authors of the SOA methodology document to an upcoming call
  • Paul to take publication naming convention ideas (R3 vs. STU3) to TSC
  • David to reach out to QA reviewers to find out if they would be willing to assist in sample generation
  • Grahame/Wayne to formalize proposal regarding STU naming confusion between IGs and US Core to take to TSC
  • David to write email encouraging people to register for Connectathon and confirm track interest
  • David will suggest some words to add to the stale items summary spreadsheet to explain the columns
  • Grahame will write up the draft/STU FMM rationale for review and approval at the next FMG meeting.
  • Add review of feedback on R3 for next week
  • Add priorities/objectives for R4 release to next week
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2017-04-05 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International