2017-03-06 Rx Conf Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Marla Albitz (Chair/Scribe)
- John Hatem
- John Hotchkiss
- Ken Bui
- Jose Costa Teixeira
- Scott Robertson
- Sara Cohen
Agenda Items and notes
- 2 seats for Pharmacy: Scott (re-running) and Marla (not re-running)
Action: Scott will send an email Rx list to advertise the election and encourage candidates
US Meds Ballot Reconciliation
- No new status updates this week.
- Identify volunteers to perform QA on the Pharmacy resources: The review should look at definitions, descriptions, constraints, clarity, etc. The result of the review should be sent to the Pharmacy Co-chairs: Melva Peters, Scott Robertson, Marla Albitz and John Hatem.
- V2 mappings - Marla A
- RIM mappings - John H
- NCPDP mappings - Scott R / Tim M
- Medication Overview - John H
- Medication Resource - TBD
- Medication Request Resource - TBD
- Medication Statement Resource - Michelle M
- Medication Administration Resource - John H
- Medication Dispense Resource - TBD
- Review all query parameters across all resources - John
- Review all examples across all resources - Melva and others TBD
- Review cross resource consistency, specifically across all Pharmacy resources, where there is the same element, attribute, backbone element. - John H, but ask others to review as well.
Jose would like time to discuss issue of searching medication requests by intended performer (12439, 12440) and by intended date of administration (12822)
- Tracker item # 12822 Motion by Jose: To add search parameter to medicationRequest for DosageInstruction (formerly dosageInstructions). Will consult others to determine exact change. Seconded by John Hatem Voted 4:0:2 passes. Gforge has been update - group is not sure when to apply this change - pre or post current ballot cycle.
- We discussed 12439 and 12440 - group agreed this did not represent the need of the 80%.
- Scott noted that rather than adding an attribute for "planned performer", a search query could be done on a list of patients. This does require the patient-performer list to be maintained, but that would be a component of real-world work assignment (e.g., "what patients are assigned to Nurse Able).
- From 2/27 - No updates on Pharmacy resources maturity. Currently we have Medication Statement, Medication Request and Medication all at maturity level 3.
- US Med List project suggests that some Pharmacy resources should be at maturity level 4
- John Hotchkiss noted that FHIR web site still shows resources at maturity level 1.
Order Service Catalogue Project
- This work is proceeding. The current work has 2 new resources being discussed and an assessment about how these new resources will reference existing FHIR resources. Another question that has been discussed is whether there is overlap with the new proposed resources and existing resources.
- Michelle M and Stephen C raised issues related to Medication Statement table that includes values for both Taken and Status. The introduction to this table (see 22.214.171.124) needs updating and clarification on how to interpret the table and also needs to clarify how the information in this table can be used to answer specific questions about whether a patient is taking / not taking a medication. The updated description for this section needs to address how Taken (patient reported) and Status (looking forward) differ and how the values can be used to answer medication usage questions.
- Stephen also raised issues related to the code UNK and its description. A follow-up discussion is needed to identify if we have any issues here.
- John H raised Jose's issue regarding how to reference a Medication Request instance-order in a Medication Administration. One proposal is to use the existing MedicationAdministration.prescription Reference to a Medication Request.
- Monday, March 13, 2017 at 4pm Eastern