Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
FHIR Infrastructure, Patient Care, Patient Administration
Workflow is a primary focus of the upcoming release. A number of new approaches are being proposed and they need to be tested
Proposed Track Lead
See Connectathon_Track_Lead_Responsibilities Keith Boone (firstname.lastname@example.org) Skype: kwboone
The actor that creates the referral
The person or organization that received the referral
The person who prioritizes the referral for urgency
The person that makes the appointment for the person to attend
A system that knows what services are available at what institutions to assist a referrer to find the correct place to send the referral
Describe the architecture here - where all tasks are created on the server where the referral is tobe processed. Discuss that there can be other architectures - eg a centralized 'referral manager' server.
1. Find place to send referral to
Using queries against the healthCareService resource, locate the recipient of the service. Assume an organization for this scenario
- Action: The Submitter makes queries against the Service Registry to locate a suitable location to send the referral to.
- Precondition: There is a server acting in the role of a Service Registry exposing queries that enable the submitter to locate the service type they need. For the sake of this scenario it is assumed that there will be an organization that meets the needs of the referral (ie that the registry has suitable Organization resources).
- Success Criteria: A suitable organization is located
- Bonus point: A client is developer that can update the registry, adding new services to it.
Against the target server Create a ReferralRequest resource, then a Task resource with the Task.owner pointing to an organization, Task.concerning referring to the patient and the Task.subject referring to the ReferralRequest. The task.status will be 'created'
Creator is a Practitioner (the GP)
- Success Criteria:
- Bonus point:
The recipient of the referral assigns the task to a grader (by setting the owner to a practitioner ) & sets the status to ready
Could locate by direct query against task or use an operation
query needs to be all referralrequest tasks for this organization in the created state
Practitioner locates referrals assigned to them in a 'ready' state. Could locate by direct query against task or use an operation
Accept: change owner to the scheduling department (another organization)
Reject: change status to 'failed'. Assign owner to the initial creator (the GP)
Scheduling department (Organization) create appointment
query is all tasks where the subject is a referralrequest and owner is that organization and state changes to completed - because we assume that the purpose of the task was to arrange an appointment for a patient.
Could create a new task for the outpatient clinic (where the appointment is to be) - with task.input set to the appointment