20160406 PLA call
return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 PLA Call Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
|Facilitator||Mary Kay/ Austin||Note taker(s)||Anne|
|x||Mary Kay McDaniel|
|no quorum definition|
- Notes of 20160323_PLA_call review
- Discussion Topics
- Continue discussion of CDA product family
- Discuss updates needed for TSC and Co-Chair dinner in Montreal (May WGM) and TSC General Session Remarks write-up
- notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
- Level of granularity
- Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
- Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
- BAM-lite feedback and review
- Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
- develop form to request establishing a Product Family
- Convened at 2:05
- Agenda Review
- Reviewed BAM Lite 2 slide deck and made edits. Slide 8 with current state - difficulties representing reality. Austin suggests tornado graphic. Structured Documents does not really have governance power over WGs responsible for some of the IGs as they often go off in their own direction.
- Slide 10 = vision. Certain groups assert methodology over templating. Vocab for vocabularly, MnM, template for templating, Structured Documents for CDA methodology. Methodology group in the end - what it will look like is part of the discussion. May have to stand up a management group like FHIR. One problem is dueling tools - ArtDecor, MDHT, Trifolia, Word). We need a product family to put some order in the house around how we develop IGs and start developing coherence. If there's a single CDA product family we don't need to different methodology groups. Should include standard, templates, and IGs. C-CDA is a potential product line. Downfall of version 3: too rigid.
- Updates to TSC and co-chair dinner: If call with InM goes well, we can say we've formalized V2. CDA requires some more discussion; do we want to have an informal conversation around this to set the stage or wait? Like a birds of a feather session for CDA product family, Austin suggests? Could do it Tuesday night after Corepoint? Austin suggests before. Structured Docs quarter (Tuesday Q3) that includes publishing, MnM, ITS, etc. Could invite Templates and others to that quarter and go over this issue. Austin will look into the option with the Structured Docs co-chairs.
- Next time - finish up slides (how should we arrange mgmt and methodology) and follow up with WGM powerpoints
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved