20160217 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
Teleconferences are held on Tuesday at 4:00pm U.S. Eastern Schedules may be found at HL7.org Conference Call Center
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Join the meeting:
- Join the online meeting: Online Meeting Link:https://join.freeconferencecall.com/arb97
- Online Meeting ID:arb97
- If you cant use voip then capture the PIN from the screen for the above action, then
- Dial into the conference: Dial-in Number:(605) 472-5556 - United States
- enter the access code 332183
- enter the pin.
- International Dial-in Numbers:https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/arb97/#international
- Weekly conference call.
- For 24/7 customer service please call (844) 844-1322.
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Methodology (60 minutes)
- What is the role of a product director.
- Other business and planning
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Julian, Tony/Constable, Lorraine||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony//Constable, Lorraine|
|.||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|.||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Knapp, Paul||Pknapp Consulting|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|.||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|.||Stechishin,Andy||CANA Software and Service Ltd.|
|.||Mead, Charlie||Vidal Group, Paris,France|
|.||McDaniel, Mary Kay||Cognosante|
|Quorum Requirements (Co-chair + 3) Met: Yes|
- Grahame's understanding:
- Liaise with all parts of the FHIR community (including committees, HL7 management, stakeholders, members) to ensure continued development of FHIR product and community
- Work with existing management and governance structures to build FHIR product and community
- Work with TSC to formalize the role and develop a job description
- Run the FHIR balloting and publishing process, and ensure business continuity around these arrangements (including documenting FHIR processes and procedures)
- Andy S: "Run the publishing process" Director should oversee the publishing process. Most product directors would NOT
- Brian: Participate in the
- Andy s: Input into, requirements for, publishing is an HQ process.
- Lorraine: Traditionally separate preparation from publication.
- Brian: Historically: Reassessed and adjusted. FMG? Should be HQ, Grahame was showing Lynn how to run the build scripts. Transfer is in progress. Finding right language.
- Work with HL7 and the FHIR community to create the FHIR Foundation (http://fhir.org)
- Produce a monthly report documenting FHIR Product Director activities, issues and concerns
- How is the Product director related to
- Management Groups
- Andy B: Market engagement? Aligning with market segment, and relationship to key uses in the market. Strategy and timelines, where is it heading, and why.
- Lorraine: Align with HL7 strategy. Management group aligns with timelines.
- Andy B: Management group manages the conduct, product director provides leadership manages Direction and market engagement.
- Zoran: Technology, or overall.
- Andy B: Product, more than technology. Features, Marketing, futures, relationship of product to the market.
- Lorraine: Scope: Relationship of product director and the domain content groups
- Andy B: Correct statement: Is it applicable to all director roles, or specifics.
- Lorraine: SGB is responsible for consistency across, director would make sure products meet the market needs, facilitate the management role.
- Paul: Evangelist rather than a gatekeeper.
- Austin: Important in a democratic organization like HL7.
- Andy B: Should imply a formal role - evangelist does not have that connotation.
- Lorraine: Formal role: Promoter , but don't have the authority to force work, or halt work.
- Dale: Points are how PD is related to SGB and management groups. Comment that director manages the product more than the technology.
- Andy B: Inclusive of both.
- Dale: Should PD step back from technology?
- Lorraine: PD is a hat. When you switch roles, you switch hats.
- Zoran: PD product strategy. What do we mean by technology in the role of the product director?
- Lorraine: Relationship with other pieces. We need to get Grahame's view. Turn these notes into a document. Who will finish the task? SGB or ARB.
- Paul: SGB and PLA with ARB welcome to join in.
- Lorraine: ARB provides how PD fits into the BAM. SGB and PLA will make it fit in.
- Austin: Joint discussion with Grahame - his viewpoint. Convene here, or under SGB. Being practical, ARB should host.
- DOcument location:
- NCPDP agreement allows the processes of the organization running the project to take place.
- Iron out exception language.