2016-01-12 HSI WGM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Healthcare Standards Integration (HSI) Work Group
- Chair: Laura Heermann Langford
- Participants: Maxim Adramsky, EDiFECS, Fred Behlen, ACR, Robert Bishop, VA, Bruce Bray, Univ. Utah; Chris Carr, RSNA; Michael Donnelly, Epic; Richard Ettema, Aegis; Kinson Ho, Agfa; Jocelyn Keegan, NAVINET; Andreas Klingler, Siemens; Josh Mandel, Harvard; Charles Parisot; David Pyke; Kevin Shekleton, Cerner; Anoop Sheth, Duke Univ.; Elliot Silver; Harry Solomon; Artem Sopin, EDIFECS; Andrew Tores, Cerner; Steven Vastagh, DICOM; Colin Wright, McKesson
- 1. Reviewed Oct. HIS WG Minutes
- a. Revised minutes for clarification and correction.
- b. Motion to approve as revised. Carried with four abstentions. (Abstain 2, Oppose 0, Approve 14)
- 2. Questions about whether there are still compelling use cases to develop a PSS for FHIR Resources to be owned by HSI.
- a. HSI is under the T3S Steering Division and is thus not able to create and sponsor projects.
- b. Learning Health System is an example of a Work Group that changed Steering Divisions in order to be able to create and run projects.
- c,. There is interest in running projects directly from HSI.
- a. All projects that have gone to Structured docs seem to linger– they are still more interested in the internals of HL7 documents and not the movement of HL7 documents or other documents / items… Our Projects get stagnated there.
- b. Managing a resource for MHD, which is focused on the exchange of several types of documents, has been assigned to Struc Doc. There has been limited interest in that committee for pursuing this work item.
- c. John Moehrke and David Pyke will develop a PSS for a FHIR resource for MHD.
- 3. Request for project sponsorship from Zachary May-
- ODH Structure in CCDA
- ODH Data Elements in V2
These PSS documents will be sent out to the list serv for review prior to discussion and voting on the request at Thursday’s meeting Q4.
- 4. Review of the Issues Spreadsheet
- Notes made within the spreadsheet.
Future: Continued coordination with with CDS re: GAO.