2015 10 21 Minutes - CQF Data Model Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
CQF Data Model Call Notes
- Date: Wednesday October 21, 2015
- 1-2 PM ET
- +1 770-657-9270 Passcode: 217663
- URL: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/#/meetings/detail?uuid=M8UL81KQZZKHCW46R28OYGINQM-8ENJ&rnd=47738.082690
- Floyd Eisenberg
- Ashley McCrea
- Reshma Patel
- Michael Brody (EHR WG)
- Bill Keinebecker
- Claude Nanjo
- Yan Heras
- Present QI Core (FHIR Quality Profile) - http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/DSTU1/qicore.html) and QUICK as extracted from QI Core (http://hl7docs.appspot.com/quick/index.html).
- The QI Core was developed from requirements in the Quality Data Model (QDM) and vMR with the goal of representing as much as possible. The QI Core constrains some of the existing FHIR resources to meet these requirements. The QI Core presentation includes a table that directly references the FHIR resource for each of element.
- The QUICK content is a Logical View of the profiles, derived directly from them. It provides an easier view of the content such that it can be used for developing clinical quality measures and clinical decision support artifacts.
- The current project is to re-ballot the QI Core (FHIR Quality Profile) including the QUICK Logical View in January 2016.
- Bottom up Vs Top down approach to the data model
- The current QI Core and the Logical View (QUICK) represents a model built on information theoretically available today in EHRs (with the caveat that some of the constraints may not yet be available). This current view was also informed by requirements for quality measurement and clinical decision support.
- A free-standing logical model provides an ongoing method to provide requirements for primary and secondary use of information that can potentially be used with any data source. Such a data model can influence underlying data sources to enable evolution of available information such that it is more useful for direct clinical care and secondary use. Such an effort will benefit from direct collaboration with the Clinical Information Modeling Initiative (CIMI), now a WG in HL7.
Review on October 28 call work effort to:
- Ballot for the FHIR Quality Profile/QUICK,and
- Work on the free-standing logical model with CIMI.