20150916 PLA call
return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program
|HL7 PLA Call Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
|Facilitator||Mary Kay/ Austin||Note taker(s)||Anne|
|x||Mary Kay McDaniel|
|no quorum definition|
- Notes of 20150902_PLA_call review
- Action Items:
- Mary Kay to followup with Alexander Henket to determine his availability to serve
- Anne to submit checklist for website creation
- Anne to add agenda item to co-chair dinner to announce SGB to co-chairs
- Mary Kay to do formal reachout to meet with TRAC in Atlanta
- TSC should review whether enough of TRAC's activities are handled by SGB that TRAC can be folded back into TSC
- notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
- Level of granularity
- Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
- Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
- BAM-lite feedback and review
- Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
- develop form to request establishing a Product Family
- Paul is the TSC appointed co-chair
- What happens to PLA now? Once SGB determines that the charge is sufficient and creates DMP, PLA can go to sleep.
- Russ said yes; and Alexander gave a conditional yes response
- Austin: Actually, PLA still needs to consider the management piece. SGB covers the governance piece but we still need to consider product management and methodology.
- Should we have a meeting in advance of the Sunday WGM?
- Second co-chair will be elected on that Sunday
- Paul will follow up with Alexander
- First SGB planning call: 9/30 at 2:00 pm Eastern. Anne to send invite to all SGB and PLA members to first call.
- Need to reach out to FGB to discuss SGB/FGB roles (Monday morning Q0)
- Paul to reach out to Heather from HTA and also TRAC
- PLA should start working on management groups. Each product family should have a management group. Structured Documents works like a CDA management group, for example, but it is not formally a management group.
- PLA should first define what the management group role is. Is one M&C for a management group enough? Would the SGB then allow them to tailor management-group specific docs?
- Discussion over projects that fall across families, such as CDA on FHIR - need to have understanding on who manages projects such as these. Cross-product-family governance issue.
- Should do an update back to TSC regarding the next major focus of product management groups based on direction of SGB. Should start with CDA and 2.x.
- Also need to identify the methodology groups and determine if they are willing to take on the role.
- What is the timeframe for the report-back to TSC? Paul suggests we do that at the WGM.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved