Difference between revisions of "20150916 PLA call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 38: Line 38:
 
===============================================================================--->
 
===============================================================================--->
 
|-
 
|-
| || Calvin Beebe
+
|x|| Calvin Beebe
 
|-
 
|-
 
| || Woody Beeler  
 
| || Woody Beeler  
Line 50: Line 50:
 
| || Rick Haddorff
 
| || Rick Haddorff
 
|-
 
|-
| || Tony Julian  
+
|x || Tony Julian  
 
|-
 
|-
| || Paul Knapp
+
|x || Paul Knapp
 
|-
 
|-
| || Austin Kreisler,
+
|x || Austin Kreisler,
 
|-
 
|-
 
| || Lynn Laakso
 
| || Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
| || Mary Kay McDaniel
+
| x|| Mary Kay McDaniel
 
|-
 
|-
 
| || Brian Pech
 
| || Brian Pech
 
|-
 
|-
| || John Quinn
+
|x || John Quinn
 
|-
 
|-
| || John Roberts
+
|x|| John Roberts
 
|-
 
|-
| || Andy Stechishin
+
|x || Andy Stechishin
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 101: Line 101:
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
Convened
+
*Paul is the TSC appointed co-chair
 +
*What happens to PLA now? Once SGB determines that the charge is sufficient and creates DMP, PLA can go to sleep.
 +
*Russ said yes; and Alexander gave a conditional yes response
 +
*Austin: Actually, PLA still needs to consider the management piece. SGB covers the governance piece but we still need to consider product management and methodology.
 +
*Should we have a meeting in advance of the Sunday WGM?
 +
*Second co-chair will be elected on that Sunday
 +
*Paul will follow up with Alexander
 +
*First SGB planning call: 9/30 at 2:00 pm Eastern. Anne to send invite to all SGB and PLA members to first call.
 +
*Need to reach out to FGB to discuss SGB/FGB roles (Monday morning Q0)
 +
*Paul to reach out to Heather from HTA and also TRAC
 +
*PLA should start working on management groups. Each product family should have a management group. Structured Documents works like a CDA management group, for example, but it is not formally a management group.
 +
*PLA should first define what the management group role is. Is one M&C for a management group enough? Would the SGB then allow them to tailor management-group specific docs?
 +
*Discussion over projects that fall across families, such as CDA on FHIR  - need to have understanding on who manages projects such as these. Cross-product-family governance issue.
 +
*Should do an update back to TSC regarding the next major focus of product management groups based on direction of SGB. Should start with CDA and 2.x.
 +
*Also need to identify the methodology groups and determine if they are willing to take on the role.
 +
*What is the timeframe for the report-back to TSC? Paul suggests we do that at the WGM.
 +
 
  
Adjourned
 
  
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
Line 119: Line 134:
  
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
*
+
*Anne to send out invite to all SGB and PLA members to first SGB planning call on 9/30 at 2:00 PM Eastern
 +
*Paul to follow up with Alexander Henket regarding SGB service availability
 +
*Paul to reach out to Heather from HTA and also to TRAC
 +
*Update to TSC on PLA at WGM
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 133: Line 151:
  
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*[[2015mmdd PLA call]]
+
*[[20150930 PLA call]]
  
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved
 
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved

Latest revision as of 19:18, 16 September 2015

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 985371,
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/177894709

Date: 2015-mm-dd
Time: 2PM
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
Woody Beeler
Lorraine Constable
Bo Dagnall
Jean Duteau,
Rick Haddorff
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
Lynn Laakso
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
x John Quinn
x John Roberts
x Andy Stechishin
no quorum definition

Agenda

Agenda review

  • Notes of 20150902_PLA_call review
  • Action Items:
    • Mary Kay to followup with Alexander Henket to determine his availability to serve
    • Anne to submit checklist for website creation
    • Anne to add agenda item to co-chair dinner to announce SGB to co-chairs
    • Mary Kay to do formal reachout to meet with TRAC in Atlanta
    • TSC should review whether enough of TRAC's activities are handled by SGB that TRAC can be folded back into TSC
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family

Minutes

  • Paul is the TSC appointed co-chair
  • What happens to PLA now? Once SGB determines that the charge is sufficient and creates DMP, PLA can go to sleep.
  • Russ said yes; and Alexander gave a conditional yes response
  • Austin: Actually, PLA still needs to consider the management piece. SGB covers the governance piece but we still need to consider product management and methodology.
  • Should we have a meeting in advance of the Sunday WGM?
  • Second co-chair will be elected on that Sunday
  • Paul will follow up with Alexander
  • First SGB planning call: 9/30 at 2:00 pm Eastern. Anne to send invite to all SGB and PLA members to first call.
  • Need to reach out to FGB to discuss SGB/FGB roles (Monday morning Q0)
  • Paul to reach out to Heather from HTA and also TRAC
  • PLA should start working on management groups. Each product family should have a management group. Structured Documents works like a CDA management group, for example, but it is not formally a management group.
  • PLA should first define what the management group role is. Is one M&C for a management group enough? Would the SGB then allow them to tailor management-group specific docs?
  • Discussion over projects that fall across families, such as CDA on FHIR - need to have understanding on who manages projects such as these. Cross-product-family governance issue.
  • Should do an update back to TSC regarding the next major focus of product management groups based on direction of SGB. Should start with CDA and 2.x.
  • Also need to identify the methodology groups and determine if they are willing to take on the role.
  • What is the timeframe for the report-back to TSC? Paul suggests we do that at the WGM.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Anne to send out invite to all SGB and PLA members to first SGB planning call on 9/30 at 2:00 PM Eastern
  • Paul to follow up with Alexander Henket regarding SGB service availability
  • Paul to reach out to Heather from HTA and also to TRAC
  • Update to TSC on PLA at WGM
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved