20150721 US Realm SC Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|US Realm Steering Committee Call Agenda/Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 1 PM Eastern
|Attendee / Name|
|x||Calvin Beebe||Keith Boone||x||Hans Buitendijk|
|Lorraine Constable||x||Johnathan Coleman||x||Ed Hammond|
|x||Tony Julian||x||Paul Knapp||x||Austin Kreisler|
|Ken McCaslin||Sandra Stuart||John Quinn|
|Pat Van Dyke||Anne Wizauer|
|Visitor / Name|
|x||Rob Hausam||Rob McClure||x||John Roberts|
|no quorum definition|
- Agenda review
- Review notes from 20150714_US_Realm_SC_Call
- Value Sets/Vocabularies Specific to US
- called to order at 1:06 pm
- Today's call is regarding vocabulary issues. Need to work out process for orchestrating changes; US realm process for US realm vocabulary.
- Ted: the vocab WG is pushing forward a project to unify the representation of shared vocabulary objects used across product family. Ongoing project to represent V2 vocabulary objects in V3 and in FHIR. Have been working with Grahame on this; FHIR plans to use a whole collection of value sets out of V3 vocabulary. Ed: if you could work with us and help us understand the process to handle things when they come up, that would make things run more smoothly. We need to have a mechanism that we can address the needs of anyone using HL7 standards. Ted: we have a particular regulatory onus in US realm from ONC and NLM. Working on that kind of process in the project. USR-SC should cosponsor the project. Name of the project is Terminology Quality Assurance. MOTION by Austin to have USR-SC become a cosponsor; second by Paul. VOTE: All in favor.
- Johnathan and Mark agree this is an appropriate project. Discussion over timeline/funding issues.
- Johnathan: there have been some concerns raised about FHIR within ONC; coming up with a list of concerns, challenges, and recommendations. Trying to raise two or three concerns with this group to work on addressing those concerns. Would like to add to agenda for 8/4. Johnathan will send the items to Anne for distribution. One concern is about timeline for DSTU and publication - there seems to be slippage. Paul: official dates are that the content is to be completed by the end of August and reviewed in September, with goal to publish in advance of October WGM. If there is slippage, it will be the end of October after time to review at the WGM. The other question is about Argonaut stuff. Ed will try to get answers to some of these questions at the Board retreat next week. Paul: are there hard dates ONC is trying to work around? Johnathan: it's more about being able to plan and stage the work properly than a hard deadline.
- Hans: a heads up that there is a conversation going on in O&O on defining UDI project. We'll be bringing that project here for discussion.
- Call adjourned
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved