20141201 FGB concall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
x||Anne W., scribe
|HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
|Date: 2014-1201 |
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator:||Note taker(s): Anne W.|
|Quorum = Chair plus 2||yes/no|
|Woody Beeler||x||Lorraine Constable||x||Grahame Grieve||David Hay (FMG)|
|x||Dave Shaver||Ewout Kramer||Regrets||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)||Ron Parker|
- Roll call -
- Agenda Review
- Approve minutes of 20141110 FGB concall
- Action Item review:
- All to Review FHIR Core Mission and Charter
- Discuss FHIR DSTU timeline
- Lloyd to write up escalation process and add escalation as a 5th link under governance section and additional links where useful
- Followup with provider member candidate (Dave)
- Guidance on FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd)
- Draft guidance on managing responsibility for the trackers (Lloyd)
- Work with EC to further develop governance process; invite Chuck to next week's (or following week's) call to discuss (Grahame)
- Determine optimal schedule for FGB conference calls (all)
- FMG update -
- Methodology update-
- Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
- Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
- Conformity Assessment
Convened at 4:07
- Review of minutes from 11/10: Lorraine moves to approve; Grahame seconds. No negatives or abstentions.
- FHIR Core WG Mission and Charter: Lorraine states that there are concerns at the SD level regarding scope and governance; more conversation will need to take place for people to become comfortable. Ken has TSC discussion scheduled for Saturday WG agenda. Josh and Ewout may need to act as co-chairs since Grahame won’t be there. Some feel the scope is too broad. Grahame wants us to continue to go forward; from a governance perspective, it’s good that the boundaries are clear, and there has to be a balance between organizational dynamics and support for development. Lorraine states that it’s sorting out details rather than the base principle of existence of the group; doesn’t see details getting resolved before January. We need to 1) get everyone on Board and the WG going and then 2) dealing with any pressures going on. Does FGB want to make a statement regarding the scope/mission boundary issues? Grahame brings up the word “consult” being used in relation to the other WGs – need to determine what consulation means. Should replace consult with collaborate, and then a sentence for each group describing what collaboration means in that instance. Lorraine agrees that may be very helpful. Some groups are further along in interest and experience than others. Dave asks what are additional descriptions of what this collaboration looks like for each WG? Group agrees that it is not the role of the FGB to determine those specifics, but that they need to be fleshed out. Recommendations by FGB: Change the word consult to collaborate. FGB believes that the more specific details are needed with regard to the specific collaborations with each of the different workgroups. Lorraine described Mark Roche’s participation on the TSC call today and his concerns about ONC’s business requirements. Ken and Paul were going to contact him to help walk him through the issues. Lorraine suggested escalating the issues to FMG. Lorraine doesn’t feel that there is anything for FGB to do at this point but just wanted to create awareness around the issue.
- Dave got an email back from provider member candidate and he will schedule a call.
- Grahame will provide a report on funding issues on next call.
- Call adjourned at 4:40.
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Governance_Board
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights re