This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "20141201 FGB concall"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
Line 15: Line 14:
 
|colspan="2"|Co-Chair/CTO ||colspan="6"|Members  
 
|colspan="2"|Co-Chair/CTO ||colspan="6"|Members  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Woody Beeler|| ||Lorraine Constable|| ||Grahame Grieve|| || David Hay (FMG)  
+
| ||Woody Beeler||x||Lorraine Constable||x||Grahame Grieve|| || David Hay (FMG)  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Dave Shaver ||  || Ewout Kramer|| ||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) ||  ||Ron Parker  
+
|x||Dave Shaver ||  || Ewout Kramer||Regrets||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) ||  ||Ron Parker  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||John Quinn ||  || || ||  ||  ||  
 
| ||John Quinn ||  || || ||  ||  ||  
Line 24: Line 23:
 
| ||Austin Kreisler
 
| ||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
|||Lynn Laakso, scribe
+
x||Anne W., scribe
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||
 
| ||
Line 34: Line 33:
 
*Approve minutes of [[20141110 FGB concall]]
 
*Approve minutes of [[20141110 FGB concall]]
 
*Action Item review:  
 
*Action Item review:  
*All to Review FHIR Core Mission and Charter before next call
+
**All to Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8437/12532/FHIR%20Core%20Mission%20and%20Charter%20draft.docx FHIR Core Mission and Charter]
*Discuss FHIR DSTU timeline on next call
+
**Discuss FHIR DSTU timeline
 +
**Lloyd to write up escalation process and add escalation as a 5th link under governance section and additional links where useful
 +
**Followup with provider member candidate (Dave)
 +
**Guidance on FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd)
 +
**Draft guidance on managing responsibility for the trackers (Lloyd)
 +
**Work with EC to further develop governance process; invite Chuck to next week's (or following week's) call to discuss (Grahame)
 +
**Determine optimal schedule for FGB conference calls (all)
 
*FMG update -  
 
*FMG update -  
 
*Methodology update-
 
*Methodology update-
Line 49: Line 54:
  
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
Convened at
+
Convened at 4:07
 
+
*Review of minutes from 11/10: Lorraine moves to approve; Grahame seconds. No negatives or abstentions.
*
+
*FHIR Core WG Mission and Charter: Lorraine states that there are concerns at the SD level regarding scope and governance; more conversation will need to take place for people to become comfortable. Ken has TSC discussion scheduled for Saturday WG agenda. Josh and Ewout may need to act as co-chairs since Grahame won’t be there. Some feel the scope is too broad. Grahame wants us to continue to go forward; from a governance perspective, it’s good that the boundaries are clear, and there has to be a balance between organizational dynamics and support for development. Lorraine states that it’s sorting out details rather than the base principle of existence of the group; doesn’t see details getting resolved before January.  We need to 1) get everyone on Board and the WG going and then 2) dealing with any pressures going on. Does FGB want to make a statement regarding the scope/mission boundary issues? Grahame brings up the word “consult” being used in relation to the other WGs – need to determine what consulation means. Should replace consult with collaborate, and then a sentence for each group describing what collaboration means in that instance. Lorraine agrees that may be very helpful.  Some groups are further along in interest and experience than others. Dave asks what are additional descriptions of what this collaboration looks like for each WG?  Group agrees that it is not the role of the FGB to determine those specifics, but that they need to be fleshed out. Recommendations by FGB: Change the word consult to collaborate.  FGB believes that the more specific details are needed with regard to the specific collaborations with each of the different workgroups. Lorraine described Mark Roche’s participation on the TSC call today and his concerns about ONC’s business requirements. Ken and Paul were going to contact him to help walk him through the issues. Lorraine suggested escalating the issues to FMG. Lorraine doesn’t feel that there is anything for FGB to do at this point but just wanted to create awareness around the issue.
 +
*Dave got an email back from provider member candidate and he will schedule a call.
 +
*Grahame will provide a report on funding issues on next call.
 +
*Call adjourned at 4:40.
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 57: Line 65:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
*
+
*Ken and Paul to contact Mark Roche to walk him through the issues of ONC's business requirements
 +
*Dave to schedule call with provider member candidate
 +
*Grahame to provide report on funding issues
  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 68: Line 78:
 
Back to [[FHIR_Governance_Board]]
 
Back to [[FHIR_Governance_Board]]
  
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights reserved.
+
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International.  All rights re

Latest revision as of 22:04, 4 December 2014

HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-1201
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
x||Anne W., scribe
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer Regrets Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20141110 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • All to Review FHIR Core Mission and Charter
    • Discuss FHIR DSTU timeline
    • Lloyd to write up escalation process and add escalation as a 5th link under governance section and additional links where useful
    • Followup with provider member candidate (Dave)
    • Guidance on FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd)
    • Draft guidance on managing responsibility for the trackers (Lloyd)
    • Work with EC to further develop governance process; invite Chuck to next week's (or following week's) call to discuss (Grahame)
    • Determine optimal schedule for FGB conference calls (all)
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment

Minutes

Convened at 4:07

  • Review of minutes from 11/10: Lorraine moves to approve; Grahame seconds. No negatives or abstentions.
  • FHIR Core WG Mission and Charter: Lorraine states that there are concerns at the SD level regarding scope and governance; more conversation will need to take place for people to become comfortable. Ken has TSC discussion scheduled for Saturday WG agenda. Josh and Ewout may need to act as co-chairs since Grahame won’t be there. Some feel the scope is too broad. Grahame wants us to continue to go forward; from a governance perspective, it’s good that the boundaries are clear, and there has to be a balance between organizational dynamics and support for development. Lorraine states that it’s sorting out details rather than the base principle of existence of the group; doesn’t see details getting resolved before January. We need to 1) get everyone on Board and the WG going and then 2) dealing with any pressures going on. Does FGB want to make a statement regarding the scope/mission boundary issues? Grahame brings up the word “consult” being used in relation to the other WGs – need to determine what consulation means. Should replace consult with collaborate, and then a sentence for each group describing what collaboration means in that instance. Lorraine agrees that may be very helpful. Some groups are further along in interest and experience than others. Dave asks what are additional descriptions of what this collaboration looks like for each WG? Group agrees that it is not the role of the FGB to determine those specifics, but that they need to be fleshed out. Recommendations by FGB: Change the word consult to collaborate. FGB believes that the more specific details are needed with regard to the specific collaborations with each of the different workgroups. Lorraine described Mark Roche’s participation on the TSC call today and his concerns about ONC’s business requirements. Ken and Paul were going to contact him to help walk him through the issues. Lorraine suggested escalating the issues to FMG. Lorraine doesn’t feel that there is anything for FGB to do at this point but just wanted to create awareness around the issue.
  • Dave got an email back from provider member candidate and he will schedule a call.
  • Grahame will provide a report on funding issues on next call.
  • Call adjourned at 4:40.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ken and Paul to contact Mark Roche to walk him through the issues of ONC's business requirements
  • Dave to schedule call with provider member candidate
  • Grahame to provide report on funding issues
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights re