This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20141006 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:54, 6 October 2014 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-10-06
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Dave Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
(at ISO) Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
x Dave Shaver regrets Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
(at ISO) John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140929 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • followup with provider member candidate
    • Need to review definition of FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd)
  • RFP - baseline cost estimates - anything FGB needs to do?
  • How should we manage the foreseen "avalanche of expectations" for FHIR (topic from WGM)
  • How/where to document the resolution of discussion on Advancing "components" of FHIR through Ballot from WGM
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment


Minutes

Convened at 4:06 PM

  • Agenda Review - expectations: who will manage change requests? Should we discuss fhir.org? Wait until Grahame is here to discuss. Lloyd adds a need to identify an additional member as Hugh does not have the time to participate. Lloyd moves approval with amendments. Grahame joins and seconds. Approved by general consent.
  • Approve minutes of 20140929 FGB concall Lloyd moves approval; no other attendees on the call. Approved by general consent.
  • Action Item review:
    • followup with provider member candidate
      • Lloyd asks Dave if Woody asked to him to take over the action item to reach out to Catherine and invite her to participate as observer on a few calls.
    • Need to review definition of FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd)
      • Created wiki page and drafted one sentence; not ready for review. Carry over.
  • RFP - baseline cost estimates - anything FGB needs to do?
    • Furore has lots on their plate, chicken and egg relationship to getting an estimate for the HL7 EC.
    • Grahame might be able to ballpark an estimate if Furore cannot.
  • Who will manage change requests?
    • Managing responsibility for the trackers, see Question for FGB consideration thread.
    • If you have multiple groups is the approval an "and" relationship or "or" when moving from Triage to Approved or Rejected when you have multiple parties in joint ownership vs owner and 'interested parties'.
    • Guidance: don't vote on tracker resolutions assigned to multiple parties unless you have sent out fair notice. Need to put this on a wiki page somewhere regarding doing tracker triage etc. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will draft something for next week
    • expect formal process in the next few weeks. Expectations for assigning and handling GForge trackers; need to send reply to Andy
  • fhir.org - need more of Grahame's time than he has this morning; schedule for future call. This would be an implementer community website for structures for change request implementations rather than trackers. Wish to drive towards capturing the community, partnership between standards process and implementation process. Grahame owns the domain.
    • Lloyd suggests we identify the relationship between the fhir.org governance process and the hl7.org/fhir governance process - where does FGB authority stop and what is the liaison mechanism with the fhir.org body. Cross-membership would be good idea (beyond Grahame).
    • Evolving change of relationship as explored in Chicago
    • Lynn asks if they have discussed with HQ and what HQ role would be in hosting, or copyright protection for FHIR®. Grahame has discussed with Chuck.
  • Grahame asks about the Measures project and its facilitator Chris Millet. He should be discussing with FMG on Wednesday. Grahame leaves.
  • Lloyd adds a topic on adding a FHIR Work Group - this has resurfaced. It's becoming too painful to try to avoid. Lorraine asks what were the drivers to change position on this? Increasingly evident that some work groups who might be logical owners for core content don't have background to develop it with adequate reflection of its central nature to how FHIR works and the RESTful environment. Managing core pieces across multiple Work Groups (e.g. Profile) is becoming too difficult and intertwined. They are not demonstrating commitment to FHIR principles. Trackers for FHIR Core and meeting topics buried within MnM still occur. New WG scheduling app had challenges with FHIR not being a WG. Need FHIR core sessions in January without Grahame available to chair as MnM and need Ewout and Josh to be able to chair a session. Lorraine suggests this be reflected on the new WG formation request. Lloyd shares his draft.
    • Dave thinks it looks like InM with V2.
    • Waiting for word back from JohnQ or Ken once they are available. Going to FMG on Wednesday if he hears back, then on to FTSD.
  • Methodology update- no update
  • Next Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving… Lorraine and Lloyd will not be available.


Adjourned 4:49 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.