This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140929 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-09-29
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Woody Beeler regrets Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
regrets Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
x John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe


  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140914_FGB_FMG_WGM, 20140915_FGB_Mtg_at_WGM, 20140918_FGB_FMG_WGM
  • Action Item review:
  • How should we manage the foreseen "avalanche of expectations" for FHIR (topic from WGM)
  • How/where to document the resolution of discussion on Advancing "components" of FHIR through Ballot from WGM
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment


Convened at 4:06 PM by Woody - unavailable next week and the 13th

  • Agenda Review - Lloyd asks to discuss IHE, re-add followup with provider member candidate
  • Approve minutes of
    • Need to review definition of FHIR Profile balloting (Lloyd) approved
    • Ewout working with some developers on value set development
    • Lloyd moves Grahame seconds Unanimously
    • Lloyd and Grahame disparity of approach on CCDA resources? Need to get the message out that the cross-check with CCDA is necessary before we ballot DSTU2, recaps Grahame. CCDA on FHIR IG can be separate but should be complete before DSTU2 states Lloyd.
    • Lloyd moves, Grahame seconds acceptance of these minutes. Unanimously approved.
  • IHE offer of facilities for connectathon (Lloyd)
    • "New Directions" program for other development being explored by IHE. Paul went to a webinar they held to review how it would work, Lloyd working with Michael Nussbaum. Is this something we want to do (at all)?
    • It would be at a fixed site (not San Antonio, for example). Woody asks what needs to be installed at a meeting that is not brought by the participants. The only thing you need is to get on the HL7 wireless networks at the WGM. Other preparation prior to a WGM connectathon is not something IHE can help with. It wouldn't build community at the WGMs. Probably not a good idea. Formal validation by independent third parties, dealing with hundreds of systems, perhaps our infrastructure won't scale well enough, but we are a ways away from that. May wish to establish a formal resolution by FGB of consideration for a future time, appreciate their offer, but short term not advantageous to divide the activity from the WGM. Do we want to send this message back through Chuck Jaffe/ Mike Nussbaum? Paul and Lloyd will be talking with Mike this afternoon. FMG will discuss as well for formal address of the conduct of connectathons. Lloyd moves the resolution, seconded by John. Unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • Woody will try to reach Catherine before leaving for ISO meeting next week.
  • John notes that budget discussed at EC for FHIR; what is the update. It's been reviewed by FMG, FGB for FHIR Registries for value sets, profiles, conformance and concept maps. John asks about start/end dates proposed? They hoped to have something six months ago so not a good track record for estimates. Once EC agrees to the RFP it needs to be issued, receive responses etc. Karen has requested a baseline estimate, but the best people to conduct the estimate are up to their eyeballs in other work.

Adjourned 4:42 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.