This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "20140903 FMG concall"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{{subst::FMG Template}}")
 
 
(3 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
'''Location: <br>https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597''' <br/>(voice and screen)
 
'''Location: <br>https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597''' <br/>(voice and screen)
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-mm-dd '''<br/> '''Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern'''
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-09-03'''<br/> '''Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern'''
 
|-
 
|-
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Chair''':  
+
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Chair''': David
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''':   
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''':   
 
|}
 
|}
Line 11: Line 11:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="3" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 4
 
|colspan="3" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = chair + 4
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|-
 
|-
| Co chairs|| ||David Hay || ||Lloyd McKenzie
+
| Co chairs||x ||David Hay || x||Lloyd McKenzie
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ex-officio|| ||Woody Beeler,<br/> Dave Shaver <br/>FGB Co-chairs||.||John Quinn, CTO
 
| ex-officio|| ||Woody Beeler,<br/> Dave Shaver <br/>FGB Co-chairs||.||John Quinn, CTO
Line 22: Line 22:
 
| colspan="2"| Members ||colspan="2"|Members||colspan="2"|Members ||colspan="2"|Observers/Guests
 
| colspan="2"| Members ||colspan="2"|Members||colspan="2"|Members ||colspan="2"|Observers/Guests
 
|-
 
|-
| || Hans Buitendijk|| || Hugh Glover || ||Paul Knapp || || Lynn Laakso, scribe
+
|x || Hans Buitendijk||regrets || Hugh Glover ||x ||Paul Knapp || x|| Lynn Laakso, scribe
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Josh Mandel  || ||John Moehrke|| ||Brian Pech || ||   
+
|regrets ||Josh Mandel  || x||John Moehrke||x ||Brian Pech || ||   
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||  || || || || ||.||<!--guest-->  
 
| ||  || || || || ||.||<!--guest-->  
Line 33: Line 33:
 
*Roll Call
 
*Roll Call
 
*Agenda Check
 
*Agenda Check
*Minutes from [[2014mmdd_FMG_concall]]  
+
*Minutes from [[20140827_FMG_concall]]  
*Administrative
+
*DSTU Update
** Action items
+
**Paul will continue researching the fixes and send documentation.
**
+
**Lloyd will check with Grahame on what the resolution to the bandwidth limitation might be.
 
*Reports
 
*Reports
 
**Connectathon management (David/Brian)
 
**Connectathon management (David/Brian)
 
**[[FHIR Governance Board|FGB]] –  
 
**[[FHIR Governance Board|FGB]] –  
 +
***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGBRiskAssessment20140818.xlsx&revision=2774 FGB Risk Assessment] and [[Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR]] for FMG review and comment
 
**MnM –  
 
**MnM –  
 
**[[FMG Liaisons]] –
 
**[[FMG Liaisons]] –
<!--
 
*Precepts
 
**
 
-->
 
 
*Process management
 
*Process management
 
**Ballot Planning
 
**Ballot Planning
<!--**Developing FMG Management Methodology - see [[FHIR Methodology Process]] and [[FHIR Guide to Designing Resources]]
 
**FHIR Design patterns - see [[FHIR Design Patterns]] -->
 
**Ballot content review and QA process [[FHIR QA Guidelines]]
 
 
*AOB (Any Other Business)
 
*AOB (Any Other Business)
  
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
 +
David convenes at 12:36 PM
 +
*Agenda Check - Paul moves approval as published, seconded by John. Unanimously approved.
 +
*Minutes from [[20140827_FMG_concall]] John moves approval seconded by Lloyd. Unanimously approved.
 +
*DSTU Update
 +
**Paul will continue researching the fixes and send documentation. Site was not accessible on last week's call. http://www.healthintersections.com.au/fhir/history.html reviewed. From the history they reviewed a representative example in JSON to validate. Paul moves and JohnM seconds endorsement of the DSTU update/correction.
 +
**Lloyd will check with Grahame on what the resolution to the bandwidth limitation might be. End of month rollover has temporarily fixed the problem.
 +
*Registries: FMG and EST has approved the registry requirements. What does Lloyd need to do next. It needs to go to HQ for RFI. Paul checked with Andy and noted that the EST has approved the requirements and now they have to send out the RFP. Andy/EST will be taking the responsibility to bring that forward to HQ/Karen. Then Lloyd as project facilitator will shepherd the next steps. They will report when updates are available.
 +
*Reports
 +
**Connectathon management (David/Brian)
 +
**[[FHIR Governance Board|FGB]] –
 +
***[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/fhir/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2Fdocuments%2Fgovernance%2FFGBRiskAssessment20140818.xlsx&revision=2774 FGB Risk Assessment] and [[Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR]] for FMG review and comment
 +
***Review Fundamental principles on-line and Risk assessment offline
 +
***Paul expresses concern over the forwards and backwards compatibility representation in the version numbering. For forwards compatibility we must express the prohibition of new elements. Lloyd notes they support the ability of implementers to identify new elements. John thinks we need more explaining. If more needed to be done it might be added as a new resource and inherit from an existing resource.
 +
***Lloyd notes that the principle exists though the explicit methodology has not been defined. Paul notes that if we state this as an achievement and not a goal we need to be able to assert the method.
 +
***David offers "FHIR will strive to be forwards and backwards compatible". We cannot have instances where new elements make prior elements required.
 +
***Lloyd states as long as one can tell what the effective version that this instance is intended to be compliant with… you shouldn't have to have an instance that declares conformance to a specific version of FHIR.
 +
***John notes you can only validate conformance against the core spec. Other conformance claims would have to include reference to the profile. These sub-principles should perhaps be expressed also.
 +
***Need a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will draft the document.
 +
***Do we need to wait for that document review before we sign off on this one? John would like to wait but we can begin review on the rest.
 +
***Primary objective: prioritize implementation. Again we need to be able to assert how we adhere to the principle. When we make changes or additions we make them in such a way that maximizes adherence to these principles. Lloyd edits the wiki page.
 +
***Do we need to add the implementation patterns of push-pull, messages vs documents, etc.
 +
***Trade off complexity on the server versus the client, the side of the transaction likely to be more capable.
 +
***Uses/constraints should be centered about a profile.
 +
***Other edits made to wiki page and will be reviewed with FGB. One section still requires work and another requires some additional supporting documentation.
 +
 +
 +
 +
Adjourned 2 PM
 +
 +
  
  
Line 60: Line 84:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
*     
+
* Lloyd will draft the document for a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle.
 +
    
  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
[[2014mmdd FMG concall]]
+
[[20140910 FMG concall]] - confirm by Skype chat
  
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 18:06, 3 September 2014

HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-09-03
Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: David Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk regrets Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140827_FMG_concall
  • DSTU Update
    • Paul will continue researching the fixes and send documentation.
    • Lloyd will check with Grahame on what the resolution to the bandwidth limitation might be.
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

David convenes at 12:36 PM

  • Agenda Check - Paul moves approval as published, seconded by John. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140827_FMG_concall John moves approval seconded by Lloyd. Unanimously approved.
  • DSTU Update
    • Paul will continue researching the fixes and send documentation. Site was not accessible on last week's call. http://www.healthintersections.com.au/fhir/history.html reviewed. From the history they reviewed a representative example in JSON to validate. Paul moves and JohnM seconds endorsement of the DSTU update/correction.
    • Lloyd will check with Grahame on what the resolution to the bandwidth limitation might be. End of month rollover has temporarily fixed the problem.
  • Registries: FMG and EST has approved the registry requirements. What does Lloyd need to do next. It needs to go to HQ for RFI. Paul checked with Andy and noted that the EST has approved the requirements and now they have to send out the RFP. Andy/EST will be taking the responsibility to bring that forward to HQ/Karen. Then Lloyd as project facilitator will shepherd the next steps. They will report when updates are available.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • FGB Risk Assessment and Fundamental_Principles_of_FHIR for FMG review and comment
      • Review Fundamental principles on-line and Risk assessment offline
      • Paul expresses concern over the forwards and backwards compatibility representation in the version numbering. For forwards compatibility we must express the prohibition of new elements. Lloyd notes they support the ability of implementers to identify new elements. John thinks we need more explaining. If more needed to be done it might be added as a new resource and inherit from an existing resource.
      • Lloyd notes that the principle exists though the explicit methodology has not been defined. Paul notes that if we state this as an achievement and not a goal we need to be able to assert the method.
      • David offers "FHIR will strive to be forwards and backwards compatible". We cannot have instances where new elements make prior elements required.
      • Lloyd states as long as one can tell what the effective version that this instance is intended to be compliant with… you shouldn't have to have an instance that declares conformance to a specific version of FHIR.
      • John notes you can only validate conformance against the core spec. Other conformance claims would have to include reference to the profile. These sub-principles should perhaps be expressed also.
      • Need a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will draft the document.
      • Do we need to wait for that document review before we sign off on this one? John would like to wait but we can begin review on the rest.
      • Primary objective: prioritize implementation. Again we need to be able to assert how we adhere to the principle. When we make changes or additions we make them in such a way that maximizes adherence to these principles. Lloyd edits the wiki page.
      • Do we need to add the implementation patterns of push-pull, messages vs documents, etc.
      • Trade off complexity on the server versus the client, the side of the transaction likely to be more capable.
      • Uses/constraints should be centered about a profile.
      • Other edits made to wiki page and will be reviewed with FGB. One section still requires work and another requires some additional supporting documentation.


Adjourned 2 PM



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will draft the document for a proposed methodology to handle versioning and forward compatibility to demonstrate ability to adhere to this principle.


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140910 FMG concall - confirm by Skype chat


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International