This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "20140401 FGB concall"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{{subst::FGB Template}}")
 
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes''' <br/>
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/334756981 334-756-981]
 
'''Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#'''<br/> GoToMeeting ID: [https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/334756981 334-756-981]
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-mm-dd '''<br/> '''Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
+
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2014-04-01'''<br/> '''Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern'''
 
|-
 
|-
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Ron Parker
+
| width="0%" colspan="2" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': John Quinn
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
| width="0%" colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|}
 
|}
Line 11: Line 11:
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = Chair plus 2
 
|colspan="4" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| Quorum = Chair plus 2
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes/no'''
+
|colspan="2" align="center" style="background:#f0f0f0;"| '''yes'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|Members ||colspan="2"|Members
 
|colspan="2"|Chair/CTO ||colspan="2"|Members ||colspan="2"|Members
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Ron Parker|| ||George (Woody) Beeler|| ||Ewout Kramer
+
|X||Ron Parker||regrets ||George (Woody) Beeler|| ||Ewout Kramer
 
|-
 
|-
| ||John Quinn || ||Grahame Grieve|| ||FMG co-chair
+
|X||John Quinn ||X ||Lorraine Constable ||X||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG co-chair)
 
+
|-
 +
| || ||X||Grahame Grieve||X||Dave Shaver
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" rowspan="3"|observers/guests
 
|colspan="2" rowspan="3"|observers/guests
| ||Austin Kreisler
+
|X||Dave Hamill (HQ)||X||Catherine Hoang
 
|-
 
|-
|||Lynn Laakso, scribe
+
|regrets||Lynn Laakso, scribe||X||Austin Kreisler
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||
 
| ||
Line 29: Line 30:
  
 
==Agenda==
 
==Agenda==
*Roll call -
+
*Roll call
 
*Agenda Review
 
*Agenda Review
*Approve minutes of [[2014MMDD FGB concall]]
+
*Approve minutes of [[20140325 FGB concall]]
 
*Action Item review:  
 
*Action Item review:  
 +
**FGB new provider candidate (C.Hoang) interview status
 +
**New FGB co-chairs
 
*FMG update -  
 
*FMG update -  
 +
**Draft [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7853/11466/%44%53%54%55%5f%51%41%5f%63%72%69%74%65%72%69%61%2e%64%6f%63%78 DSTU QA criteria]
 
*Methodology update-
 
*Methodology update-
<!--*Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
 
*HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
 
-->
 
 
*Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
 
*Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
<!--*#Education-->
+
**Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape
*#Conformity Assessment
+
**[[FHIR_Precepts]] Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
*#Appeal Process / Escalation
+
**value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
*#*What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
+
 
*#*What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
+
==Minutes==
*#*What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions? Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)
+
Convened at 08:05 EDT
 +
 
 +
'''FGB New Provider Candidate Interview'''
 +
*Lynn was tracking; no update sent to the group from Lynn.
 +
*Catherine joined the call; Ron gave a review of the FGB roles/responsibilities.
 +
 
 +
'''New FGB CoChairs'''
 +
*Woody and Dave Shaver expressed interest as co-chairs
 +
*The group felt the call for candidates has been open for a long enough duration.
 +
*Motion by McKenzie to appoint Woody Beeler and Dave Shaver as FGB co-chairs.  Quinn Seconded.  Motion carried unanimously.
 +
 
 +
'''FMG Update'''
 +
*The FMG have reached out to Austin to recruit him as a member. 
 +
*Austin's schedule going forward won't permit him to be able to participate on the FMG
 +
*Lloyd and Lorraine will review the candidates that have expressed interest in either FMG or FGB and will provide a status update next week.
 +
 
 +
'''Draft DSTU QA Criteria'''
 +
*Lloyd presented the document to the group
 +
*FMG is still reviewing the criteria. 
 +
*The FGB team's formal review/approval will be after FMG to complete their review before doing the official FGB review. However, it was encouraged that the FGB review the document and provide input to the FMG.
 +
*The FGB can plan on approving this document at the next call.
 +
 
 +
 
 +
'''Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape'''
 +
*Ron's comments:
 +
**Precepts were not moving very rapidly and the FGB was trying to get these moved along
 +
**Recommends a 'governance facilitator'
 +
**Hopes that the FGB develops a sense of the community; think about vendor's perspectives on the product; what they need to see
 +
**Perhaps each FGB participant takes ownership of their area's perspective; contact their peers and get their peer's ideas on FHIR
 +
**Vitality assessment - need to formalize this.  Vitality Assessment is: If the context of the business/technology changes, then this triggers an analysis of whether FHIR needs to change. 
 +
***For example, ONC is interested, where is the tipping point of going from trial interest to mainstream interest?
 +
***The new FGB co-chairs is a business change that should
 +
***FGB, as a whole, should reach out to Stan Huff as the new Board Chair to bring him up to speed.  Perhaps invite Stan o one of the FGB calls; make sure he's on an upcoming agenda.  Perhaps have Ken McCaslin on the same call that Stan attends
  
 +
'''FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept '''
 +
*So far 4 precepts have been identified at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Precepts
 +
**FHIR prioritizes implementation
 +
**FHIR is free
 +
**FHIR tries to keep the common things simple
 +
**FHIR leverages off-the-shelf technologies
  
==Minutes==
+
'''Value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content'''
Convened at
+
*Some content is okay to be members-only; some should be both member/non-member
 +
*Are the connectathons a value add for members?  Lloyd said yes, they are.  The cost has been increased so that non-members pay a much higher amount than members.
  
*
+
Adjourned at 09:02 EDT
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===
Line 56: Line 96:
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Actions''' ''(Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)''<br/>
*
+
*Lynn - Have HQ assign Woody Beeler and Dave Shaver as co-chairs
 +
*Dave Shaver - Reach out to Woody to coordinate co-chair responsibilities
 +
*Ron - Provide additional material to new FGB members regarding governance concepts
 +
*Ron - Provide the FGB team info he's gathered for the FHIR Precepts page
 +
 
  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|colspan="4" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*[[2014mmdd FGB concall]]
+
*[[20140408 FGB concall]]
 +
*Approve the  DSTU QA Criteria
  
 
|}
 
|}

Latest revision as of 12:11, 8 April 2014

HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-04-01
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
X Ron Parker regrets George (Woody) Beeler Ewout Kramer
X John Quinn X Lorraine Constable X Lloyd McKenzie (FMG co-chair)
X Grahame Grieve X Dave Shaver
observers/guests X Dave Hamill (HQ) X Catherine Hoang
regrets Lynn Laakso, scribe X Austin Kreisler

Agenda

  • Roll call
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140325 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new provider candidate (C.Hoang) interview status
    • New FGB co-chairs
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape
    • FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
    • value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content

Minutes

Convened at 08:05 EDT

FGB New Provider Candidate Interview

  • Lynn was tracking; no update sent to the group from Lynn.
  • Catherine joined the call; Ron gave a review of the FGB roles/responsibilities.

New FGB CoChairs

  • Woody and Dave Shaver expressed interest as co-chairs
  • The group felt the call for candidates has been open for a long enough duration.
  • Motion by McKenzie to appoint Woody Beeler and Dave Shaver as FGB co-chairs. Quinn Seconded. Motion carried unanimously.

FMG Update

  • The FMG have reached out to Austin to recruit him as a member.
  • Austin's schedule going forward won't permit him to be able to participate on the FMG
  • Lloyd and Lorraine will review the candidates that have expressed interest in either FMG or FGB and will provide a status update next week.

Draft DSTU QA Criteria

  • Lloyd presented the document to the group
  • FMG is still reviewing the criteria.
  • The FGB team's formal review/approval will be after FMG to complete their review before doing the official FGB review. However, it was encouraged that the FGB review the document and provide input to the FMG.
  • The FGB can plan on approving this document at the next call.


Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape

  • Ron's comments:
    • Precepts were not moving very rapidly and the FGB was trying to get these moved along
    • Recommends a 'governance facilitator'
    • Hopes that the FGB develops a sense of the community; think about vendor's perspectives on the product; what they need to see
    • Perhaps each FGB participant takes ownership of their area's perspective; contact their peers and get their peer's ideas on FHIR
    • Vitality assessment - need to formalize this. Vitality Assessment is: If the context of the business/technology changes, then this triggers an analysis of whether FHIR needs to change.
      • For example, ONC is interested, where is the tipping point of going from trial interest to mainstream interest?
      • The new FGB co-chairs is a business change that should
      • FGB, as a whole, should reach out to Stan Huff as the new Board Chair to bring him up to speed. Perhaps invite Stan o one of the FGB calls; make sure he's on an upcoming agenda. Perhaps have Ken McCaslin on the same call that Stan attends

FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept

Value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content

  • Some content is okay to be members-only; some should be both member/non-member
  • Are the connectathons a value add for members? Lloyd said yes, they are. The cost has been increased so that non-members pay a much higher amount than members.

Adjourned at 09:02 EDT

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn - Have HQ assign Woody Beeler and Dave Shaver as co-chairs
  • Dave Shaver - Reach out to Woody to coordinate co-chair responsibilities
  • Ron - Provide additional material to new FGB members regarding governance concepts
  • Ron - Provide the FGB team info he's gathered for the FHIR Precepts page


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.