This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140325 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 13:23, 25 March 2014 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-03-25
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
regrets Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler regrets Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG co-chair)
x Grahame Grieve x Dave Shaver
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140318 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review and interview wrapup
      • New FGB co-chairs
    • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.


Minutes

Convened at 8:05 AM by John

  • Agenda Review approved by general consent
  • Approve minutes of 20140318 FGB concall Woody/Lloyd moved approval; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review and interview wrapup; no further response from Catherine Hoang of the Provider category
      • New FGB co-chairs; Woody suggests we gather a slate of names willing to volunteer and discuss/vote next week. Candidates could send a statement of interest to the list for an election 4/1/2014. Woody moves and Lloyd seconds the approach. Unanimously approved
    • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam; he distributed it and asked for feedback but has not received any. The FMG had reviewed and had some edits; Lynn will send to John.
  • FMG update -Lloyd reports they have reviewed the FHIR Profiling Tool, updated the position statement, and wrapping up development efforts to get WG content for September
    • Woody asks if the DSTU release has brought forward more interest and implementation; they have not heard anything concrete though they continue to see questions from new people. Metrics of participation and what users are doing continue to be a challenge.
    • The FAQ and Knowledge Based articles review has been a focus lately
    • "DIM SUM" DOD NHS initiative RFI for an EHR environment includes reference to FHIR reports John. It did not include definition or reference so he was surprised to see that it required no further explanation in the document.
  • Lorraine joins
  • Methodology update- Lloyd gives an update and FMG will continue to work on over the coming year. Only a small subset of existing questions has been answered. He sends a set of DSTU QA criteria to the list
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • Woody suggests we review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape and address such questions after we discuss
    • value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
      • Last week discussion on members-only FAQs and KB development funded by HQ. It's in conflict with the precept of FHIR being free notes Lloyd. Some of the content developed would be really useful to implementers.
      • Dave reports from the membership task force and notes they have been wandering in the dark, seeking opportunities for revenue. What is the definition of FHIR and its constituent components that falls under the precept of "FHIR is free". One approach is that the standard is available for free and other items like implementation guides and KB and FAQ are revenue based. This would be similar to the user group development. It is a reasonable question to answer from a Governance Board perspective. Another approach is that anything produced by the FHIR team is free versus just the standard is free. Grahame notes his intent that all of FHIR be free and compares development to other areas like CDA. Development must otherwise be commercialized.
      • Lloyd would like to have the precept of FHIR being free formally developed so these issues can be clarified and stated. Membership should not be required to implement the standard. Woody agrees we need a clear statement of what it means to be freely available in this circumstance and any boundaries that exist should be defined. Lloyd adds there will still be fuzziness around what an implementer would need. Lloyd suggests a wiki page to start some explanatory text. Grahame notes that the premise of the standard being free but the collateral was not addressed.
  • Woody will not be available next week and so will Lynn

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.