This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2014-06-05 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:47, 5 June 2014 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting

notes of (non-quorum) Tooling WG call follow the Tooling and ES merger discussion

Tooling/ES merger discussion

HL7 Tooling and ES merger Discussion
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
Date: 2014-06-05
Time: 4PM Eastern
Facilitator: Lorraine Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x David Burgess, ES
x Lorraine Constable, ES
regrets Dennis Cheung, Tooling
x Freida Hall, ES
x David Hamill, HQ
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Ken McCaslin - ES
x Viji Saxena, HL7 Webmaster
x Andy Stechishin, Tooling
x Michael van der Zel, Tooling
regrets Nat Wong, ES
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (Yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • this session will be a follow up co-chair discussion once we have had a chance to discuss in our work groups, and follow up with T3SD

Minutes

  • Roll call
  • last minutes were at the bottom of the Tooling minutes from the same date
  • Reports from discussions:
    • Lorraine reports that ES met last week and passed a motion to put together a plan for the merger, with the aim of completing the merger by the 2014Sept WGM
    • Freida notes that the current rules provide for dissolving one group and merging into another. Lorraine thought we would get advice from the Steering Division if they should do that, or create a new group and merge both into the new.
    • Andy notes that Tooling also discussed and passed a motion to proceed with planning it out but not with a specific timeframe.
    • There were concerns expressed, recapped from the 5/29 tooling call minutes. Tooling role in FHIR reviewed. Transition of involvement of FHIR tooling to Tooling WG from Grahame's work, as others begin to get involved will be important.
  • Discussion of next steps.
    • Dissolution of one WG and getting another WG to accept their work is cleaner. Creating new WG and dissolving both previous WGs has more steps. Precedent of Lab into OO, Personnel Mgmt into PA, etc. Wikis have links to old material so that it's not lost.
    • Andy suggests dissolving Tooling into ES as their WG has the broader scope. WG Name could eventually change to Electronic Services and Tools or something similar. ES M&C had previously had to scope out the Tooling areas but now would not have to do so, notes Lorraine.
    • Keeping all the existing co-chairs would have 6, which for succession planning and orientation to cochairs is not excessive.
    • Steps to assess the dissolution form, ES update to M&C, merged WG DMP, other tasks, needs a time slot for work. The ES WG is continuing their own ES calls for continuity biweekly. Andy suggests we keep the Tooling time on Thursdays at 2 PM; if we move it to 4 PM it will be difficult for Michael. We might move the Tooling timeslot to the alternate weeks to the ES schedule but for now use this timeslot for tracking the merger tasks.
  • Next steps - draft dissolution request and new ES M&C using steps that Freida will send. Need draft DMP as well and then determine a slot. ES M&C is imminently due for update for Work Group Health, anyway.
    • Ken suggests putting both M&Cs into a document and doing a compare. We could probably finalize a draft quickly on the call in two weeks as a group once it's circulated for review. Lynn will look at a GTM setup for two weeks from now.
    • Question raised whether John Quinn had any concerns - Ken notes that he simply thought it made sense. Andy should still contact him to confirm.

Adjourned 4:43 PM


Tooling Call

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting ID: 482-299-629
Date: 2014-06-05
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
regrets Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
regrets Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Ken McCaslin - popped in briefly, will attend the 4 PM call
Lloyd McKenzie, FHIR liaison
John Ritter, EHR
x Viji Saxena, HL7 Webmaster
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (No)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Andy convened at 2:02 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review -
    • lacking quorum and anticipating the 4 PM call, the call disconnected at 2:11 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy and Lorraine will draft dissolution request and new ES M&C using steps that Freida will send
  • Lynn will look at a GTM setup for two weeks from now
  • Andy will contact John Quinn to confirm awareness of the plan
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.