2014-01-21 User Group WGM Mtg 6:00 - 7:00PM in Rio Grande Center
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- John Hatem (chair), Rene Spronk, Nathan, Karen, Mark McD
- Review Governance document drafts
- One page summary
- We have more information about what we're asking HQ to do. HQ to assist international f2f meeting (once a year, likely in conjunction with a WGM), e.g. with registration. Anything 'local' is up to a local group to organize. Other scheduled meetings that are virtual in nature, e.g. phone conferences. Aim is to be budget neutral, aim is not to generate a profit.
- Members of HL7 (or affiliates) don't pay a fee, if the user group is associated with another organisation (e.g. ARRA) then those members will be able to join for free as well. All others pay an annual fee.
- Co-chairs need to be the core of the community. Drive it forward. Need 'community organizers', connectors.
- Mission and Charter
- Rene: add relationships with HL7 groups and other organizations, formal or informal
- Nathan: UGs will have more touchpoints with various parties, could be a stakeholder list. Some have MOUs, others do not.
- New UG formation template
- Discussion around 'explanation of demonstrated need' item. John: it's a kind of scope, which HL7 standards are they focused upon. Identification of the community - one standard can be used by various UGs.
- Identification of at least 5 users for the new UG. Nathan: ARRA won't name members prior to the creation of the UG. Intent is to show there is a potential viable user community.
- One page summary
- Prepare board proposal on HL7 User Groups
- Board would welcome recommendations. Probably create a Taskforce or other formal groups structure for the Immunization UG pilot. Deal with governance (GOM) once pilot is deemed to be successfull.
- The board has to formally agree to the MOU with ARRA for the Immunization UG.
- Would be good to have a date for the first (virtual) meeting of the Immunization UG, for announcement at HIMMS. HL7 can then create a press release, need a date and an agenda. First meeting to be free.