This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131120 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 19:03, 20 November 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-11-20
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover regrets Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
regrets Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay regrets Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131113_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase.
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc. Grahame attended ES on Monday and once they get requirements they will move to the next step. Meeting with Grahame on 11/4
  • RIM Mappings
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call quorate at 1:09 PM
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20131113_FMG_concall Brian moves approval and David seconds. Unanimously approved
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John M will write up some rules on connectathon versus showcase. John's been sick, no progress.
      • Need to combine criteria at FHIR Connectathons with distinction of connectathon versus hackathon and come up with process.
      • Paul/Lorraine/Brian will draft responsibilities around ballot, publishing levels, etc. Grahame attended ES on Monday and once they get requirements they will move to the next step. Paul estimates the PSSes will be ready around December.
  • RIM Mappings - Paul suggests these need to be done pre-publication but probably post-reconciliation. Liaisons must also notify their groups that these will be developed (mostly in the domain areas, not infrastructure) and may need their involvement or review. RIM mappings are human-mapping not machine readable of resource elements back to the RIM. Most of them were mapped during facilitator's roundtable but some remain. Paul also notes that we need to document the methodology for how that mapping is done.
  • Reports
    • FMG Liaisons
      • John notes that IHE XDS mapping ballot comments are being worked through. IHE ITI committee this year will do a profile of FHIR for use cases on Patient Demographic Query (PDQ).
      • Brian asks about the tutorial in San Antonio on Sunday for FHIR Profile. It is being taught by Ewout.
  • Process management
    • Hugh reports that UK is planning a hackathon and Ewout would be their technical lead, planned for mid-December with about a half dozen interested parties. If it goes well they will do another in the spring. The new NHS appointment booking service is to be FHIR based. Need for preservation of FHIR brand in the face of the UK enthusiasm discussed. Need for internal developer perspective and bottom up influence described. How do we enable these external developments of extensions. Need to get their feedback from external development. Do we need to reach out to the organization in question and offer our help? Paul asks if HL7 or HL7 UK should do so. HL7 might be process, design, and product liason where HL7 UK might be implementer liaison. This is a way for an affiliate to add value in their domain, notes David. Discussion ensued on whether unofficial resources get to use the FHIR brand. Further discussion followed of role of affiliate in FHIR development and adoption. In the case of V3, where the CAN Realm was bringing standards material to HL7, Paul notes, elevating realm material to UV was the right thing to do. Hugh notes we may need to shift this off to the marketing committee, but he'll take some excerpts to a wiki page from his presentation to HL7 UK tomorrow.


Adjourned 2:01 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Hugh will take some excerpts to a wiki page from his presentation to HL7 UK
  • Liaisons must also notify their groups that the RIM Mappings will be developed (mostly in the domain areas, not infrastructure) and may need their involvement or review
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

no call 2013-11-27


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International