20130814 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 18:07, 14 August 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2013-08-14
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio regrets Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay x Keith Boone
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130807_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David seeking feedback from Grahame on the final scenarios for the connectathon
  • Membership recommendations to FGB/TSC
  • Reports
  • FTSD question: to what degree does FHIR constrain an existing datatypes 'flavor'.
  • Process management
    • Now that we're into DSTU ballot, what are the rules that govern what changes can be made and by whom.
    • Ballot Planning
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Lloyd convenes at 1:05 PM

  • Agenda Check - action item is done, Keith's discussion item first. Lorraine moves and David seconds agenda. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20130807_FMG_concall John moves and Brian seconds approval. Jean and Hugh abstain, passes 3/0/2
  • Keith Boone email discussion from 8/7, e.g. Seeking descriptions.
    • Keith notes he asked because of discussions in US and NHIN power team on stability of FHIR specifications. It's immature but there is desire to use the material. How to approach the need/demand and stability. Make sure people are able to reference it if desired in regulation and international specifications. The whole set of materials to ballot as a unit and go normative as a unit.
    • Lloyd reports that they expect everything that balloted this cycle to be published DSTU by January. They may yank a resource or two. Keith is satisfied with this explanation. Lloyd adds that normative will be perhaps three years out depending on the depth and breadth of implementation experience.
    • Lloyd adds that ONC needs to understand that the DSTU status does reserve the right to change anything and there is no guarantee of backwards compatibility.
  • Lloyd turns over chairmanship to Hugh
  • Membership recommendations to FGB/TSC
    • Lorraine describes some suggestions Paul Knapp
    • Lloyd feels the FGB makes the final recommendation.
    • Hugh asks if they feel this is a representative approach and appropriate way.
    • David asks if we should allow them to self-select? Lloyd agrees that the cochairs list and the FHIR lists would be good places to announce the availability of an opening.
    • Hugh would like to see us enumerate a list of skills we seek. Communication, integration of systems. Current development skills in FHIR space. Able to attend most, if not all, the WGMs and the regular calls. David notes he will not always be able to attend.
    • Set of skills is one thing, then a set of responsibilities and level of commitment is another. Need priorities on both sides.
    • Attendance should be at least one WGM per year.
    • Lorraine finds FHIR implementation experience highly desirable and cautions against it as a requirement.
    • Hugh asks about sufficient clinical experience. It would be a desirable attribute
    • Technologist designing to what they think is the need and the clinician clarifies what they're asking for.
    • Action item: Brian will draft a set of lists to be sent out.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) - David will work with Lloyd on contacting connectathon participants on scenarios. About 22 signed up so far.
    • FGB – no report
    • MnM – Lloyd has left the call
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Lorraine went in to make her QA changes and found Grahame had already done them
  • FTSD question: to what degree does FHIR constrain an existing datatypes 'flavor'.
    • Lynn describes the issue from the FTSD call. Lorraine suggests there may be text in the FHIR spec that would work. There is a profile that allows you to use existing datatypes. FHIR spec has dealt with the null flavor design question differently while CDS did away with null flavor. Jean reiterates that the CDS call yesterday frequently referred to examples set by FHIR.
    • Need Lloyd /Grahame / Ewout to answer this, specifically as a methodology question.
  • Process management
    • Now that we're into DSTU ballot, what are the rules that govern what changes can be made and by whom. Grahame sent a note to the list saying that he'd created a branch, notes Lorraine. David asserts the basic rule is that with the ballot package there can't be changes unless made by FMG or core team. Hugh notes that he has had opportunity to make technical corrections and have them pushed out to the ballot site and the voters notified. Also fixing a broken build in mid-ballot is reasonable. David summarizes that fixing errors is okay but adding content is not. Lorraine notes that adding examples is a consideration. DSTU Ballot branch vs development branch is probably a good approach. Lorraine notes that since the beginning we've talked about maintenance to production code.



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Brian will draft a set of lists to be sent out
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20130821 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International