This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "20130508 FMG WGM meeting"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 22: Line 22:
 
|?||Lorraine Constable || ||John Moehrke || ||Lynn Laakso, scribe
 
|?||Lorraine Constable || ||John Moehrke || ||Lynn Laakso, scribe
 
|-
 
|-
|?||Jean Duteau  ||X||Brian Pech  || || Austin Kreisler  
+
|X||Jean Duteau  ||X||Brian Pech  || || Austin Kreisler  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||David Hay||||  || ||  
+
|X||David Hay||||  || ||  
 
|-
 
|-
 
| . || ||||  ||  ||  
 
| . || ||||  ||  ||  
Line 33: Line 33:
 
*Roll Call
 
*Roll Call
 
*Agenda Check
 
*Agenda Check
*Minutes from [[2013mmdd_FMG_concall]]  
+
*Minutes from [[20130429_FMG_concall]]  
 
*Administrative
 
*Administrative
 
** Action items
 
** Action items
Line 42: Line 42:
 
**MnM –  
 
**MnM –  
 
**[[FMG Liaisons]] –
 
**[[FMG Liaisons]] –
*Precepts
 
 
**
 
**
*Process management
+
*Resource Proposals
**Ballot Planning
+
*Ballot Readiness
**Developing FMG Management Methodology - see [[FHIR Methodology Process]] and [[FHIR Guide to Designing Resources]]
+
*QA process (previous & next)
**FHIR Design patterns - see [[FHIR Design Patterns]]
+
*Sept WGM plans
**Ballot content review and QA process [[FHIR QA Guidelines]]
+
*Community Building
 
*AOB (Any Other Business)
 
*AOB (Any Other Business)
  
 
==Minutes==
 
==Minutes==
  
 +
Agenda Approval: David/Hugh unanimous
 +
 +
===Connectathon Report===
 +
'''Pros'''
 +
* Went well - filled the room (more than 20 people) - 28 max
 +
* Several observers
 +
* New people & returnees
 +
* 2 remote participants (not ideal, better than nothing)
 +
* 6 clients met 1 or more, 5 servers met 1 or more
 +
* Vendors & organizations, not just individuals
 +
* Seem to be building on previous ones
 +
 +
'''Cons'''
 +
* Didn't successfully get 3 streams running
 +
* Didn't get scenarios or data defined early enough
 +
* Didn't really "demonstrate" what was done - do we need more of a showcase?
 +
 +
 +
'''Future'''
 +
* Perhaps put together a "build FHIR in a day" tutorial/set of instructions
 +
* Look at driving scenarios off list of use-cases [[http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/fhir/usecases.htm]]
 +
* Put connectathon on the Tutorial list?
 +
* Eventually we want to charge real money.  Perhaps next time charge $50 or something/participant
 +
** partially cover food
 +
** encourage participation & commitment
 +
** perhaps adjust fees in the future - if you certify, you pay less next time?
 +
* Connectathon coming up in Australia, possibly Europe
 +
** Need announcment in HL7 notice
 +
* Article in HL7 Newsletter, including announcement of upcoming future connectathons & where
 +
** This connectathon will be last opportunity to try specification before DSTU is finalized
 +
* Content will be frozen at ballot - need to ensure the servers are ready at the same time.
 +
* Aim for 30+ attendees, round tables
 +
 +
===FGB report===
 +
* Discussed vitality process
 +
* Grahame provided stats on resource access - resources + date
 +
** Start capturing IP address, user's name, operation, search parameters
 +
* Ewout agrees to capture stats too - will coordinate w/ Grahame on format
 +
* Discussed process for donating resources
 +
* Still an open issue for the board to deal with IP issues around submissions (internal and external)
 +
* Will allow for externally-defined resources in a way to ensure no collisions and encourage community-participation
 +
 +
===MnM===
 +
Working on methodology
 +
 +
 +
===Community===
 +
* Consideration of using Stack Overflow or something like that?
 +
* Benefit to using the public forum
 +
** increased public view
 +
* May be too hard to get the focus narrow enough to be useful
 +
* Dave will add a wiki-page
 +
 +
 +
===Resource Proposals===
 +
* Lloyd will send a reminder to the WGs indicating what resources are missing proposals and requesting proposals to be complete by a deadline (say 2 weeks Monday)
 +
** Will include examples
 +
* Lloyd will distribute the Core resources to members of FMG and FGB (probably ~ 2 each), same deadline for completion
 +
* Will devote a large chunk of time to reviewing proposals on future calls
 +
 +
===Ballot Readiness===
 +
* Some WGs doing well, others not so well
 +
* May need to move content for FM into "Core owned"
 +
* Pharmacy - ready
 +
* PA - Patient, Organization ready, but for all - November
 +
** Will re-factor approach to get "enough" review done by mid-July
 +
* FM - "ready enough"
 +
* PHER - ready
 +
* OO - ready
 +
* PC - ready
 +
* Devices - ready or yanked
 +
* New security stuff - ready
 +
 +
===QA===
 +
* Process worked really well 22 participants, 16 actually did some (many all) of review
 +
* Vocab has agreed to undertake a QA process that involves vetting chunks at a time (once we deem them ready for review)
 +
* Lloyd will be putting together some tools to aid in validation
 +
* QA will be repeated in much the same way next round with a solicitation of volunteers.  Volunteers will be assigned different topics
 +
 +
===WGM Planning===
 +
Reps asked to solicit room planning
  
 
===Next Steps===
 
===Next Steps===

Revision as of 01:28, 9 May 2013

HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Georgia 8

Date: 2013-05-08
Time: 7:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs X Hugh Glover X|Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
? Lorraine Constable John Moehrke Lynn Laakso, scribe
X Jean Duteau X Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
X David Hay
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20130429_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
  • Reports
  • Resource Proposals
  • Ballot Readiness
  • QA process (previous & next)
  • Sept WGM plans
  • Community Building
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Agenda Approval: David/Hugh unanimous

Connectathon Report

Pros

  • Went well - filled the room (more than 20 people) - 28 max
  • Several observers
  • New people & returnees
  • 2 remote participants (not ideal, better than nothing)
  • 6 clients met 1 or more, 5 servers met 1 or more
  • Vendors & organizations, not just individuals
  • Seem to be building on previous ones

Cons

  • Didn't successfully get 3 streams running
  • Didn't get scenarios or data defined early enough
  • Didn't really "demonstrate" what was done - do we need more of a showcase?


Future

  • Perhaps put together a "build FHIR in a day" tutorial/set of instructions
  • Look at driving scenarios off list of use-cases [[1]]
  • Put connectathon on the Tutorial list?
  • Eventually we want to charge real money. Perhaps next time charge $50 or something/participant
    • partially cover food
    • encourage participation & commitment
    • perhaps adjust fees in the future - if you certify, you pay less next time?
  • Connectathon coming up in Australia, possibly Europe
    • Need announcment in HL7 notice
  • Article in HL7 Newsletter, including announcement of upcoming future connectathons & where
    • This connectathon will be last opportunity to try specification before DSTU is finalized
  • Content will be frozen at ballot - need to ensure the servers are ready at the same time.
  • Aim for 30+ attendees, round tables

FGB report

  • Discussed vitality process
  • Grahame provided stats on resource access - resources + date
    • Start capturing IP address, user's name, operation, search parameters
  • Ewout agrees to capture stats too - will coordinate w/ Grahame on format
  • Discussed process for donating resources
  • Still an open issue for the board to deal with IP issues around submissions (internal and external)
  • Will allow for externally-defined resources in a way to ensure no collisions and encourage community-participation

MnM

Working on methodology


Community

  • Consideration of using Stack Overflow or something like that?
  • Benefit to using the public forum
    • increased public view
  • May be too hard to get the focus narrow enough to be useful
  • Dave will add a wiki-page


Resource Proposals

  • Lloyd will send a reminder to the WGs indicating what resources are missing proposals and requesting proposals to be complete by a deadline (say 2 weeks Monday)
    • Will include examples
  • Lloyd will distribute the Core resources to members of FMG and FGB (probably ~ 2 each), same deadline for completion
  • Will devote a large chunk of time to reviewing proposals on future calls

Ballot Readiness

  • Some WGs doing well, others not so well
  • May need to move content for FM into "Core owned"
  • Pharmacy - ready
  • PA - Patient, Organization ready, but for all - November
    • Will re-factor approach to get "enough" review done by mid-July
  • FM - "ready enough"
  • PHER - ready
  • OO - ready
  • PC - ready
  • Devices - ready or yanked
  • New security stuff - ready

QA

  • Process worked really well 22 participants, 16 actually did some (many all) of review
  • Vocab has agreed to undertake a QA process that involves vetting chunks at a time (once we deem them ready for review)
  • Lloyd will be putting together some tools to aid in validation
  • QA will be repeated in much the same way next round with a solicitation of volunteers. Volunteers will be assigned different topics

WGM Planning

Reps asked to solicit room planning

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International