20130411 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ARB - Meeting (Date in Title)
- Call to order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda and Minutes
- Review to-do list
- Review/update Arb BAM task list
- Report from Architecture Project
- Other business and planning
|HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator||Parker, Ron||Note taker(s)||Julian, Tony|
|.||Constable, Lorraine||Constable Consulting Inc.|
|X||Curry, Jane||Health Information Strategies|
|X||Dagnall, Bo||HP Enterprise Services|
|.||Grieve, Grahame||Health Intersections Pty Ltd|
|.||Hufnagel, Steve||U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System|
|X||Julian, Tony||Mayo Clinic|
|.||Loyd, Patrick||ICode Solutions|
|X||Milosevic, Zoran||Deontik Pty Ltd|
|X||Parker, Ron||CA Infoway|
|.||Quinn, John||Health Level Seven, Inc.|
|X||Kreisler, Austin||HL7 TSC Chair|
|Quorum Requirements Met: Yes|
- Minute/agenda approval
- Motion to approve minutes/agenda(Tony/Zoran)
- Vote (7-0-1)
- CIMI discussion
- Rons last meeting until WGM
- trackers all open - add
- FDA item is at the DAM area.
- BAM TASK LIST:
- Striving for ABC. Included trackers
- Recent work - Bo
- Some are done, some not.
- Changed name of conformance criteria - part of governance outcomes.
- Methodologist role has been specialized to Practioner and Facilitator
- Same for Management and Governance
- Also has consultant roles.
- Ron: Introduced the role of the Board.
- Phase 0 has the idea of is there a product. Cant imagine doing without the board
- Austin: Marketing committee is involved. May be executive committee.
- Ron: When do we take this to the stakeholders?
- BO: xxx - every behavior that produces an artifact has to have an author.
- Role names were in some cases too generic. Will add more specificity. XXX means something coming.
- Cecil: Is there a restriction of an author being a person? How about tooling?
- Bo: Will have to add as we move down the stack.
- Scribe lost connectivity and resumed
- Ron presented the spreadsheet
- Have an hour or two to fix step 2
- with this refinement we have additional clarity. Bo will come back and we will test.
- Ron: BO - Activity modeling after other stages?
- Bo: We need to complete a couple of stages, and then go back through.
- Ron: Austin, we will finish after the WGM. We will be ready to populate with the WGs.
- Jane: When you look at the net new stuff we discovered compared to what we do today, the new product lines/families tend to stay stovepiped. To meet interoperable product, and coherence, harmonization, and alignment should be encouraged through process. MnM function needs to be tasked to pull together design methodologies, and if necessary to do the harmonization across the product lines. Keep WGs from going there own way - need to understand that HL7 needs coherence.
- Austin: Governance, Management, Methodology needs coordination across all of the silos.
- Ron: Product coherence is the responsibility of the product directorate.
- Ron: Cecil you raised the issue of coherence - methodology and terminology will bring it together and help with reuse. Will help also with traceability. We look at the ECCF, and placement, but ArB needs to be strong on how we achieve traceability.
- Lorraine: Does not show up in the current work.
- Ron: Failing to effectively frame the products to the market.
- Austin: Q2 monday, with Structured Documents a pilot for formation of a product line around CDA implementation guides. They are their own product family, with a number of product lines. Use V3 roots. Start with a small scale, look at a couple existing products, to go through the excercise, then expand over time. Gives us a different look. FHIR is being checked against the BAM to see if FHIR is doing right, or is the BAM right. Need to make sure we dont lose folks in a too-deep dive into the model. Purpose: A. give them an overview of the BAM development, B. then the process to establish a CDA product family. Wont try to take on political complexities of C-CDA.
- Ron: Soliciting attendance. Will be an interesting meeting. Need to present separation of concerns. Will have to be firm, take them on the journey with us.
- Recent work - Bo
- Lorraine will firm up agenda for Sunday, and Tuesday Q4- may not know what that is until Sunday. Expect to be working through BAM before we get into the fall.
- Meeting on Saturday?
- No: Between TSC and Connectathon there are too many things going on.
- Adjourned 6:00pm U.S. Eastern