This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20130220 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 23:10, 20 February 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2013-02-20
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler regrets Ewout Kramer
John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe


  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20130213 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Ron to speak with PIC regarding “help wanted” wiki development.
    • Grahame will have patent position for next week's review.
    • Check on Grahame's description next week of the nature of relationship with IHE and what to accomplish needs a couple paragraphs from Grahame to go to Chuck Jaffe.
    • Ron and John to remind Chuck we intend to proceed with IHE plan and then draft for him some guidance for his endorsement
    • Ron to collaborate with Grahame on risk assertions for FHIR and draft precepts; check back next week.
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • HL7/IHE/DICOM coordination (John)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Education
      • Need a work plan that is coordinated with HL7 Education Director
    2. Conformity Assessment
    3. Appeal Process / Escalation
      • What is the appeal process for resources not chosen for inclusion in the ballot?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Management decisions?
      • What is the appeal / escalation process for Governance decisions? Responsibilities for resources (education, conformity process, appeal process)


Convened at 5:07 PM

  • Roll call - quorum not achieved
  • Review changes identified in last week's discussion and incorporate Grahame's suggestions into the HL7 FHIR Risk Assessment
    • Need to review existing open source community strategies for forking - ACTION ITEM: need to assign this review to someone
    • Review document for completeness on next call and transform to TSC Risk Assessment template and iterate the evaluation using those criteria
  • adjourned 6:01 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Need to review existing open source community strategies for forking (not assigned)

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.