This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-08-08 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 13:11, 9 August 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-08-08
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Joshua
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
regrets Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x John Quinn, CTO
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Updates from the Board on Tooling Strategy
    • John: "It's mostly about tactics", "do we move forward with Frank Omig's support?", "do we move forward with other things?".
    • John: "The tactics from the board perspective is that we're moving forward to develop 2 tactics around value of membership strategy".
    • "Given that the IP is free, what value is there in membership?"
    • "Two of the value propositions they're examining: 1. Helpdesk. 2. Conformance Testing & Certification".
    • These are both in planning stages. John is working more on conformance testing. There would be Tooling components, but probably not before the first of the year.
    • The board would like to move forward with what's already on our plate with the Tooling strategy
    • John is going to wait and see what the budget needs for Tooling will be
    • We need definitions for what is needed for conformance testing and helpdesk.
    • After we get an idea of what that looks like, we would send out RFPs looking for proposals. Looking for knowledge and experience, anybody coming forward and saying they'd like to work on it.
    • Spending for Tooling on those two projects would not occur until next year.
    • Jane: "As far as Tooling Strategy from a policy point of view, it was assumed that HL7 Tooling would be a members-only benefit. That changes the nature of what we do today?
    • Jane: "Is that assumption accurate?"
    • John: "In general, it's accurate. There's a wide variety of Tooling out there. Some of the tools that are needed to continue doing our work will be made available to anybody working on our standards. The revenue model changes from paying for the standards to paying for a voice in the creation of the standards. Therefore most tools needed to develop standards would by definition be members-only".
    • Jane: "So we need to discuss the tactics of how to protect the IP of our tools."
    • John: "Standards will be protected by copyright statement."
    • John: "Staff and the Tooling WG needs to go through the tools and make sure we understand which tools are available to the public, and which are available to members."
    • John: "Trifolia in a read-only mode would be available to anybody who uses our standards. Trifolia in an edit/update mode would be available only to HL7 members."
    • Andy: "I will add a column to the spreadsheet that Lynn put together to indicate whether a tool is members-only"
    • Jane: "The Tooling Strategy will probably need to be kept as a living document, since we will be adding more things to it"
    • Jane: "We have a number of tools that can be used to refine standards. We need to make sure we understand the distinction."
    • Andy: "We're going to have to address both of those issues - helpdesk & conformance testing. That should be on our agenda for the September WGM and also for January. It would be good to have stuff in place and ready and to be prepared for it."
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-08-01 Tooling Call Jane moves approval. Joshua seconds.
    • Additional Discussion: Jane notes that she did meet with the Sherbrooke people, and they would like to meet after the September WGM and they have a curriculum complementary to Mohawk and would like to share it with Tooling and discuss how we can synergize. Andy suggests the action item be updated to reflect this.
    • Abstains: 0, Opposed: 0. Motion passes.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will take the motherhood-and-apple-pie statements and formulate a statement with some of the current projects for review - not completed yet
    • Post-graduate certifications: There is a meeting arranged with Education next week. Dennis and Andy will online for that.
    • Policy implications of the Tooling Strategy: Rests with Lynn
    • Vocabulary Work Group: No update. Waiting for them to get a Tooling Liaison.
    • Ontology Piece: No Update
    • Michael did send a draft statement of HL7's use of Enterprise Architect
  • Review draft of HL7 use of EA for Sparx community site
    • Michael provided a draft. It is much more detailed than we were expecting. Need to reduce it. It is hard to understand by people not familiar with HL7.
    • It was suggested that we say "out of X work groups we have Y licenses."
    • Andy will send some "motherhood" statements to Joshua about how we use EA, Joshua can combine that with license statistics and what Michael has written to produce a simplified version.
    • Josh will attempt to distill the information into a simplified statement.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 992 Tooling Work Group Education Requirements and Plan - see Tooling_Education
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge
      • Lynn not on the call. None of the judges on the call. No update.
      • Andy asked if there were any ideas for next year's Tooling Challenge.
        • Jane suggested something related to loading data in HINGX.
        • Andy suggested maybe something could be done with MAX.
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation - Jane has no update
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
      • Andy will look at material he has received and offer formatting fixes.
      • Andy's not sure what the status of the next phase is - there are contractual concerns that are going on in Woody/Karen's land.
    • PI# 803 Tooling_Dashboard - Project is on hold; Electronics Services also hasn't discussed dashboards in quite some time
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution - Some of what we're doing here may eventually contribute to the Tooling Dashboard; Lynn is not present to present an update.
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - no further update
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - Attempting to discuss remaining issues on last MAX call before September WGM
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II
    • Jane: "Has there been any movement on a second project with MIF to OWL conversion with Lloyd?"
      • Andy pinged Lloyd about it a few weeks ago to see where he was.
      • Lloyd has a vested interest from a FHIR standpoint because he needs the OWL input.
      • Unfortunately Lloyd has been heads-down on FHIR for the last 3-4 weeks.
      • This was a potential expenditure for this year's budget.
      • Andy is hopeful Lloyd will have time to finish this prior to the WGM.
      • NOTE: We should add this project (MIF to OWL conversion) to our Tooling agenda list.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.