This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "2013-07-11 Tooling Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Created page with "{{subst::Tooling Meeting template}}")
 
 
Line 18: Line 18:
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2013-mm-dd'''<br/> '''Time: 2PM Eastern'''
+
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2013-07-11'''<br/> '''Time: 2PM Eastern'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': <Chair of Meeting>
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Dennis
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Josh Carmody
 
|-
 
|-
 
| border="4" cellpadding="1" colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
| border="4" cellpadding="1" colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 41: Line 41:
 
| .|| .
 
| .|| .
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
+
|x ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
+
|x ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
 
| ||Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
+
|x ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
+
|x ||Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
+
|x ||Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
 
| ||Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
+
|regrets ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
Line 67: Line 67:
 
| ||Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
 
| ||Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
+
|x ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
 
| ||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Line 76: Line 76:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes/No)  
+
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes)  
 
|-  
 
|-  
  
Line 93: Line 93:
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2013-MM-DD Tooling Call]]
+
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2013-06-27 Tooling Call]]
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
Line 163: Line 163:
 
|                                                                  |
 
|                                                                  |
 
=================================================================--->
 
=================================================================--->
<!-- **** Delete instructions  and fill in minutes ON NEXT LINES  ******-->
+
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
+
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2013-06-27 Tooling Call]] Joshua moves approval, Woody seconds; Abstains: 0, Objections: 0
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
+
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
+
<!--       -->
#''
+
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -.
#Adjourned <hh:mm am/pm> <timezone>.
+
**Review of post-graduate certificate
 +
***Lynn shared SWOT analysis before.
 +
***We want to review SWOT analysis from 2 weeks ago and see if we want to pursue the university partnership program.
 +
***It appears that the document has been revised since we last viewed it.
 +
***Jane: The university would offer the certification, they would expect us to develop material, possibly mentoring. But curriculum development is not a minor undertaking.
 +
***Jane: If we were to integrate this into a tooling strategy, perhaps it is something we could seek funding for. It would help us move away from only having Toolsmiths who are long-time HL7 members. But it would be difficult to pull off.
 +
***Jane: And it’s not just a matter of learning tooling, but also learning the methodology. The methodology is harder to learn than the tools themselves.
 +
***Andy: When we talk to Mohawk, other people, they have a hard time understanding HL7 organization and process.
 +
***Dennis: I believe the next action is to decide whether or not we as a group want to pursue offering a post-graduate program with universities.
 +
***Jane: Is this kind of outreach part of our Tooling Strategy?
 +
***Andy: We are in contact with Justin at Mohawk, we were talking to him about how to pursue this. At times it is hard to get a hold of him.
 +
***Andy: I think it’s worth talking about things like this, there may be things we can do to work together.
 +
***Andy: I don’t know the specifics of the MOU between HL7 and Mohawk.
 +
***Jane: I think this is something Tooling shouldn’t do in isolation without the help of the Education WG. I’d rather pursue this as a co-sponsored project if we pursue this.
 +
***Action: Find out from Lynn to see if she followed up with Education about this. Andy will do this and will reach out to the Education co-chairs.
 +
***Jane: We also need to decide if access to existing Tooling material is a members-only benefit. We don’t want to make assumptions but need a good policy decision from board.
 +
***Andy: Everyone on the call agrees that we need a clearer directive from the board.
 +
***Action: We will talk about this next week and see if Andy heard anything from Education WG.
 +
*Report on [[HL7 Tooling Challenge]] -[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=913 PI# 913]
 +
**Woody: There are 3 entrants, closed last week. We are beginning to review material. Haven’t yet spoken to AMS about how to collaborate on this.
 +
*[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 +
**Lynn asked to update the Tooling spreadsheet. Last meeting we updated a few items. But Lynn is still seeking input. If you haven’t looked at it, please look at it ASAP and help complete the list.
 +
**Andy: “I have been working on updates. I added an ‘audience’ column and put ‘developers (software)’, ‘analysts’, etc. I will send the updates to Lynn for next week’s call.”
 +
*Statement for Sparx Community Site:
 +
**Josh says he doesn’t fully understand what we do with the tool. Andy suggests that we should ask Michael to write the statement for us.
 +
**Action: Andy will ask Michael to write the statement.
 +
*[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=992 PI# 992] Tooling Work Group Education Requirements and Plan
 +
**Lynn is absent and cannot report
 +
**Andy is also talking to Diego about it
 +
*HL7/OHT Health Inginuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
 +
**Jane working with HINGX, they got hung up on some versioning requirements. Also she is waiting on some API details. She and Andy will meet offline sometime in August to talk about the API details.
 +
*EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
 +
**Phase 2 has been approved by Tooling
 +
**Phase 1 is “essentially complete” per Andy. Deliverables approved, paid out.
 +
**Jane: “Just to close the loop, we should communicate (via newsletter, etc) that we succeeded with this. Celebrate our success.”
 +
**Action: Ask Lynn about writing an article when she gets back, also ask EHR co-chairs.
 +
**For Phase 2 they are talking to John Quinn and others about funding.
 +
*Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
 +
**Andy had a brief productive call
 +
**Sent a doodle poll to principally involved people to try to schedule a more detailed call.
 +
**Andy wonders if MAX could be useful for importing business architecture into EA.
 +
**Jane likes the human-readable spreadsheet and it is not suitable for import into EA.
 +
*MIF-based Publishing Phase II
 +
**Woody released new Rosetree and new RMIM Designer, they are NOT needed for current ballot, but can be used for next one. This removes dependency on old browser control no longer present in MS Office software. Won’t solve 64-bit Office issue, but will at least fix problem with unformatted text. This also lays groundwork for new stripped-down Rosetree for just browsing functions.
 +
**Woody had created MIF editor in Eclipse before, but nobody could understand how to use it. UI creation for this is difficult.
  
  
Line 185: Line 229:
  
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
+
*Action: Find out from Lynn to see if she followed up with Education about this. Andy will do this and will reach out to the Education co-chairs.
* .
+
* Andy will ask Michael to write the statement for the  Sparx Community Site.
 +
*Action: Ask Lynn about writing an article on EHR-S FM Profile designer, also ask EHR co-chairs
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!---=======================================================================
 
<!---=======================================================================
Line 199: Line 244:
  
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*[[2013-07-18 Tooling Call]].
 
|}
 
|}
  

Latest revision as of 20:01, 17 July 2013

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-07-11
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Dennis Note taker(s): Josh Carmody
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
regrets Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-06-27 Tooling Call Joshua moves approval, Woody seconds; Abstains: 0, Objections: 0
  • Review action items -.
    • Review of post-graduate certificate
      • Lynn shared SWOT analysis before.
      • We want to review SWOT analysis from 2 weeks ago and see if we want to pursue the university partnership program.
      • It appears that the document has been revised since we last viewed it.
      • Jane: The university would offer the certification, they would expect us to develop material, possibly mentoring. But curriculum development is not a minor undertaking.
      • Jane: If we were to integrate this into a tooling strategy, perhaps it is something we could seek funding for. It would help us move away from only having Toolsmiths who are long-time HL7 members. But it would be difficult to pull off.
      • Jane: And it’s not just a matter of learning tooling, but also learning the methodology. The methodology is harder to learn than the tools themselves.
      • Andy: When we talk to Mohawk, other people, they have a hard time understanding HL7 organization and process.
      • Dennis: I believe the next action is to decide whether or not we as a group want to pursue offering a post-graduate program with universities.
      • Jane: Is this kind of outreach part of our Tooling Strategy?
      • Andy: We are in contact with Justin at Mohawk, we were talking to him about how to pursue this. At times it is hard to get a hold of him.
      • Andy: I think it’s worth talking about things like this, there may be things we can do to work together.
      • Andy: I don’t know the specifics of the MOU between HL7 and Mohawk.
      • Jane: I think this is something Tooling shouldn’t do in isolation without the help of the Education WG. I’d rather pursue this as a co-sponsored project if we pursue this.
      • Action: Find out from Lynn to see if she followed up with Education about this. Andy will do this and will reach out to the Education co-chairs.
      • Jane: We also need to decide if access to existing Tooling material is a members-only benefit. We don’t want to make assumptions but need a good policy decision from board.
      • Andy: Everyone on the call agrees that we need a clearer directive from the board.
      • Action: We will talk about this next week and see if Andy heard anything from Education WG.
  • Report on HL7 Tooling Challenge -PI# 913
    • Woody: There are 3 entrants, closed last week. We are beginning to review material. Haven’t yet spoken to AMS about how to collaborate on this.
  • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • Lynn asked to update the Tooling spreadsheet. Last meeting we updated a few items. But Lynn is still seeking input. If you haven’t looked at it, please look at it ASAP and help complete the list.
    • Andy: “I have been working on updates. I added an ‘audience’ column and put ‘developers (software)’, ‘analysts’, etc. I will send the updates to Lynn for next week’s call.”
  • Statement for Sparx Community Site:
    • Josh says he doesn’t fully understand what we do with the tool. Andy suggests that we should ask Michael to write the statement for us.
    • Action: Andy will ask Michael to write the statement.
  • PI# 992 Tooling Work Group Education Requirements and Plan
    • Lynn is absent and cannot report
    • Andy is also talking to Diego about it
  • HL7/OHT Health Inginuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
    • Jane working with HINGX, they got hung up on some versioning requirements. Also she is waiting on some API details. She and Andy will meet offline sometime in August to talk about the API details.
  • EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
    • Phase 2 has been approved by Tooling
    • Phase 1 is “essentially complete” per Andy. Deliverables approved, paid out.
    • Jane: “Just to close the loop, we should communicate (via newsletter, etc) that we succeeded with this. Celebrate our success.”
    • Action: Ask Lynn about writing an article when she gets back, also ask EHR co-chairs.
    • For Phase 2 they are talking to John Quinn and others about funding.
  • Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
    • Andy had a brief productive call
    • Sent a doodle poll to principally involved people to try to schedule a more detailed call.
    • Andy wonders if MAX could be useful for importing business architecture into EA.
    • Jane likes the human-readable spreadsheet and it is not suitable for import into EA.
  • MIF-based Publishing Phase II
    • Woody released new Rosetree and new RMIM Designer, they are NOT needed for current ballot, but can be used for next one. This removes dependency on old browser control no longer present in MS Office software. Won’t solve 64-bit Office issue, but will at least fix problem with unformatted text. This also lays groundwork for new stripped-down Rosetree for just browsing functions.
    • Woody had created MIF editor in Eclipse before, but nobody could understand how to use it. UI creation for this is difficult.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Action: Find out from Lynn to see if she followed up with Education about this. Andy will do this and will reach out to the Education co-chairs.
  • Andy will ask Michael to write the statement for the Sparx Community Site.
  • Action: Ask Lynn about writing an article on EHR-S FM Profile designer, also ask EHR co-chairs
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.