This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "2013-04-04 Tooling Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(14 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 21: Line 21:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': <Chair of Meeting>
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Andy Stechishin
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Jane Curry
 
|-
 
|-
 
| border="4" cellpadding="1" colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
| border="4" cellpadding="1" colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 41: Line 41:
 
| .|| .
 
| .|| .
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
+
|X ||Austin Kriesler, TSC Chair
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
+
|X ||John Quinn, HL7 CTO
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
+
|X ||Brian Pech
 +
|-|-|-| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
 +
|-
 +
|X ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
 +
|-
 +
|X ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
 
| ||Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
Line 51: Line 56:
 
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
 
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
+
|X ||Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
 
| ||Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
+
| regrets||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
+
|X ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||John Ritter, EHR
 
| ||John Ritter, EHR
Line 67: Line 72:
 
| ||Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
 
| ||Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
+
|X ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
 
| ||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Line 76: Line 81:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes/No)  
+
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes)  
 
|-  
 
|-  
  
Line 90: Line 95:
 
|                                                          |
 
|                                                          |
 
========================================================--->
 
========================================================--->
 +
 
===Agenda===
 
===Agenda===
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2013-03-28 Tooling Call]]
+
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2013-03-21 Tooling Call]]
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
Line 99: Line 105:
 
<!--REPORTS-->
 
<!--REPORTS-->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
<!-- revisit in August: * Update on V3 Generator Status (Woody)-->
+
*[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7286/10325/C-CDA_Implementation_Support_PSS-draft-20130404-v3.doc PSS] For Structured Documents Implementation Support for CCDA
 +
*HSSP Toolkit project update
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
Line 111: Line 118:
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 +
***Need list of tools needed to provide what HL7 needs: what tools currently meet the needs vs what will be developed and how much they will cost.
 +
***Identify existing tools for IP versus licensed at no cost
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II
Line 153: Line 162:
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
  
#''
+
''
#Adjourned <hh:mm am/pm> <timezone>.
+
# Agenda approved as modified - Austin moved/Wilfred seconded
 +
# Minutes approved - Austin moved/Brian seconded
 +
# Austin presented an [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7286/10325/C-CDA_Implementation_Support_PSS-draft-20130404-v3.doc in-progress PSS] to introduce a requirement to support the implementation of CCDA associated with Meaningful Use. Tooling is willing to co-sponsor. [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7236/10155/ToolingStrategyPolicyImplications_20130214.docx policy implications for the Tooling Strategy]
 +
# John Quinn talked about the HL7 Board impression of the Tooling Strategy - the Board approved as written but with further feedback from Don Mon that a higher order strategic vision is also needed.  A benefit of membership may include availability of standards prior to their being made available to non-members. There are also implications of tools being required in the new membership model. Tooling is likely to be available to members only, but what tools to do what is not clear. Firm direction from the Board will be required to go forward. Andy will ask Lynn to set up a meeting with the Don Mon, Bob Dolin, John Quinn, Austin and Andy will be arranged before the Atlanta WG meeting.
  
 +
#Adjourned <3:06 pm> <EDT>.
  
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
Line 172: Line 185:
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
  
* .
+
* Andy to ask Lynn to organize a teleconference to gain clarity on Board expectations for a Tooling Vision.
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!---=======================================================================
 
<!---=======================================================================

Latest revision as of 17:53, 12 April 2013

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-04-04
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Stechishin Note taker(s): Jane Curry
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
X Austin Kriesler, TSC Chair
X John Quinn, HL7 CTO
X Brian Pech
X Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
X Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
X Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
regrets Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
X Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
X Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda approved as modified - Austin moved/Wilfred seconded
  2. Minutes approved - Austin moved/Brian seconded
  3. Austin presented an in-progress PSS to introduce a requirement to support the implementation of CCDA associated with Meaningful Use. Tooling is willing to co-sponsor. policy implications for the Tooling Strategy
  4. John Quinn talked about the HL7 Board impression of the Tooling Strategy - the Board approved as written but with further feedback from Don Mon that a higher order strategic vision is also needed. A benefit of membership may include availability of standards prior to their being made available to non-members. There are also implications of tools being required in the new membership model. Tooling is likely to be available to members only, but what tools to do what is not clear. Firm direction from the Board will be required to go forward. Andy will ask Lynn to set up a meeting with the Don Mon, Bob Dolin, John Quinn, Austin and Andy will be arranged before the Atlanta WG meeting.
  1. Adjourned <3:06 pm> <EDT>.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy to ask Lynn to organize a teleconference to gain clarity on Board expectations for a Tooling Vision.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.