This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-02-21 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 21:14, 21 February 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-02-21
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Becky Angeles
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
regrets Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
x Jane Curry, BOD, Templates, OHT liaison
x William Dyer (ONC)
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Brett Marquard, SDWG
x Brad Monroe
x Lisa Nelson
x Russell Ott
x Brian Pech
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
x John Ritter, EHR
x William Ryan
regrets Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-02-14 Tooling Call
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • AMS - CIC
    • Rik Smithies - CS
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT
    • Diego Kaminker - Education
    • John Ritter - EHR
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing
    • Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
  • Review action items -
    • #2520 Josh to Update the EA license management process document.
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to get feedback from Tooling and the Board on the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy.
    • #2504 Andy needs to create PSS for education effort. Lynn verified that Tooling should be a cosponsor of the WG Facilitator Training PSS #948 which includes modeling, publishing, and vocabulary facilitator training.
    • #2506 Andy will check with Vocab to get them in touch with ES on the UCPRS project, and Woody has volunteered to test -
    • #2510 Andy will draft a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work and express what has to be done and will consult with Rik on its development.
    • #2509 Andy will draft a PSS for extension of MIF- to OWL conversion of artifacts, expected by the next Tooling teleconference in two weeks. - this week?
    • #2508 Tooling needs to address conflict and quorum issues relating to projects for which the cochairs are involved. Defer to 2/21
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 948 HL7 Work Group Facilitator Training (Education sponsor)
    • PI# 947 HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance in the IHTSDO Workbench (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 945 Evaluate NLM Vocabulary Submission Tool (USCRS) at HL7 (Vocab sponsor)
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
    • PI# 885 HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
  • Other/New Business
    • C-CDA task force requirements alignment with available tools, including HINGX, and GForge (Brett Marquard et al).



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - call to order 2:03 PM
    • Move CCDA first on agenda
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-02-14 Tooling Call Jane moves and Josh seconds approval. Unanimously approved
  • C-CDA task force requirements alignment with available tools, including HINGX, and GForge (Brett Marquard et al) - complete by half-past
    • Brett Marquard describes mission of Task Force is to flush out requirements for CCDA. William describes further work to date. Russ Ott who presents Tooling requirements for review
    • ONC to setup MU Support Portal. Use of Knowledge base, forum, and issue tracker described. Jane asks if ONC will be sponsoring the tools for the CDA Task Force Support Infrastructure. Ongoing moderation and administration of the support infrastructure will also need sponsorship. ONC tooling should not build something to duplicate functionality already in HingX. Russ adds that they are here to see what tooling is already using and how it meets their requirements. ONC has vision of centralized clearinghouse with assets from external locations searchable from ONC's portal. Woody asks about transaction volume scalability. Russ thinks hundreds per day but not thousands. Lisa asks if they intend to sift out types of questions that are not related to CCDA with HL7 versus external validators. They want a single place to ask questions even if they don't know who the right person is to ask. Jane asks on graphical user group differentiation if HL7 experts can be identified by membership in certain groups. Russ describes the weighting of messages from thought leaders as compared to questions from users. Jane suggests a trial or pilot within HingX. Comparison or illustration of differences needed of sample code offered as 'official' guidance distinguished from sample code provided to illustrate a problem. Jane would like to see such a trial with cross linking of issues in HingX so that we can provide feedback to the HingX developers on our functional requirements. Customized workflow by Issue Type is not currently available.
    • Brett offers to go through the workflow requirements with Jane using HingX - she suggests to schedule another time as a workshop format. Brett notes DSTU comments page has one way to manage tools, GForge is another. He'll send her the workflow. Andy asks Brett to copy Lynn and the cochairs. Workflow to describe how to properly handle support inquiries has been vetted in Structured Documents.
    • Jane asks if this is associated with a particular project scope statement. They don't have one. Coordination with ES and Mike Kingery will be needed. She recommends they create one. SDWG would be the sponsoring group and Tooling the cosponsor.
    • Woody adds that the Tooling WG does not have the resources to develop or implement something. Mounting a prototype is not something there are resources to do. Tooling WG can facilitate, but cannot necessarily 'do'.
    • Russ to send Lynn the presentation for inclusion in the minutes.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • AMS - CIC - not available
    • Rik Smithies - CS reports: There has been no activity since the WGM, and the only work expected for now is for me to give input to some requirements for a tool to do model to model comparisons - a model derivation checker. It would presumably be based on the RIM OWL work, but I don't think it is part of the current project scope for that. I'm in contact with Andy about this. A next step is for me to get some brief requirements down on the wiki, but I won't have time to do that before I head out today. I'll try to get to it next week.
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT - not available; Rob did not expect to have an update on NIST project with MWB until May, Jane reports. The V2 database update may come forward before then.
    • Diego Kaminker - Education - sends regrets
    • John Ritter - EHR - EHR has the FM Profile Designer project. Questions received from the developer team to clarify structural requirements for the next set of deliverables. Andy reports that the team has been working through the questions. End of March is target for next deliverable. Jane comments that the EHR was first WG to trial new process for project approval and requirements, as well as concrete methodology and thinks they would agree that the process is working.
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services - is not available
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing - is not available
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael is on vacation
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing
      • SDWG: Templates exchange project will be reported by Jane. Main focus of late is quality subgroup.
      • Vocab: Andy to join their call after this and does not have an update.
      • Publishing - Andy asks Woody to update the Migration of CA Generator to UV Requirements status. Woody notes it's been painful but making slow and steady progress. Goal is to have it running by May WGM for evaluation of changes before final adoption.
    • Jane Curry - Templates, Open Health Tools - no longer Board liaison
      • Templates exchange progress using DÉCOR mechanism as proposed format. It works well with Trifolia-style templates but still unable to get MDHT style templates extracted for exchange testing. Andy hopes they'll be able to work with Sean Muir on that. Jane notes this is an issue needing address. Will the SMD MIF exports allow MDHT style DÉCOR to MIF. Andy feels that they won't work in MIF for current CDA templates. There are syntactical boundaries. End date is not known. Kai would like to demonstrate 360 degree exchange from DÉCOR repository.
      • OHT - main thing is HingX, in pilot mode and Kai will trial API with DÉCOR tooling and its external repository. Woody will attempt to use the API with publishing artifacts after the CA Generator stuff done. She owes a 'best practices' document for the use of HingX, and could use that as a basis for workshop with SDWG. HingX is being trialed by SOA and HSSP for CTS2 and DSS.
  • Andy notes that we won't tackle action items with 4 remaining minutes. MIF to OWL PSS should be available next week, and PSS for Education effort can go out today and be discussed next week. Woody asks to send the PSS to FTSD.
  • Tooling challenge webinar held this week with four presenters and one attendee without voice capability.
  • Next week's agenda - action items, policy implications feedback (Lynn follow up with John).

Adjourned 3:02 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.