This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-02-14 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:43, 14 February 2013 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-02-14
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-02-07 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to complete the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy and get feedback from the Board.
    • #2504 Andy needs to create PSS for education effort. Lynn verified that Tooling should be a cosponsor of the WG Facilitator Training PSS #948 which includes modeling, publishing, and vocabulary facilitator training.
    • #2505 Josh to follow up with J.D. Baker on list of persons who obtain EA licenses.
    • #2506 Andy will check with Vocab to get them in touch with ES on the UCPRS project, and Woody has volunteered to test -
    • #2510 Andy will draft a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work and express what has to be done and will consult with Rik on its development.
    • #2509 Andy will draft a PSS for extension of MIF- to OWL conversion of artifacts, expected by the next Tooling teleconference in two weeks. - this week?
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - LL asks is this extension of phase 1 or extension to phase 2?
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
  • Project status updates:
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Call to order 2:05 PM Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-02-07 Tooling Call Dennis moves and Josh seconds; unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to complete the implications for the Tooling Strategy and get feedback from the Board.
      • Document for review by Tooling - post to list and invite comments for discussion at next Tooling call. (also the liaisons meeting). Tooling should endorse, John must approve, then go to broader group - BOD as well as GOC. Can't advance tooling strategy without recognizance of these policy implications. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will send Tooling Strategy Policy Implications to Tooling list as well as to John directly.
    • #2504 Andy needs to create PSS for education effort. Lynn verified that Tooling should be a cosponsor of the WG Facilitator Training PSS #948 which includes modeling, publishing, and vocabulary facilitator training.
      • The scope of the tooling education effort should be broader than the scope constrained by #948; will work on for next week.
    • #2505 Josh to follow up with J.D. Baker on list of persons who obtain EA licenses. Sparx sent him a list of people with licenses at HL7 but it's only email addresses. We may need to update EA license management process for what to do for renewals. We thought we might need to verify those that had licenses were still valid facilitators or actively participating on a project. Active monitoring has not been requested by Sparx but renewal should be described on the license management process. ACTION ITEM: Josh to draft an update to the license management process document.
    • #2506 Andy will check with Vocab to get them in touch with ES on the UCPRS project, and Woody has volunteered to test - Andy has not checked with Vocab yet
    • #2510 Andy will draft a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work and express what has to be done and will consult with Rik on its development. Will draft for next week
    • #2509 Andy will draft a PSS for extension of MIF- to OWL conversion of artifacts, expected by the next Tooling teleconference in two weeks. - Drafted PSS and sent to Lloyd for review prior to Tooling review; put on next week's agenda. Came up on MnM yesterday to take the MIF to OWL conversion to informative ballot. That will likely be a second PSS.
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy. Michael is not on the call.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - Extension of phase 1 needs John's approval to amend the contract; she may speak with him on Friday.
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
  • Project status updates:
    • Generator Migration CA to UV (added by Woody) Wiki page reviewed. Woody estimates the remaining modifications will be a couple of weeks' effort. Andy asks if we would be able to do a parallel run for the September ballot. He thinks we might be able to do one for May. He is checking notes into SVN and markup on the documents. Andy asks how much of Lloyd's help was needed. Woody has worked with him minimally.
      • He will also be working with Josh and Don to familiarize them with his other projects on RIM, harmonization, vocabulary, or perhaps RoseTree. Including Generator would be a good idea.
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge -second webinar scheduled for next week. Panelists are enrolled and one of 12 participants already signed up.
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool - invoice received and processed for third deliverable
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
      • draft Gantt Chart for tasks related to new Tooling Strategy - familiarize and review in two weeks. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will send Tooling Strategy Gantt link as separate email to request review from whole tooling list.
      • Josh to draft design of wireframe for new Tooling Web page; Josh notes that most of our visitors are looking for implementation tools on the Tools and Resources page. Generally agreed to be a good start.


Adjourned 3:05 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Lynn will send Tooling Strategy Policy Implications to Tooling list as well as to John directly.
  • Josh to draft an update to the license management process document.
  • Lynn will send Tooling Strategy Gantt link as separate email to request review from whole tooling list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.