This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20121102 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 19:09, 2 November 2012 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#

Date: 2012-11-02
Time: 2:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = TBD yes/no
ex-officio Members Members
x Lloyd McKenzie x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke
x John Quinn x Jean Duteau x Brian Pech
x Ron Parker x Hugh Glover
x Austin Kreisler David Hay
observers/guests x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Identify process for electing FMG Chair
  • Approve draft DMP
  • Establish call schedule going forward
  • Review FMG logistics (list server, wiki, document repository, etc.)


Minutes

Call to order by Austin 2:07 PM EDT

  • Agenda review by Austin
  • Introduction from Ron - Governance June 2012 presentation reviewed
    • Challenges in bootstrapping process and shifting methodology noted by Lloyd.
    • Management is to marshal the resources needed from the organization to ensure work gets done, escalating on behalf of those doing the work. Austin recommends viewing it as different hat-wearing.
    • Key task of this group is risk identification. External input also needs to come through management group.
    • Hugh asks to what extent are representatives of a constituency responsible for reporting to them. Austin notes the nominees represent viewpoints but are appointed by the TSC/Governance Board. Communications channels need to be identified within the group.
  • Identify process for electing FMG Chair
    • FGB noted need for option of alternate/interim chairs to conduct business when chair is not available. Hugh and Lloyd are willing. Austin and Ron will accept nominations until Tuesday and then conduct an e-vote, with the intention of meeting next week. Person with the most votes is co-chair with two-year term, second most votes is co-chair with one year term.
  • Approve draft DMP
    • modifications needed for chair and vice-chair. FMG Chair is meeting chair or vice -chair if chair is not available. Quorum set for chair plus 5 including SD representation, which probably needs to be struck. LLoyd suggests reply all with suggested changes and review next week.
  • Establish call schedule going forward
    • Hugh is ok with next week but would not prefer that as a regular schedule (UK Friday night)
    • Keep this schedule for next week and Lynn will send a Doodle poll for a different day
  • Review FMG logistics (list server, wiki, document repository, etc.)
    • FHIR list is too active. Open list allows others to send questions, but closed list allows sensitive discussion. Ron notes that those discussions can be by email distribution. FMG list will be open, pre-populated with the members.
    • Lloyd would like a Skype chat thread.
    • Page will be set up on HL7 wiki (not TSC wiki) by the chairs, once identified.
    • There is existing space for FHIR on gforge.
    • Currently using TSC conference call passcode. Probably need one for FHIR to be used by FGB and FMG.
  • LLoyd would like to know near-term priorities for upcoming months.
  • Three groups: FGB, FMG, MnM as methodology, what charge has MnM accepted for FHIR Methodology? MnM defines how one does the work, and are involved in 'doing' the work but not solely responsible. Lloyd is better versed in what they will be doing than definition of how it must be done. Should another group besides MnM be tasked with methodology on an iterative process? Not to be determined today.

Adjourned 2:59 PM EDT