This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120912 HL7 AP Meeting

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 19:59, 17 September 2012 by Dhamill (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

HL7 Architecture Program – 2012-09-12 Meeting at the 2012 Sep WGM Weds Q4 (3:30-5:00) in Baltimore

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas


Agenda

SAIF AP

  1. Brief (1-2 minutes) SAIF AP Project Status Updates (progress made and next steps)
    1. Pjt 807 - Preparation of SAIF Book for Informative Ballot (ArB)
    2. Pjt 763 - SAIF Implementation Guide and SAIF Artifact Definition (MnM)
    3. Pjt 764 - SAIF Pilot Coordination Project (Pjt Services)
    4. Pjt 226 - Risk Assessment Framework Cookbook (Security)
    5. Pjt 477 - CDA R3 (Struc Docs)
    6. Pjt 38 - Composite Order (OO)
    7. Pjt 587 - Lab Order Template (OO)
    8. Pjt 772 - Wrappers requirements determination (InM)
    9. Pjt 619 - HL7 Transmission Wrappers R1.1 Batch Messaging (InM)
    10. Pjt 688 - EHR System Function and Information Model (EHR-S FIM) (EHR)
    11. Pjt 551 - EHR System Functional Model Release 2.0 (ISO Project) (EHR)
    12. Pjt 863 - Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations project (“X Paradigm”) (SOA)
  2. What can be done to accelerate the completion of the SAIF IG in support of the Lab Order and Order Template work?
  3. Distinction between the broader HL7 architecture program and the SAIF AP (and its pilot projects)

HL7 AP

  1. Updates on the three Business Model Architecture Projects
    1. Pjt 915 - ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM)
    2. Pjt 890 - TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture
    3. Pjt 916 - HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP)
      1. See also Pjt 901 - Risk Assessment and Governance for HL7 Architecture Program
  2. High level review of the BAM and what the artifacts will look like.
  3. Discuss the educational needs around the BAM and it's artifacts
  4. Housekeeping - Call schedule
    1. Increase calls to weekly? (alternating topics of HL7 AP one week and SAIF AP the other week)
    2. Continue calls on Tuesdays at 12pm or change?
    3. Next call would normally be Sept 18; should we move the call schedule to have the next call on Sept 25?
    4. What will the first call focus on HL7 AP or SAIF AP?
    5. Next WGM Needs

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
X Jane Curry Tooling
X Peter Gilbert Covisint
X John Quinn HL7 CTO
X Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt / OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
X Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
X Freida Hall Project Services WG
X Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
X Ron Parker Project Services WG
X Stefano Lotti HL7 Italy
X Ann Wrightson HL7 UK
X Leslie Sistla Microsoft
X Andy Bond NEHTA
X Woody Beeler MnM
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

Pjt 807 - Preparation of SAIF Book for Informative Ballot (ArB)

  • SAIF CD Book is out as a DSTU today.
  • Glossary is not complete yet. Ron Parker will work on that over the next month or so.

763 - SAIF Implementation Guide and SAIF Artifact Definition (MnM)

  • There is an Existing Artifact Definitions Page on the HL7 Wiki
  • Development status figures have been updated
  • An RMIM template of the SAIF Artifact Definition has been created
  • Next steps: define a meta-model, an artifact definition development process, identify who the consumers and where they are used, and prioritize the artifacts.
  • A Wiki page has been created to list the artifiacts
  • They will begin with artifacts that are in use today or would be in use today.
  • Lloyd will work on FHIR artifact definitions

SAIF Pilot Coordination Project (Project Services)

  • The project will continue. A separate coordination project will be created to support BAM/Product Line work

Pjt 477 - CDA R3 (Struc Docs)

  • Completed a Draft for Comment ballot, and it was reviewed by 43 people

Pjt 38 - Composite Order (OO)

  • Not much progress; Lab Order was the focus

Pjt 587 - Lab Order Template (OO)

  • Conducted a face to face session and made some progress. Probably needs a couple more to get it ready for balloting Informative.

Pjt 772 - Wrappers requirements determination (InM)

  • Project Suspended

Pjt 619 - HL7 Transmission Wrappers R1.1 Batch Messaging (InM)

Pjt 688 - EHR System Function and Information Model (EHR-S FIM) (EHR)

  • Steve Hufnagel continues to model the EHRS-FM R2 and is making recommendations on re-organization, clarification and consistency.

Pjt 551 - EHR System Functional Model Release 2.0 (ISO Project) (EHR)

  • Was balloted as normative in May 2012 and we are in HL7 ballot reconciliation now.
  • This ballot was also a 5 way ballot: CEN, CDISC, ISO, HL7 and IHTSDO. Comments from those other 4 SDOs are not expected back until 9/26. It appears that CDISC has not had time to review this during this cycle.

Pjt 863 - Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations project (“X Paradigm”) (SOA)

  • Have collected open issues such as lack of V2 specifications for decision support
  • Analyzing which common info model to use. May determine MDMI is the best fit.
  • Q: Why hasn’t the project used the Reference Information Model as the Common Information Model?
  • A: They needed to take a pragmatic approach to the mapping.
  • Q: Was any attempt made to capture the relationship of the tag that was chosen and the RIM structure that it may have came from?
  • A: The project team is doing that work right now.

What can be done to accelerate the completion of the SAIF IG in support of the Lab Order and Order Template work?

  • Perhaps the approach should be to prioritize the work and request funding for just the highest priority items.

Distinction between the broader HL7 architecture program and the SAIF AP (and its pilot projects)

  • In Vancouver, we tried to morph one into the other. Over the following weeks, it was determined that they are indeed two different projects. The SAIF AP will continue. And moving forward, we may want to identify two separate calls.

A suggestion is to retain the one combined meeting at the WGM…so keep the WGM meeting as-is, and it will focus on both SAIFAP and HL7 AP.

HL7 AP

Pjt 916 - HL7 Architecture Program (HL7 AP)

  • The output of the BAM are inputs to the Architecture program.
  • The results will be <ultimately> an implementation guide.
  • There have been several meetings by ArB on the BAM side.

Pjt 890 - TSC Governance System for HL7 Business Architecture

  • The TSC created a Tiger Team on governance, and is looking at Risk Assessment.
  • They are looking at the risks for outstanding product lines
  • They got some agreements on the methodology. 4 types of risks and 4 levels of risk. Charlie Mead will write spectics of these
  • Sources of existing risks: The GOM, Strategic Initiatives, SWOTs, Existing Controls, (TSC docs and procedures), ANSI audit
  • Risk assessment will occur both at the organization level and the Product Line level.

Pjt 915 - ArB HL7 Business Architecture Model (HL7 BAM)

  • Began creating a framework which they presented this to the TSC this past weekend
  • This work included a first cut of a Product Line Life cycle; a Product Life cycle and a Balloted Specification Life Cycle
  • Next Steps: Exporting their work into Enterprise Artifact.

Housekeeping - Call schedule

  • The next Architecture Pgm call will be on Tuesday, Sept. 25
  • The plan will be to have a monthly touchpoint with the ArB’s BAM work. This can take place on an off week of the regularly scheduled HL7 AP calls that occur every other Tuesday at noon ET.


Adjourned 17:00 PM Eastern Time


New Action Items

Anne Wrightson - send Jane Curry and Ron Parker some governance and business architecture framework sites.