This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20120516 SAIF AP Meeting

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SAIF Architecture Program – 2012-05-16 Meeting at the 2012 May WGM Weds Q4 (3:30-5:00) in Vancouver

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas


Agenda

  1. Brief (1-2 minutes) SAIF AP Project Status Updates (progress made and next steps)
    1. Pjt 807 - Preparation of SAIF Book for Informative Ballot (ArB)
    2. Pjt 763 - SAIF Implementation Guide and SAIF Artifact Definition (MnM)
    3. Pjt 647 - HL7 Product Quality Plan (Quality Dashboard) (TSC/Publishing)
    4. Pjt 764 - SAIF Pilot Coordination Project (Pjt Services)
    5. Pjt 226 - Risk Assessment Framework Cookbook (Security)
    6. Pjt 477 - CDA R3 (Struc Docs)
    7. Pjt 38 - Composite Order (OO)
    8. Pjt 587 - Lab Order Template (OO)
    9. Pjt 797 - Behavioral Framework (OO)
    10. Pjt 772 - Wrappers requirements determination (InM)
    11. Pjt 619 - HL7 Transmission Wrappers R1.1 Batch Messaging (InM)
    12. Pjt 828 - Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF Architecture Program (TSC/Jane Curry)
    13. Pjt 688 - EHR System Function and Information Model (EHR-S FIM) (EHR)
    14. Pjt 551 - EHR System Functional Model Release 2.0 (ISO Project) (EHR)
    15. Pjt 863 - Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations project (“X Paradigm”) (SOA)
  2. SAIF IG Acceleration
    1. SAIF AP Resource needs for MnM work
    2. Coordinatation an Out of Cycle Meeting to work on the SAIF IG
  3. FHIR and SAIF AP (Pjt 809 - FHIR (via the RFH project) (ITS/Grahame Grieve))
  4. Housekeeping
    1. May 29 call -- keep or cancel?
    2. Continue calls every other Tuesday at 12pm or change?
    3. Next WGM Needs (may need 2 Quarters)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
X Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
X Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
X AbdulMalik Shakir MnM
X Woody Beeler MnM
X Bo Dagnall ArB
X Andy Bond ArB
X Sarah Gaunt Observing
X Lauren Wood Observing
X Tony Julian ArB
X Ron Parker ArB
X Dale Nelson ITS
X Alean Kirnak Immunization IG Project
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

Pjt 863 - Cross-Paradigm Interoperability Implementation Guide for Immunizations project (“X Paradigm”) (SOA-Aileen Kirnak)

  • They have created an outline of the planned work.
  • They will create use cases, document case studies (US and non-US), develop *platform independent, etc. All to provide a deliverable of how they relate to SAIF.
  • They have identified which artifacts relate to which of the planned work.

Pjt 772 - Wrappers requirements determination – Tony Julian

  • No progress. Still wantiing to create requirements but do not have resources to continue this work.
  • If no further progress is made by Balitmore, the project will be cancelled
  • Wrappers may be dependant upon the SAIF IG.


OO projects – Patrick Loyd

  • Have made some progress towards getting “DAMs” ready for ballot
  • Comparing they’re work to the SAIF CD. They currently are writing business process models based on the SAIF methodology. They are struggling with the absence of the SAIF IG. Although the IG may be waiting on some of these pilot projects to progress. So it’s kind of a ‘chicken and egg problem’


Pjt 828 - Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF Architecture Program (TSC/Jane Curry)

  • Conducted a workshop of SOA behaviors, resource definition, mapped what risks need to be addressed with SOA processes.
  • Created a work product that summarizes the efforts of the workshop.

Pjt 763 - SAIF Implementation Guide and SAIF Artifact Definition – Lloyd McKenzie

  • Went through all of the artifacts and categorized them.
    • Category 1 - Artifacts used by V3
    • Category 2 - Artifacts not directly used by FHIR
    • Category 3 – Net new artifacts that FHIR will introduce
    • Category 4 – Dynamic model of related items which will require documentation
    • Category 5 – Those artifacts that FHIR supplants as we move from V2 methodology to FHIR
  • AbdulMalik Shakir (AMS) has assumed the role of Project Lead
  • AMS needs to get up to speed on what has occurred so far. He’ll review the Artifact Template, review the list of artifacts to insure it’s complete and not redundant.
  • Plan to attack the work based on the above categories.
  • Insure each artifact has an assigned author
  • Implement a periodic review process
  • Assemble and store source material in a single location
  • For each artifact, have a representative sample/example AMS will issue a Doodle Poll sent to the authors/owners to find out if they are still able to claim ownership.

Pjt 477 - CDA R3 (Struc Docs) – Austin Kreisler

  • On schedule to conduct a draft for comment ballot this summer
  • Ron Parker: ArB does have an interest in this project

SAIF IG Acceleration – Patrick Loyd

  • SAIF AP Resource needs for MnM work
  • Coordination an Out of Cycle Meeting to work on the SAIF IG
  • Has not changed much since the last iteration. Patrick presented the work he did on SAIF AP resource estimates from a few weeks ago, which is for budget purposes. The next step would be to gather bids on thiis work.
  • How does this work impact the artifact definition? Patrick’s estimate does NOT include work for artifact definition.
  • Patrick’s estimated work cannot begin until the artifact definition is well under way (say 6 months of work)
  • Jane plans on kicking off Project 868 - Re-Affirmation V3 Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Summary, Release 1 (ANSI/HL7 V3 IDC, R1-2006)
  • SAIF considers FHIR still out of scope for being under the SAIF umbrella
  • Next steps would be to submit this proposal to the CTO to gather bids, etc.
  • Motion: Forward the proposal to the CTO for his evaluation and discussion?
    • Unamimously approved.

FHIR and SAIF AP (Pjt 809 - FHIR (via the RFH project) (ITS/Grahame Grieve))

  • Put on agenda to determine if FHIR should be placed under the SAIF AP umbrella.
  • Pros: FHIR would benefit from the coordination activities that SAIF AP has already begun.
  • Motion (from Lloyd): Place FHIR under the SAIF AP umbrella?
    • Lloyd decided to table the motion as he would like to check with Grahame first.


  • SAIF applies to FHIR just as SAIF applies to everything else.
  • SAIF AP my be moving from rollout of SAIF and focus on SAIF to HL7’sArchitecture Program, so that it is able to focus on HL7 architecture work.
  • Motion: Change the name of SAIF AP to HL7’s Architecture Program
    • Unanimously approved. 1 abstention.

Housekeeping

    • May 29 call -- keep or cancel?
  • Keep.
  • Continue calls every other Tuesday at 12pm or change?
    • Continue
  • Next WGM Needs: Wed Q3, Q4


  • Adjourned 5:00 PM Central Time