This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20120115 arb WGM SanAntonio minutes

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:22, 26 January 2012 by Ajulian (talk | contribs) (→‎Meeting Information)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ArB Minutes

Detailed Agenda

Click here for meeting-at-a-glance

  1. Sunday Q1
    1. Call to order
    2. Agenda and Minute approval
    3. Saif Canonical Ballot Reconcillation
      1. 19 comments
      2. 2 persuasive with mod
      3. 1 Persuasive
      4. 1 Considered- No action required
      5. 14 not related - an incorrect spreadsheet was uploaded by an affirmative balloter.
    4. Membership changes
    5. Glossary
    6. Next Steps
    7. Revisit Role
    8. Architecture Project
      1. FIM co-sponsorship
    9. OO project and Implications
      1. SOA representation
      2. Message representation
  2. Sunday Q2
    1. Call to order
    2. Substantivity:
      1. This comes up because there is no substantive(ity) definition for non-wire format documents
      2. A substantive change is one that changes the semantics of a given specification, i.e. representational changes should <<not>> be considered substantive in the context of the source specification itself <<unless>> such representational changes could substantively change down-stream derivative products of the specification, including either/both derivative semantics and/or derivative serializations or other wire-format-sensitive constructs.
  3. Sunday Q3
    1. Call to order
    2. V3 Substantive changes
    3. TBD
  4. Tuesday Q4
    1. Call to order
    2. TBD
  5. Wednesday Q1
    1. - Joint with SOA at SOA
  6. Thursday Q3
    1. Call to order
    2. ArB Planning
    3. TBD
  7. Thursday Q4
    1. Call to order
    2. Wrap up
    3. Agenda for future Telcons, etc.

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA

Date: 20120115
Time: 9:00Am U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Ron Parker Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
. Koisch, John Guidewire Architecture
. Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
. Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Dagnall, Bo HP
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Minutes

  1. Sunday Q1
    1. Call to order
    2. Agenda approval
      1. Motion Approve the agenda(Patrick/Jane)
      2. Vote (7-0-0)
    3. Saif Canonical Ballot Reconcillation
      1. 19 comments
      2. 2 persuasive with mod
      3. 1 Persuasive
      4. 1 Considered- No action required
      5. 14 not related - an incorrect spreadsheet was uploaded by an affirmative balloter.
      6. Motion to accept (Patrick/Jane)
      7. Vote 7-0-0
    4. Membership changes
      1. Patrick: Suggest addition of Lorraine Constable as she is involved in the OO project.
      2. Motion To add Lorraine (Patrick/Jane) (subject to approval by TSC).
      3. Vote (7-0-0)
      4. Patrick: Wish to remain on the ArB. Participation has been better.
      5. Grahame and John are not participating, and will step down.
      6. Current Membership: Patrick, Tony , Ron, Charlie, Andy, Zoran, Cecil, Jane, Steve, Lorraine, Bo Dagnal, Wendell
      7. Wiki profile page updates
        1. Logon to wiki
        2. Go to Special:ActiveUsers
        3. Find your name, and edit your user page
        4. Save!
    5. OO project and Implications
      1. SOA representation
      2. Message representation
      3. Add SAIF-AP update to weekly agenda.
    6. Glossary
      1. Glossary is incomplete.
      2. Cecil: Owl would provide representation for terminologies and glossaries.
      3. Tony: Definitions should be co-ordinated between WG's.
      4. Ron: ISO terms are well defined. HL7 needs tooling to provide a way to manage this. To architect a solution, all ballot content would spit out a list that would map against a glossary - managed in a semantic, such as OWL.
      5. Jane: Sounds like harmonization stuff, which has gone from Vocab to Rim to Patterns.
      6. Ron: Not on the publishing facilitators. TSC has reported that virtual harmonization has not worked well. This is an item for dedicated tooling.
      7. Patrick: The organization has not made the value proposition for virtual harmonization.
      8. Ron: Propose that we build a PSS around creating an HL7 Glossary.
      9. Motion To create a PSS for establishment of business and technical architecture to support active Glossary management. (Patrick/Jane)
      10. Volunteers - Ron, Jane, Cecil will take first class.
      11. Use SAIF to frame it -
        1. Business architecture
        2. Use Cases
        3. Processes affected
        4. Tooling required and intersection with current tooling
        5. Inputs
          1. Ballots
          2. Implementation Guides
          3. GOM
        6. Governance Implications
        7. Timeliness
      12. Vote(7-0-0)
  2. Sunday Q2
    1. Call to order
    2. Architecture Project
      1. FIM co-sponsorship
      2. Steve Hufnafel: EHR workgroup has been working on EHR-S FM since 2006. The Project scope statement is for release 2.1 to add core information models for each of the system functions. It is straight-forward to build Information Model.
        1. Make EHR-S FM easier to user for analysts and engineers
        2. Verify and validate EHR-S FM Release 2.0
      3. Motion To approve ArB as co-sponsor as the PSS.(Steve/Patrick)
        1. ARB role - to review and clarify definitional items
        2. Help with alignment and mapping
        3. Test and potentially edit SAIF-CD
        4. Make Recommendations to TSC where conflict arises between content and other work groups.
      4. Vote (7-0-0)
  3. Sunday Q3
    1. Call to order
    2. Substantivity:
      1. This comes up because there is no substantive(ity) definition for non-wire format documents: Possibilities:
      2. 'A substantive change is one that changes the semantics of a given specification, i.e. representational changes should <<not>> be considered substantive in the context of the source specification itself <<unless>> such representational changes could semantically change down-stream derivative products of the specification, including either/both derivative semantics and/or derivative serializations or other wire-format-sensitive constructs.'
      3. Motion To accept the definition of substantive change to be presented to the TSC. (Cecil/Steven)
        1. A substantive change is one that changes the semantics of a given artifact; this applies to both normative and non-normative artifacts.
        2. For artifacts that are normative, or are intended to be normative (ie: specifications) any change that affects conformity is substantive. By definition, normative means the artifact has conformity statement(s). If there is an extension to a normative artifact, it is substantive only if it adds or changes existing conformance statements.
        3. For non-normative artifacts, any change that adds new content, or affects a derivative work is substantive. Editorial change or clarification of original content or semantics is not substantive.
      4. Vote(7-0-0)
      5. We speculate HL7 has never before balloted an item with only 4 paragraphs.
    3. Next Steps
    4. Revisit Role
    5. V3 Substantive changes
      1. Tony will pick up the thread of resolving our negatives from that ballot and re-balloting this.
  4. Tuesday Q4
    1. Call to order
    2. TBD
  5. Wednesday Q1
    1. Joint with SOA at SOA

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA

Date: 20120119
Time: 1:45pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Parker, Ron Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
. Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
X Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
. Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X Sekar, Vin NEHTA
X Gaunt, Sarah NEHTA
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes
  1. Thursday Q3
    1. Domain Analysis Model(s)
      1. Definition - ARB
      2. Form - Joint with MnM
    2. ArB Priorities
      1. Look at strategic initiatives
        1. Internal coherent architecture??
      2. What are our obligations?
        1. Where are we with PSS? - Sponsor/Co-Sponsor
        2. SOA/ARB Facilitators
          1. How do we train
          2. How do we monitor/measure
        3. Co-chair training
      3. SOA/ARB Language Harmonization
      4. PS-ARB Project alignment(SOA Handbook)
      5. Arbitration of Architectural Disputes
        1. Declaration
        2. Formalize
        3. Responsiveness
        4. Conformance/Compliance
        5. Substantivity
          1. Ballot Reconcillation
          2. Definition
          3. Quality Characteristics
            1. Allow groups to self-adjucate?
            2. Application needs to be uniform
            3. Consistently applicable regards of paradigm
            4. Non-normative may have substantive change
            5. ArB needs to post times in advance so TSC/Co-chairs may join
        6. Coherence
        7. Glossary
      6. Membership:
        1. Ron Parker - Vice-Chair
        2. Charlie Mead - Chair
        3. Andy Bond
        4. Lorraine Constable
        5. Jane Curry
        6. Bo Dagnall
        7. Grahame Grieve
        8. Stephen Hufnagel
        9. Tony Julian
        10. John Koisch - removed
        11. Patrick Loyd
        12. Cecil Lynch
        13. Zoran Milosevic
        14. Tony Julian
    3. SAIF-CD
      1. info in Project Scope Statement
      2. Verify and Validate
      3. Risk Assessment
    4. Agenda for future Telcons, etc.
      1. Soa Joint Call 1 in 4
    5. WG Coverage at WGM's


    1. TBD
  1. Thursday Q4

Meeting Information

HL7 ArB Work Group Meeting Minutes

Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA

Date: 20120119
Time: 3:00pm U.S. Eastern
Facilitator Ron Parker Note taker(s) Julian, Tony
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Bond,Andy NEHTA
X Constable, Lorraine Constable Consulting Inc.
X Curry, Jane Health Information Strategies
X Dagnall, Bo HP Enterprise Services
. Grieve, Grahame Health Intersections Pty Ltd
X Hufnagel, Steve U.S. Department of Defense, Military Health System
X Julian, Tony Mayo Clinic
X Loyd, Patrick ICode Solutions
X Lynch, Cecil Accenture
. Mead, Charlie National Cancer Institute
X Milosevic, Zoran NEHTA
. Ocasio, Wendell Agilex Technologies
X Parker, Ron CA Infoway
. Quinn, John Health Level Seven, Inc.
. Guests
X McKenzie, LLoyd HL7 Canada
. Legend
X Present
. Absent
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes
    1. Call to order
    2. Priorities

1 DSTU edits & Glossary 1.1 Cecil will deliver list of those missing 1.2 Bo' Comment integration 1.3 Non-substantive edits 2 Domain Analysis/Information Model 2.1:N 3 Coherence 4 - Conformance/Compliance 4.1 Multiple Trigger/Gov Points 4.2 Internal Architecture/Strategic Initiatives 5 Substantivity

    1. WG Coverage at MAY WGM
    2. May WGM
      1. Sunday
        1. Q1 - Assignments to other WGM's
        2. Q2
      2. Thursday Q3 - Followup on Coverage
      3. Thursday Q4
    3. To-do: Terms of Reference
      1. Do we need representative to TC1, CIMI,JIT etc.
      2. This is important.
    4. Wrap up
    5. Agenda for future Telcons, etc.
      1. January 26, 2012

NOTE: When determining priorities we need to determine SAIF-AP needs. Adjourned at Tony Julian 22:49, 19 January 2012 (UTC)