This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "2012-11-15 Tooling Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "{{subst::Tooling Meeting template}}")
 
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Tooling Meeting Template==
 
==Tooling Meeting Template==
 
===Meeting Information===
 
===Meeting Information===
{{:Tooling Meeting Information}}
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 18: Line 17:
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: <CCYY-MM-DD>'''<br/> '''Time: 10:00 am EDT'''
+
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2012-11-15'''<br/> '''Time: 2:00 pm ET'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
Line 38: Line 37:
 
===============================================================================--->
 
===============================================================================--->
 
|-
 
|-
<!-- ********add attendee information here *********-->
+
| x||Austin Kreisler
| .|| .
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
 
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
+
|x ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
+
|regrets ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
 
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
+
|x ||Walter Grant
 +
|-
 +
|x ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Tim Ireland, NHS
 
| ||Tim Ireland, NHS
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
+
|x ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
Line 59: Line 59:
 
| ||Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
 
| ||Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
 
|-
 
|-
| ||John Ritter, EHR
+
|x||Brian Pech
 +
|-
 +
|x ||John Ritter, EHR
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
+
|x ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
+
| x||Michael van der Zel, co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||
 
| ||
Line 70: Line 72:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes/No)  
+
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes)  
 
|-  
 
|-  
  
Line 87: Line 89:
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-10-04 Tooling Call]]
+
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-11-08 Tooling Call]]
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -  
 
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -  
<!--Tooling Liaison Reports - Third Thursdays-->
 
<!--
 
 
*Update from Tooling Liaisons:
 
*Update from Tooling Liaisons:
 
** AMS - CIC  
 
** AMS - CIC  
Line 98: Line 98:
 
**Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
 
**Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
 
** Rob Snelick -  CGIT  
 
** Rob Snelick -  CGIT  
** John Ritter - EHR
+
** John Ritter - EHR - reports there is no update to offer regarding the EHR Work Group’s “EHR Profile Designer Tooling Project”.
 
** Rene Spronk  -Marketing  
 
** Rene Spronk  -Marketing  
 
** Andy Stechishin  - Structured Documents,  Vocabulary, Publishing
 
** Andy Stechishin  - Structured Documents,  Vocabulary, Publishing
 +
***Two new projects from Vocabulary
 +
****[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7071/9861/HL7VocabSubmissionPSS-v0.6.doc Vocab Submission PSS] for the evaluation of the UCPRS tool for use by HL7 for triaging Vocabulary change requests. The current revision contains updated project dates <!--does this eliminate project 634?-->
 +
****[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7072/9862/IHTSDOWorkbenchProjectscopestatement-rev3.doc IHTSDO Workbench tooling project] updated the project dates to reflect our schedule as it appears right now <!--is this related to PI#644-->
 
** Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA
 
** Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA
-->
 
<!--REPORTS-->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!-- revisit in August: * Update on V3 Generator Status (Woody)-->
 
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
 
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=913 PI# 913] [[HL7 Tooling Challenge]]  
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=913 PI# 913] [[HL7 Tooling Challenge]] - no updates since last webinar
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] [[HL7/OHT_Collaboration_on_HingX|HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] [[HL7/OHT_Collaboration_on_HingX|HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation]]  
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] [[EHRs_FM_Profiling_Tool|EHR-S FM Profiling Tool]]
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] [[EHRs_FM_Profiling_Tool|EHR-S FM Profiling Tool]]  
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] [[Tooling_Dashboard]]
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] [[Tooling_Dashboard]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 +
***Updated draft [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7074/9864/ToolingStrategyDraft20121115.docx Tooling Strategy]
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]  
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II
<!--
 
 
*:Tooling co-sponsored projects   
 
*:Tooling co-sponsored projects   
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 PI# 905] V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 PI# 905] V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
<!-- Andy will update on Templates ITS Pilot at Liaison meetings -->
 
<!--
 
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 885] HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 885] HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=829 PI# 829] HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=829 PI# 829] HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=806 PI# 806] Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=806 PI# 806] Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
<!-- do not review again until vocab resurrects
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Structured Docs sponsor)
 
-->
 
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
Line 137: Line 131:
  
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
<!-- *****  Delete instructions and add document names/links ON NEXT LINES *****-->
+
 
#''
 
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
Line 153: Line 146:
  
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
+
Call to order 2:05 PM
#''
+
* Roll Call & Agenda Review - Walter Grant, HL7 message coordinator for the VA is introduced; Austin would like to address an education project for potential Tooling cosponsorship
#Adjourned <hh:mm am/pm> <timezone>.
+
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-11-08 Tooling Call]] Andy moves and Austin seconds approval; unanimously approved
 +
*Austin would like to address an education project for potential Tooling cosponsorship
 +
**Looking to develop a series of webinars to train our facilitators to more effectively develop standards. Education has agreed to initiate a project. MnM and Publishing will develop content and Tooling has their role. Training videos or tutorials were mentioned in Tooling Strategy.
 +
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] - no updates
 +
*Update from Tooling Liaisons:
 +
** AMS - CIC: not available. Michael and Hugh invited to present to CIC at Jan WGM on Michael's EA tool
 +
** Lorraine Constable  - Electronic Services; Andy reports that Lorraine is at the Ed summit. Need contact for UCPRS tool at NLM
 +
**Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
 +
***Templates/OHT - actively participating in HingX, making progress with decor and registration of decor projects, templates, and value sets.  OHT looking at Architecture Council for runtime platform.
 +
***Templates ITS project is mixed in with DECOR. Andy received dump of information from Trifolia dbs and will load them and produce DECOR files from DB and send to Kai. Kai may be contacting MDHT folks for what can be done to extract to DÉCOR.
 +
***Board's concern is our Tooling Strategy. Need to return policy issues to Board. Budgeting is also coming up, and will need estimates.
 +
** Rob Snelick -  CGIT; not on the call. 
 +
** John Ritter - EHR - reports there is no update to offer regarding the EHR Work Group’s “EHR Profile Designer Tooling Project”. Andy notes they're making progress importing from FM to EA. Need to keep EHR WG leadership up to date. EHR S FM R2 withdrawn for this cycle.
 +
** Rene Spronk  -Marketing
 +
** Andy Stechishin  - Structured Documents,  Vocabulary, Publishing
 +
***SDWG he has not attended lately; primary project remains Templates ITS.
 +
***Publishing - interest in cosponsoring with Education on the tutorial project.
 +
***Vocabulary Terminology Authority project probably won't have movement until Phoenix.
 +
***Two new projects from Vocabulary
 +
****[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7071/9861/HL7VocabSubmissionPSS-v0.6.doc Vocab Submission PSS] for the evaluation of the UCPRS tool for use by HL7 for triaging Vocabulary change requests. The current revision contains updated project dates <!--does this eliminate project 634?--> PSS resurfaced on last vocab call, and needed to update dates. USCRS is open source from NLM, web-based tool that reduces errors in submission of vocab requests. HL7 would like to incorporate into harmonization. Andy moves that Tooling support being a cosponsor of the PSS in principle subject to final review and approval of the formal PSS. ES needs to determine hosting options. Austin seconds. Unanimously approved.
 +
****[http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7072/9862/IHTSDOWorkbenchProjectscopestatement-rev3.doc IHTSDO Workbench tooling project] updated the project dates to reflect our schedule as it appears right now <!--is this related to PI#644--> Draft PSS not yet approved by Vocab (who meets right after this call). Jane asks if they're planning to map MIF 2.0 versus 2.1.6. Andy moves approval in principle with amendment of valid MIF format to 2.0. Wilfred seconds. Unanimously approved.
 +
** Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA; he has no updates. RIMBAA out of cycle meeting in November has been cancelled.
 +
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 +
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=913 PI# 913] [[HL7 Tooling Challenge]] - no updates since last webinar
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] [[HL7/OHT_Collaboration_on_HingX|HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation]] - pick up next week
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] [[EHRs_FM_Profiling_Tool|EHR-S FM Profiling Tool]] - see above discussion
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] [[Tooling_Dashboard]]- pending ES
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]] - postponed until strategy completed
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 +
***Updated draft [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7074/9864/ToolingStrategyDraft20121115.docx Tooling Strategy]
 +
***Andy also produced an updated [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/7070/9860/ToolingCostingCriteria.docx costing formula].
 +
***Tools as benefit of membership also discussed.
 +
*Adjourned 3:02 PM
  
  
Line 186: Line 216:
  
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*No meeting next week (US Thanksgiving).
 +
*[[2012-11-29 Tooling Call]]
 
|}
 
|}
  

Latest revision as of 20:07, 15 November 2012

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-11-15
Time: 2:00 pm ET
Facilitator: <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Austin Kreisler
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
regrets Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
x Walter Grant
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
Tim Ireland, NHS
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
x Brian Pech
x John Ritter, EHR
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 2:05 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - Walter Grant, HL7 message coordinator for the VA is introduced; Austin would like to address an education project for potential Tooling cosponsorship
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-11-08 Tooling Call Andy moves and Austin seconds approval; unanimously approved
  • Austin would like to address an education project for potential Tooling cosponsorship
    • Looking to develop a series of webinars to train our facilitators to more effectively develop standards. Education has agreed to initiate a project. MnM and Publishing will develop content and Tooling has their role. Training videos or tutorials were mentioned in Tooling Strategy.
  • Review action items - no updates
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • AMS - CIC: not available. Michael and Hugh invited to present to CIC at Jan WGM on Michael's EA tool
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services; Andy reports that Lorraine is at the Ed summit. Need contact for UCPRS tool at NLM
    • Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
      • Templates/OHT - actively participating in HingX, making progress with decor and registration of decor projects, templates, and value sets. OHT looking at Architecture Council for runtime platform.
      • Templates ITS project is mixed in with DECOR. Andy received dump of information from Trifolia dbs and will load them and produce DECOR files from DB and send to Kai. Kai may be contacting MDHT folks for what can be done to extract to DÉCOR.
      • Board's concern is our Tooling Strategy. Need to return policy issues to Board. Budgeting is also coming up, and will need estimates.
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT; not on the call.
    • John Ritter - EHR - reports there is no update to offer regarding the EHR Work Group’s “EHR Profile Designer Tooling Project”. Andy notes they're making progress importing from FM to EA. Need to keep EHR WG leadership up to date. EHR S FM R2 withdrawn for this cycle.
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing
      • SDWG he has not attended lately; primary project remains Templates ITS.
      • Publishing - interest in cosponsoring with Education on the tutorial project.
      • Vocabulary Terminology Authority project probably won't have movement until Phoenix.
      • Two new projects from Vocabulary
        • Vocab Submission PSS for the evaluation of the UCPRS tool for use by HL7 for triaging Vocabulary change requests. The current revision contains updated project dates PSS resurfaced on last vocab call, and needed to update dates. USCRS is open source from NLM, web-based tool that reduces errors in submission of vocab requests. HL7 would like to incorporate into harmonization. Andy moves that Tooling support being a cosponsor of the PSS in principle subject to final review and approval of the formal PSS. ES needs to determine hosting options. Austin seconds. Unanimously approved.
        • IHTSDO Workbench tooling project updated the project dates to reflect our schedule as it appears right now Draft PSS not yet approved by Vocab (who meets right after this call). Jane asks if they're planning to map MIF 2.0 versus 2.1.6. Andy moves approval in principle with amendment of valid MIF format to 2.0. Wilfred seconds. Unanimously approved.
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA; he has no updates. RIMBAA out of cycle meeting in November has been cancelled.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
  • Adjourned 3:02 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.