This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-09-27 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 15:37, 27 September 2012 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-09-27
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
Tim Ireland, NHS
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Brian Pech, KP
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
John Ritter, EHR
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, HL7 PC and RIMBAA liaison, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 10:05 am

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - accepted by general consent
  • Approval of previous minutes from
  • Review action items -
    • Jane will send the Tooling Strategy document to the Tooling list and we'll start working on action plans and performance metrics. Need to clarify governance process for tools, those necessary to support primary HL7 processes as well as those implementing standards. Need to work with ArB on architecture modeling on that topic which they had not initially counted in their scope. This will involve a risk assessment.
      • Understanding of responsibilities in interaction with tool requests with the new process this year is improving. Another area is how to make tooling an appealing reason to be a member. Need also to produce some metrics. Need to organize agendas to focus on topics rather than project review. Send suggestions for addressing items from John's list to Jane - she will coordinate. Budgeting process is completed by December so list of tools and how much they are estimated to cost needs to be well in advance.
      • Andy mentions the Board decision on backwards-compatibility will have impact - though a methodology effort at first it then becomes a tooling issue. May need a project scope statement to clarify what is needed for wire-format backwards compatibility tooling. Will need to be aware of what the V3 Datatypes Task Force created by the TSC determines.
  • Update on V3 Generator Status - Woody is at ISO and not available.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge
      • We have had one response - we need to be prepared to host a webinar on this topic. Karen is working with Ken Harkin on contacts and Lynn will be working on communication as well as liaison for the Tooling Challenge so will take the lead on the webinar. AMS asks if the reviewers will meet to evaluate submission criteria. He suggests that Lynn convene the panel as well. It needs a project plan. Lynn will look into that and have an update on a future call.
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
      • An evaluation of the new API needed - Jane asks Andy to review from the Publishing standpoint to communicate with the HingX registry from our tool. First response is needed by December 3rd to complete our evaluation and testing. Andy suggests two weeks.
      • Jane working on best practices for using HingX, approval lifecycle of resources, authorities for release, etc to be trialed with Tooling and Templates groups first. She'll have something for next week.
  • Schedule of topics for next four weeks discussed.
    • PI# 803 Tooling_Dashboard
      • Tooling Dashboard - ES waiting for input from TSC, Lynn's not aware of what questions are outstanding. Also dependent on the Tooling Strategy; need to update the Dashboard project to reflect this dependency and take off the review cycle. Andy suggests updating its status to on hold.
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool - Andy reports they are making progress, constrained by dependency on Corey Spears' availability. On track for first milestone end of month.
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution- Jane and Lynn will discuss offline and have report later.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models AMS reports that Michael's report on the EHR-S FM profiling tool may have applicability for MAX - Excel export into XML and import into the tool. MAX will resume its calls first Wednesdays. They'll rewrite the RFP to seek solution providers and not just resources. He'll share the timeline with John to determine if reissuing the RFP is needed. Solution might be beta by May 2013 and final by September instead of January and May.
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - Tooling Strategy should also address tooling education and methodology. Tooling beyond developing the spec, schematron to validate inputs, or generate test messages should be assessed. Jane asks AMS to represent this idea to the Education WG in their strategy.
  • Josh notes the GForge upgrade Sunday the 23rd went well, may need to clear browser cache.


Adjourned 10:58 AM EDT


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Lynn will update agendas for upcoming weeks. Set up schedule on wiki for rotation of topics.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Next week - strategy; following week HingX. Following week liaisons meeting and then Tooling Challenge.
  • 2012-10-04 Tooling Call


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.