This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2012-08-16 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:37, 16 August 2012 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-08-16
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Walter Grant, VA HL7 Messaging Administrator
Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
x John Ritter, EHR
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, HL7 PC and RIMBAA liaison
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order at 10:06 AM EDT

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-08-09 Tooling Call Andy moves approval, seconded by Josh. Unanimously approved
  • Review action items -
    • Tooling and Resources page recommendations for next week. Andy has some updates to circulate before that meeting.
    • Lynn will email Duane from Mohawk
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • AMS - CIC
      MAX updates in Project Updates
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services
      Lorraine is not on the call. Joshua noted that they are dealing with requests for dashboards, etc. They are working on a process for dealing with such dashboard requests. Joint meeting at WGM needs to be addressed.
    • Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
      Templates - WG would like to use HingX but in what manner remains to be seen. HL7 has not yet signed alpha agreement. Board notes Tooling Strategy and plan assigned to Grahame Grieve - Austin is here to address under projects section. OHT - holding a F2F in Baltimore on the 14th at same venue as HL7. HingX will also likely be highlighted in that meeting.
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT
      Not expecting update until WGM on MWB
    • John Ritter - EHR
      EHR-S FM Design tool discussion in projects section
      EHR WG working on tooling internally for function list for PHR FM, tool by Corey Spears
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing - not on the call
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing
      StrucDocs template exchange project is moving ahead though Kai now on vacation. Vocab has PSS for NLM tool up for approval on last week's call. Another PSS for next round on IHTSDO MWB in the works. They hope to do an RFP on the IHTSDO work. Jane asks if Tooling will be expected to co-sponsor? NLM project has both Tooling and ES as cosponsors.
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA - not on the call
  • GForge Upgrade - Joshua reports the rollout of 6.1 will be likely possible after the WGM on September 15th or shortly after. Jane notes we'll discuss how to communicate that rollout next week.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge
      Richard Soley will be the OMG rep, challenge announced at the WGM Monday night cochairs and Tuesday AM general session by Ken Harkin of Sparx
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
      discussed above
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
      approved for phase 1 by John Quinn and R4C team including Andy Stechishin in contract negotiation. John Ritter has no further update but will be discussing with the team. AMS would like to be involved as it emerges so that reusability for MAX can be evaluated.
    • PI# 803 Tooling_Dashboard
      address next week
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
      address next week
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
      • Austin update on Tooling Strategy
      • Chuck Jaffe engaged Grahame Grieve to produce a Tooling Strategy. Grahame has produced an outline. Chuck expects a more complete draft for the WGM. TSC will be asked to review and endorse Grahame's document and the TSC will lean on the Tooling WG to make a recommendation. He'll circulate the document after the call. AMS asks what the input was for the document. Grahame worked with Jane and others involved with HL7 Tooling in the past. Jane shared the January WGM presentation from John with him, along with budget implications and strategies for trial requests for resources. Austin reports a mismatch between Board tooling strategy and others' vision. Jane notes there are members of Advisory Council that want tools for easier adoption.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
      • MAX continues to move forward with conceptual design. Sept 5 is next meeting, AMS reports. The model will be used to facilitate requirements gathering. MAX resource funding has not seen a developer come forward yet. AMS approached CIC regarding re-issuing the proposals. They plan to compare requirements with EHR profiling to find common threads.
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II - Woody indicated last time he's making progress incorporating V3 generator, but not on the call today. We'll hear more by the WGM.
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor)
      No requirements yet
    • PI# 885 HL7 Templates ITS Pilot (Templates sponsor)
      In progress, with Kai and Andy leading. Andy reports Kai has had some success mapping Trifolia into DÉCOR. They're also looking to integrate with MDHT storage files. Jane notes their constraints are expressed in OCL so will create an interesting exercise.
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor)
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
      Andy has no update on this. Relationship with NLM submission tool, SNOMED issuing authority. Austin notes that the Board had discussed referral of a similar issue to the TSC to evaluate using NLM as our vocabulary host or source-of-truth. Jane asks about a project for the NLM tool? Andy thought there was one in development. This project is the one with which Tooling should be more closely aligned.
  • Jane reminds the liaisons that Thursday Q2 is typically liaison reporting and tactical planning. AMS asks for help with GForge - Lynn, Joshua or Andy can help. Jane asks Lynn to include such guidance on our communication plan for using GForge and version control.
  • Adjourned 10:48 AM EDT.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.