This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "2012-06-28 Tooling Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(4 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
==Tooling Meeting Template==
+
==Tooling Meeting ==
 
===Meeting Information===
 
===Meeting Information===
{{:Tooling Meeting Information}}
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 18: Line 17:
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
'''Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270; <br/>Participant PassCode:586935# <br/>GoToMeeting URL: <br/>https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034'''
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE Date and Time  ON NEXT LINE  **********************-->
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: <CCYY-MM-DD>'''<br/> '''Time: 10:00 am EDT'''
+
| width="50%" colspan="1" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Date: 2012-06-28'''<br/> '''Time: 10:00 am EDT'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': <Chair of Meeting>
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Jane Curry
 
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
Line 38: Line 37:
 
===============================================================================--->
 
===============================================================================--->
 
|-
 
|-
<!-- ********add attendee information here *********-->
+
|x||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
| .|| .
 
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
+
|x ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
|-
 
| ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
 
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
+
|x ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
|-
 
| ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||Tim Ireland, Co-chair
 
| ||Tim Ireland, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
+
|x ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
|-
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, AMS Consulting
 
|-
 
| ||Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
 
|-
 
| ||John Ritter, EHR
 
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
+
|x ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Michael van der Zel, HL7 PC and RIMBAA liaison
+
| x||John Ritter, EHR
 
|-
 
|-
| ||
+
| regrets||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="2" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes/No)
+
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''yes  
 
|-  
 
|-  
  
Line 98: Line 86:
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
 
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] [[HL7/OHT_Collaboration_on_HingX|HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation]]
 
**:Next step: Presentation on how to use HingX at Tooling telecon
 
**:Next step: Presentation on how to use HingX at Tooling telecon
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] [[EHRs_FM_Profiling_Tool|EHR-S FM Profiling Tool]]
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] Tooling DashBoard
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] [[Tooling_Dashboard]]
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models  
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]
 
<!-- review again in August -->
 
<!-- review again in August -->
 
<!--
 
<!--
Line 117: Line 105:
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=806 PI# 806] Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=806 PI# 806] Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Structured Docs sponsor)
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Structured Docs sponsor)
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=611 PI# 611] Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor)  
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=611 PI# 611] Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor) -checked with Keith, closed in Project Insight
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
* Other/New Business
 
* Other/New Business
 
 
  
  
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
 
'''Supporting Documents'''<br/>
<!-- *****  Delete instructions and add document names/links ON NEXT LINES *****-->
+
See links
#''
 
  
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
Line 139: Line 124:
 
|                                                                  |
 
|                                                                  |
 
=================================================================--->
 
=================================================================--->
<!-- **** Delete instructions  and fill in minutes ON NEXT LINES  ******-->
 
  
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 +
Call to order 10:05 AM EDT
 +
* Roll Call & Agenda Review - no changes identified
 +
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-06-21 Tooling Call]] Lynn moves and John seconds approval. Approved 3/0/1. Woody joins. AMS comments on the criteria - they are more applicable to developers, not project managers or BA or testers. Only a subset apply if other roles are needed. Multiple proposals may also be considered with different subsets of activity.
 +
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -
 +
*No update on validator tool (1998)
 +
*Joshua working on piloting
 +
*Lynn waiting for word back on university
 +
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 +
*:Tooling-sponsored Projects
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=904 PI# 904] [[HL7/OHT_Collaboration_on_HingX|HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation]]
 +
**:Next step: Presentation on how to use HingX at Tooling telecom
 +
***Jane only has partial presentation. She will have the full presentation next week.
 +
***PSS has been approved by Steering Division. It is on the TSC agenda on Monday July 2nd.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] [[EHRs_FM_Profiling_Tool|EHR-S FM Profiling Tool]]
 +
***Jane has the RFP for this as well as MAX but need to align them together. Word from Karen is that we'll use reply to contract email and need to include a reference to a contract template. She discussed briefly with John Quinn and Karen for process after the RFP is released. Two weeks after the RFP is put out, an open Q&A can be held and answers provided to the contracts listserv.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] [[Tooling_Dashboard]]
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] [[Tooling_Communication_Plan|Tooling Communication Plan and Execution]]
 +
*** Postpone tooling communication plan RFP until after tooling strategy is done, so after the Baltimore WGM.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] [[Tooling_Strategy_and_Process_Revision|Tooling Strategy and Process Revision]]
 +
*** First strategy iteration due 2nd week in July so Jane will be working on that. Draft strategy needs to be produced in time for Board Retreat at end of July. Board input will be used for revision to be presented in Baltimore. She will present to Tooling WG before giving to John to take to the Board retreat.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] [[MAX_-_Model_Automated_eXchange|Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models ]]
 +
***AMS had a MAX phone call where a couple of potential participants expressed interest in the RFP.
 +
*:Tooling co-sponsored projects 
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=905 PI# 905] V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor) - this has been approved by Templates but needs to go to T3SD.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=829 PI# 829] HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor) - going to an informative ballot. Dates need to be updated.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=806 PI# 806] Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor) part of agreement with authority is to try automating potential revisions to IHTSDO. Project in vocab to use NLM for that submission process. IHTSDO workbench project is also anticipated.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Structured Docs sponsor) - should be on hold. Remove from review list until further notice from SDWG. Their focus is on Templates ITS for exchange of template design. They're content with publishing in PDF and not entering the V3 publishing stream at this time.
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=611 PI# 611] Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor) -checked with Keith, closed in Project Insight
 +
<!--        -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
* Other/New Business
 +
**Would any of the projects like to use HingX as a trial for the development of their work. This is the incarnation of the Shared Artifact Repository. It is not a replacement for GForge as a repository. HingX is a registry - it can point to an HL7 repository but it can also host the artifacts/resources. It also has social networking capability. She will have a presentation next week. She'll be using HingX in the development of the Tooling Strategy. Jane is working out how we create our user groups and organize them. Please explore www.hingx.org and send any questions to Jane. Feel free to sign up as a user and create a user group for the organization you represent.
  
#''
+
Adjourned 10:33 AM EDT
#Adjourned <hh:mm am/pm> <timezone>.
 
 
 
  
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
 
===Meeting Outcomes===
Line 162: Line 180:
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
  
* .
+
* Please explore www.hingx.org and send any questions to Jane.
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!---=======================================================================
 
<!---=======================================================================
Line 175: Line 193:
  
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*HingX introduction next week.
 +
*Woody may not be on the call next week. Jane may repeat a presentation for Publishing at noon next Friday.
 +
*[[2012-07-05 Tooling Call]]
 
|}
 
|}
  

Latest revision as of 14:07, 5 July 2012

Tooling Meeting

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-06-28
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, Shakir Consulting
x John Ritter, EHR
regrets Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics


Supporting Documents
See links

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 10:05 AM EDT

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - no changes identified
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-06-21 Tooling Call Lynn moves and John seconds approval. Approved 3/0/1. Woody joins. AMS comments on the criteria - they are more applicable to developers, not project managers or BA or testers. Only a subset apply if other roles are needed. Multiple proposals may also be considered with different subsets of activity.
  • Review action items -
  • No update on validator tool (1998)
  • Joshua working on piloting
  • Lynn waiting for word back on university
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
      Next step: Presentation on how to use HingX at Tooling telecom
      • Jane only has partial presentation. She will have the full presentation next week.
      • PSS has been approved by Steering Division. It is on the TSC agenda on Monday July 2nd.
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
      • Jane has the RFP for this as well as MAX but need to align them together. Word from Karen is that we'll use reply to contract email and need to include a reference to a contract template. She discussed briefly with John Quinn and Karen for process after the RFP is released. Two weeks after the RFP is put out, an open Q&A can be held and answers provided to the contracts listserv.
    • PI# 803 Tooling_Dashboard
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
      • Postpone tooling communication plan RFP until after tooling strategy is done, so after the Baltimore WGM.
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
      • First strategy iteration due 2nd week in July so Jane will be working on that. Draft strategy needs to be produced in time for Board Retreat at end of July. Board input will be used for revision to be presented in Baltimore. She will present to Tooling WG before giving to John to take to the Board retreat.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
      • AMS had a MAX phone call where a couple of potential participants expressed interest in the RFP.
    Tooling co-sponsored projects
    • PI# 905 V2 Publishing Database Upgrade (Publishing sponsor) - this has been approved by Templates but needs to go to T3SD.
    • PI# 829 HL7 Templates Registry Business Process Requirements Analysis (Templates sponsor) - going to an informative ballot. Dates need to be updated.
    • PI# 806 Development of policies and procedures of an HL7 terminology authority (Vocabulary sponsor) part of agreement with authority is to try automating potential revisions to IHTSDO. Project in vocab to use NLM for that submission process. IHTSDO workbench project is also anticipated.
    • PI# 752 Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Structured Docs sponsor) - should be on hold. Remove from review list until further notice from SDWG. Their focus is on Templates ITS for exchange of template design. They're content with publishing in PDF and not entering the V3 publishing stream at this time.
    • PI# 611 Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor) -checked with Keith, closed in Project Insight
  • Other/New Business
    • Would any of the projects like to use HingX as a trial for the development of their work. This is the incarnation of the Shared Artifact Repository. It is not a replacement for GForge as a repository. HingX is a registry - it can point to an HL7 repository but it can also host the artifacts/resources. It also has social networking capability. She will have a presentation next week. She'll be using HingX in the development of the Tooling Strategy. Jane is working out how we create our user groups and organize them. Please explore www.hingx.org and send any questions to Jane. Feel free to sign up as a user and create a user group for the organization you represent.

Adjourned 10:33 AM EDT

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Please explore www.hingx.org and send any questions to Jane.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • HingX introduction next week.
  • Woody may not be on the call next week. Jane may repeat a presentation for Publishing at noon next Friday.
  • 2012-07-05 Tooling Call


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.