This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "2012-03-08 Tooling Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Tooling Meeting Template==
 
==Tooling Meeting Template==
 
===Meeting Information===
 
===Meeting Information===
{{:Tooling Meeting Information}}
 
  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
 
{|border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"  
Line 21: Line 20:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
 
<!-- ********  CHANGE chair and scribe ON NEXT LINES  *******************-->
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': <Chair of Meeting>
+
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Facilitator''': Tim Ireland
 
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|colspan="1" align="right"|'''Note taker(s)''': Lynn Laakso
 
|-
 
|-
Line 38: Line 37:
 
===============================================================================--->
 
===============================================================================--->
 
|-
 
|-
<!-- ********add attendee information here *********-->
+
| x||Woody Beeler
| .|| .
 
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Stacey Berger, COH
+
|x ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
+
|x ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
+
|x ||Tim Ireland, Co-chair
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
+
|x ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
 
|-
 
|-
| ||Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
+
| regrets||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
|-
 
| ||Jane Curry, Co-Chair
 
|-
 
| ||Tim Ireland, Co-chair
 
|-
 
| ||Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
 
|-
 
| ||Abdul-Malik Shakir, AMS Consulting
 
|-
 
| ||Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
 
|-
 
| ||Corey Spears, HL7 EHR Liaison
 
|-
 
| ||Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
 
|-
 
| ||Michael van der Zel, HL7 CGIT liaison
 
 
|-
 
|-
 
| ||
 
| ||
Line 72: Line 54:
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
 
<!-- *****  Delete instructions  and change quorum requirements ON NEXT LINE *****-->
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''(yes/No)
+
|colspan="2" |'''Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): '''yes  
 
|-  
 
|-  
  
Line 88: Line 70:
 
===Agenda===
 
===Agenda===
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 
'''Agenda Topics''' <br/>
 +
Call to order 10:10AM
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-03-01 Tooling Call]]
 
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-03-01 Tooling Call]]
Line 93: Line 76:
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -  
 
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -  
 +
**From last week:
 +
***Jane to create outreach coordination action items for the MAX and EHR FM Profile designer funded projects.
 +
*** Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect
 +
*** Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure of project 611.
 +
*** Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing.
 
<!--REPORTS-->
 
<!--REPORTS-->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
*
+
*Review current state of Tooling development requests for Board funding - Jane
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=804 PI# 804] GForge alternative assessment
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II - anticipating Andy's remaining documentation
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - seeking update on Stacy's availability
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] Tooling DashBoard
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor) - Need to follow up with Structured Docs for May WGM to see if they're satisfied with the Templates project for interchange requirements
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - see [[HL7 - Tooling & Electronic Services alignment]] '''need next steps'''
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=802 PI# 802] Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=752 PI# 752] Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor)
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=803 PI# 803] Tooling DashBoard - Josh update from ES call
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=742 PI# 742] Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=804 PI# 804] ''GForge alternative assessment'' - Review in May
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=690 PI# 690] HL7 Static Model Designer Enhancement 1 - ??
+
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=831 PI# 831] EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=665 PI# 665] MIF based Publishing Phase II
 
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=611 PI# 611] Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor)
 
 
<!--        -->
 
<!--        -->
 
* Other/New Business
 
* Other/New Business
Line 132: Line 119:
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
 
'''Minutes/Conclusions Reached:'''<br/>
  
#''
+
Call to order 10:10AM
#Adjourned <hh:mm am/pm> <timezone>.
+
* Roll Call & Agenda Review
 +
<!-- ACTION ITEMS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
* Review [http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tool-proc-arch/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=445 action items] -
 +
**From last week:
 +
***Jane to create outreach coordination action items for the MAX and EHR FM Profile designer funded projects.
 +
***:Corey Spears needs to find someone else for EHR as he's been pulled away and has no spare time. Need also to check with Michael vdZ.
 +
***:MAX call - will take challenge back to CIC to identify highest priority use cases for initial iteration for a narrower scope.
 +
*** Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect
 +
***:Has not yet reached Bjorn to find his available time to initiate the poll. Need to work around the Harmonization schedule and Jane unavailable the last week of March.
 +
*** Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure of project 611.
 +
***:She received confirmation from Shafarman and Roberts that it will be closed.
 +
*** Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing.
 +
***:Working with HEART PM on tasks up to initiation, doesn't have the set of tasks yet to align with. Underway but not completed.
 +
<!--REPORTS-->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
*Review current state of Tooling development requests for Board funding - Jane
 +
**Jane reports Andy met with SDWG folks and received suggestion that work on pilot of template interchange format would be preferred, to exchange template designs between Trifolia and MDHT and between instances of same. Jane asked John if he'd feel favorably towards that. A PSS will be needed, and Andy is writing it to be sponsored by SDWG and cosponsored by Tooling and Templates with interested parties in MnM. It would be a pilot of DSTU for Template Interchange Format. Publishing can remain as PDF for now, lowering the priority of project 752 (on hold, no further action expected this year).
 +
* Approval of previous minutes from [[2012-03-01 Tooling Call]] Lynn moves approval, Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
 +
<!-- PROJECTS -->
 +
<!--        -->
 +
*Review [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm projects]:
 +
**[http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/v3toolstaskforce/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=801 PI# 801] Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - see [[HL7 - Tooling & Electronic Services alignment]] '''need next steps''' Jane and Lynn need to discuss offline; integration into other areas (TSC, Strategic Initiatives, Dashboards) is needed. Policy and management decisions needed to proceed with WBS. Challenge is that we lack representation in proportion to significance in HL7, notes Woody. Jane also notes lack of business strategy, governance elements make such strategic planning difficult. Focus has been on the area of the way we accept requests to do tools. Tooling liaisons are a start but need more representation on broader interests. Current strategy is reactionary to greatest pain points. Wading into accountability for tools used inside and outside of HL7 and how to set priorities among competing requests with limited budget.
 +
*Jane reports IHTSDO has been releasing more information on the IHTSDO Work Bench (Andy as Vocab liaison is not on the call). We'd like to see how far Vocabulary has gotten on documenting their requirements to incorporate them into the IHTSDO plan. Tim thinks they've been working on release management of vocabularies recently. He adds NHS has been working towards incorporating that into management of their ref sets as subsets of vocabulary for NHS stakeholders. Releases are probably timed with SNOMED in January and July, with NHS extension vocabulary in April and September.
 +
*Adjourned 10:42 AM EST
  
  
Line 151: Line 162:
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
 
| width="100%" align="left" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|'''Actions''' ''
  
* .
+
* Jane to discuss Tooling Strategy offline with Lynn.
 
|-
 
|-
 
<!---=======================================================================
 
<!---=======================================================================
Line 164: Line 175:
  
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
 
|width="100%" |'''Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items'''<br/>
*.
+
*[[2012-03-15 Tooling Call]] will have our monthly Tooling Liaison Report
 
|}
 
|}
  

Latest revision as of 15:45, 8 March 2012

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-03-08
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Tim Ireland Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
x Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
regrets Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Call to order 10:10AM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-01 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • From last week:
      • Jane to create outreach coordination action items for the MAX and EHR FM Profile designer funded projects.
      • Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect
      • Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure of project 611.
      • Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing.
  • Review current state of Tooling development requests for Board funding - Jane
  • Review projects:
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II - anticipating Andy's remaining documentation
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models - seeking update on Stacy's availability
    • PI# 752 Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor) - Need to follow up with Structured Docs for May WGM to see if they're satisfied with the Templates project for interchange requirements
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - see HL7 - Tooling & Electronic Services alignment need next steps
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
    • PI# 803 Tooling DashBoard - Josh update from ES call
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment - Review in May
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Call to order 10:10AM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Review action items -
    • From last week:
      • Jane to create outreach coordination action items for the MAX and EHR FM Profile designer funded projects.
        Corey Spears needs to find someone else for EHR as he's been pulled away and has no spare time. Need also to check with Michael vdZ.
        MAX call - will take challenge back to CIC to identify highest priority use cases for initial iteration for a narrower scope.
      • Jane will send a Doodle poll to find a time slot the week of March 19th for virtual meeting to identify background on project engagement for Eclipse senior architect
        Has not yet reached Bjorn to find his available time to initiate the poll. Need to work around the Harmonization schedule and Jane unavailable the last week of March.
      • Jane will check with Templates to evaluate closure of project 611.
        She received confirmation from Shafarman and Roberts that it will be closed.
      • Jane will draft a Tooling Project to represent HL7 participation in HEART for review and testing.
        Working with HEART PM on tasks up to initiation, doesn't have the set of tasks yet to align with. Underway but not completed.
  • Review current state of Tooling development requests for Board funding - Jane
    • Jane reports Andy met with SDWG folks and received suggestion that work on pilot of template interchange format would be preferred, to exchange template designs between Trifolia and MDHT and between instances of same. Jane asked John if he'd feel favorably towards that. A PSS will be needed, and Andy is writing it to be sponsored by SDWG and cosponsored by Tooling and Templates with interested parties in MnM. It would be a pilot of DSTU for Template Interchange Format. Publishing can remain as PDF for now, lowering the priority of project 752 (on hold, no further action expected this year).
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-01 Tooling Call Lynn moves approval, Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
  • Review projects:
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - see HL7 - Tooling & Electronic Services alignment need next steps Jane and Lynn need to discuss offline; integration into other areas (TSC, Strategic Initiatives, Dashboards) is needed. Policy and management decisions needed to proceed with WBS. Challenge is that we lack representation in proportion to significance in HL7, notes Woody. Jane also notes lack of business strategy, governance elements make such strategic planning difficult. Focus has been on the area of the way we accept requests to do tools. Tooling liaisons are a start but need more representation on broader interests. Current strategy is reactionary to greatest pain points. Wading into accountability for tools used inside and outside of HL7 and how to set priorities among competing requests with limited budget.
  • Jane reports IHTSDO has been releasing more information on the IHTSDO Work Bench (Andy as Vocab liaison is not on the call). We'd like to see how far Vocabulary has gotten on documenting their requirements to incorporate them into the IHTSDO plan. Tim thinks they've been working on release management of vocabularies recently. He adds NHS has been working towards incorporating that into management of their ref sets as subsets of vocabulary for NHS stakeholders. Releases are probably timed with SNOMED in January and July, with NHS extension vocabulary in April and September.
  • Adjourned 10:42 AM EST


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Jane to discuss Tooling Strategy offline with Lynn.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.