This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

20111101 SAIF AP ConCall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 22:26, 3 November 2011 by Dhamill (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

SAIF Architecture Program – 2011-11-01 Meeting

Return to SAIF Architecture Program Wiki Home Page<br\> Return to SAIF AP Meeting Minutes and Agendas

Meeting Logistics


  1. Role Call
  2. Agenda Review
  3. Project Status Updates from those present
  4. Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF AP PSS Update (Curry)
    1. ArB/MnM as Cosponsors?
  5. CMET Clean Up Status Update (Hamill)
  6. Recurring Agenda Items
    1. Pilot Coordination updates (Rick Haddorff)
      1. Any new Coordination items? (Team)
      2. Project Schedule progress (Rick Haddorff)
  7. Action item review (see below)
  8. Next steps

Action Items to Review

  • Owner:
    • ID # and Description
      • Any update or other question?

Link to the Complete List of Action Items/Issues/Risks (GForge)

Meeting Attendees

X=Present on Call

Facilitator Austin Kreisler Note taker(s) David Hamill
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Austin Kreisler TSC Chair
Brian Pech Interested Participant
X David Hamill HL7 HQ / Program Manager
Ed Tripp Domain Experts SD \ TSC
X Jane Curry Tooling
Jim McClay Emergency Care
John Moehrke Security Cookbook
X John Quinn HL7 CTO
Lloyd McKenzie MnM Work Group / SAIF Implementation Guide Pjt
Lorraine Constable Composite Order Pjt \ OO Behavioral Framework Pjt
X Patrick Loyd OO Work Group / Composite Order Pjt
Rick Haddorff Project Services WG / SAIF Pilot Coordination Pjt
Robert Lario Object Management
Pat Van Dyke EHR WG
Steve Hufnagel ArB / SAIF Book Project / SOA
Wendy Huang Implementation Conformance WG
Margie Kennedy
Freida Hall Project Services WG
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes


Project Updates

CDA – R3

  • Dave and Rick will attend this week’s call to discuss CDA R3 SAIF Pilot Coordination work

OO Projects (Patrick Loyd)

  • No changes from last update.

Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF AP PSS Update (Curry)

  • Austin has requested time on the next MnM agenda to discuss cosponsorship.
  • ArB has indicated they would rather be an Interested Party rather than a co-sponsor.

SAIF AP Governance Wiki Page

  • Linked via the Main SAIF AP Wiki page under ‘See Also’ section.
  • Jane created this page with SAIF Architecture Program Risk Assessment based and began listing Critical Success Factors (based on HL7 Strategic Initiatives).
  • Austin remarked that the Strategic Initiative info is 2011 version, hence it will need to be updated.
  • Jane suggests that we use the Wiki Discussion page to capture suggested modifications to the Critical Success Factors.

SOA WG’s SAIF IG for Immunization PSS

  • Jane brought forward this project scope statement for input from the SAIF AP team members on the call
  • Jane: Perhaps add ‘prototype’ to the title.
  • Jane would like to see MnM as cosponsor.
  • This project may be a good candidate to pilot the RASCI chart
  • Jane to send Austin the PSS to the SAIF AP listserv

CMET Clean Up Status Update

  • Dave Hamill and Andy Stechison reviewed 3 lists of CMETs provided by PA, OO, MnM, PHER, others.
  • At the September, 2011 WGM, Andy presented the new process to request CMET IDs at the Monday evening co-chair meeting.
  • Andy and Dave are still determining best places to post that process document on the various HL7 websites and tools.
  • Dave is merging the 3 CMET lists into one Master CMET List. He is about 2/3’s done; expects to have it completed this week.
  • Andy is diving into Normative Editions to determine accurate NE info for the CMET list.
  • Dave is hopeful that they’ll be able to provide a completely updated new Master CMET List by the January, 2012 WGM.
  • Going forward, Dave and Andy will work with Don Lloyd and Mike Kingery to develop an interface for maintaining the CMET list.

Jane Feeback:

  • The new CMET Master list is critical file for publishing and tooling control files.
  • So include Publishing and Tooling in future discussions once the new CMET MasterList is created.
  • Jane and Austin mentioned the flat text file that’s used by Visio RMIM designer that documents what CMETs are available.

Adjourned 10:50 AM Eastern Time

New Action Items

Dave – Modify the Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF AP PSS to indicate ArB is a cosponsor.
SAIF AP Team – Provide comments/feedback via the Discussion tab (top of the wiki page) for the SAIF AP Critical Success Factors wiki page ( )
Jane - Send Austin the PSS to the SAIF AP listserv
Austin - Contact the project facilitators and provide them the SAIF AP team’s feedback.
Jane – Forward the Risk Assessment and Governance for SAIF AP PSS to Austin for Austin to submit to the TSC for review/approval.