This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex">

Difference between revisions of "2011-01-10 PA WGM Minutes"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 248: Line 248:
 
# DSTU Comments Site - No comments from PA DSTU
 
# DSTU Comments Site - No comments from PA DSTU
 
# Patient Encounter Project Wiki -  
 
# Patient Encounter Project Wiki -  
The Patient Encounter wiki was accessed to review the 4 proposals. The WG first addressed Proposal 1: Replace the current 9 encounter topics with a single Patient Encounter topic.
+
:The Patient Encounter wiki was accessed to review the 4 proposals. The WG first addressed Proposal 1: Replace the current 9 encounter topics with a single Patient Encounter topic.
  
Motion made by Ron, to accept the previous responses from the DSTU that there are too many variants to support the encounter needs. If so, then the WG will use one of the 5 proposals to address this. Alex seconded.
+
:Motion made by Ron, to accept the previous responses from the DSTU that there are too many variants to support the encounter needs. If so, then the WG will use one of the 5 proposals to address this. Alex seconded.
  
 
Vote: 2/0/0
 
Vote: 2/0/0
Line 264: Line 264:
 
Were there states that were missed in the original analysis for instance, changing emergency encounter to in patient. Also, do these proposals address the various levels of encounters as put forward by Norway.
 
Were there states that were missed in the original analysis for instance, changing emergency encounter to in patient. Also, do these proposals address the various levels of encounters as put forward by Norway.
 
The WG then reviewed the individual proposals
 
The WG then reviewed the individual proposals
Proposal 1 – The WG feels as this is a viable and makes a lot of sense.
+
 
Discussion: One topic
+
Proposal 1 – Replace the current 9 encounter topics with a single Patient Encounter topic.
 +
Discussion: The WG feels as this is a viable and makes a lot of sense.
 
Vote: 2/0/0
 
Vote: 2/0/0
  

Revision as of 21:23, 10 January 2011

Patient Administration Meeting - Monday January 10, 2011

Monday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 2.08

Date: 2011-01-10
Time: Monday Q1
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
. Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Ron Parker Canada Infoway
. . .
. . .
. . .
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): <Yes/No>

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Welcome/Introductions
  2. Agenda review and approval
  3. Review Mission and Charter
  4. Review Decision Making Practice
  5. Review 3-year Work Plan


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Welcome/Introductions
  2. Review and Approve Agenda

The WG will verify with the Patient Care working group to see if they are still hosting on Tuesday, Q1, as it was not present in the current Sydney on-site meeting schedule.

V2.8 – New proposal. Alex will review and see if there are any new proposals for this work.
  • Motion (made by Alex/ seconded by Ron): Approve agenda as modified to allow for inclusion of major stakeholders within the interdependent registries discussions.
  • Vote: 2 / 0 / 0 (for, against, abstain)
  • Discussion:

Since a major stakeholder from Canada Infoway is not available for the current agenda slot (currently Tues, Q3, Q4) the WG will be changing the agenda as such: Interdependent Registries, (currently on the agenda for Tuesday Q3 and Q4) is being moved to Wednesday Q1 and Q2. V2.8 proposals (currently Wednesday Q1) will be moved to Tuesday Q3 and v3 Scheduling Domain (currently Wednesday Q2) is being moved to Tuesday, Q4

  1. Review Mission & Charter

Ron introduced the concept of program with regard to what is currently being covered in the charter: The ability to declare a program (diabetes, asthma, etc.) that registries would support. Within the discussion, it was brought up that his may be something that should be covered/addressed by the patient care domain. This idea was discussed in the previous WG Meeting.The WG will review the previous minutes to see how the concept of program was discussed at that time.

  1. Review 3-Year Work Plan

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 2.08

Date: 2011-01-10
Time: Monday Q2
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
. Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Ron Parker Canada Infoway
. . .
. . .
. . .
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter DSTU findings

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. DSTU Comments Site - No comments from PA DSTU
  2. Patient Encounter Project Wiki -
The Patient Encounter wiki was accessed to review the 4 proposals. The WG first addressed Proposal 1: Replace the current 9 encounter topics with a single Patient Encounter topic.
Motion made by Ron, to accept the previous responses from the DSTU that there are too many variants to support the encounter needs. If so, then the WG will use one of the 5 proposals to address this. Alex seconded.

Vote: 2/0/0

The WG agrees to decrease the complexity. Ron proposed keeping the use cases and provide a functional profile. In consolidating and removing the types, we still need to support the functional needs (behaviors). What that means is that we may need to separate the idea of conformance to have structural conformance with optional elements and have another level of conformance against the functional profile to ensure the requirements of the diff types of encounters in different healthcare settings and realms are supported. We want to support this type of functional behavior conformance. The only way to make this work, is if the mechanics of the events (states, trigger events, message types, etc.) are essentially the same regardless of the setting. This raises an interesting issue that may involve the EHR WG, as they created the EHR functional models but they’re not connected the actual structural messages. We may want to involve MnM.

Questions: By reducing the set are we addressing the original objective of this effort? If we agree to reduce, are we overburdening with certain messages with being overcomplex to address the needs. Were there states that were missed in the original analysis for instance, changing emergency encounter to in patient. Also, do these proposals address the various levels of encounters as put forward by Norway. The WG then reviewed the individual proposals

Proposal 1 – Replace the current 9 encounter topics with a single Patient Encounter topic. Discussion: The WG feels as this is a viable and makes a lot of sense. Vote: 2/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 2.08

Date: 2011-01-10
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
. Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Ron Parker Canada Infoway
. Rene Spronk HL7 Netherlands
. Michael van Campen HL7 Netherlands
. John Koisch HL7 Netherlands
. . .
. . .
. . .
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter ballot preparation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. .
  2. .

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room 2.08

Date: 2011-01-10
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
. Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
. Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
. Michael van Campen Parker Canada Infoway
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Rene Spronk HL7 New Zealand
. . .
. . .
. . .
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter ballot preparation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. .
  2. .

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Tuesday Q1 meeting hosted by Patient Care in Room 6.04
    • Modeling of Care Provision vs. Patient Encounter

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.