20100204 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cliff Thompson, Patrick Loyd, Jane Curry, Tony Julian, Ron Parker
- Call to order At 10:05 with Ron as Chair and Tony as Scribe. Quorum was achieved.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- First rough draft of governance framework - Jane
Jane Curry: Looking for extra set of eyes to review. Figure when ready for peer review I can close this action item.
- TSC results:
- From the TSC meeting today.... Turns out TSC still wants us to do all the work.
- That 3rd item on harmonization meetings... that could be a very interesting discussion on the part of the group. Maybe I will throw a little deck together. Or better, ping Grahame and John on what they think it should look like.
- Name has been changed to SAIF. ArB is responsible for communications plan. I will write a short article for the HL7 news letter updating the community on the SAIF Book, name change, EA-IP, etc.
- Peer review process will be discussed in detail next week. However, the TSC endorses it and will at least partially sponsor it.
- TSC wants a concrete proposal for initiating RIM-style harmonization meetings – which they favor conceptually – including sample harmonization materials. Discussion is postponed until the ArB can provide materials for discussion
- Ron Parker: Asked Charlie can TSC provide elaboration? TSC wants US to think about what it would look like - from a process perspective. Implications of SAIF. What are inputs, and outcomes? How might this look and feel? What is the nature of the participation? When?
- Jane Curry: We need to finish the framework before we can harmonize - probably after the fall meeting. In Rio we will be dealing with changes from peer review. Implementation guidance will get engagement from work groups - everyone must be on with it. The IG is HL7 Enterprise Architecture specification for specification development. The IG defines the artifacts, relationships. We have not clarified artifacts. As we excercise it, harmonization will address the challenges. Governance if the right people are in the room will address.
- Jane Curry: The spec stack started with the references, but we moved out. References have to be congruent across artifacts. We have to do alignment between EHR-FM and the RIM. Moreso true to aligning the BF. We need to have core concept around what are the elements we need to address. Where are the governence in the health systems enter in? Need to drive into methodology, and artifacts.
- Ron Parker:Patrick - Does this resonate?
- Patrick Loyd: Yes
- Ron Parker: We need to surface what we believe harmonization is - at the spring WGM.
- Ron Parker: I feel that the moment would be before we have finalized the IG - draft of the IG would kick off the discussion. What are artifacts? workflow?
- TSC wants to know if the Orders and Observations SAIF project charter was approved by the ArB. Answer?
- Action Items
- Who has done what
- 1411 - not done anything
- Ron Parker: 1414 - attended FTSD, informed that we are doing a peer review, PIC process was updated. Asked FTSD , the PIC says you have to target mandatory reviewers. FTSD agreed that the groups involved are required, declared InM for ECCF, MnM for Governance. After that is it open? Absolutely. I asked for list of those who have to review - if other groups choose not to respond, that is ok.
- Ron Parker: We will need to turn on line numbering before the review. I tested with FTSD that will review, and consolidate comments, provide disposition 3weeks before the WGM. We would expect people to invite us to their meeting to address resolution.
- Jane Curry: It is a logistics problem.
- Ron Parker: We would take standing agenda time to do it.
- Jane Curry: It is an implicit reward - if they address as a group, we will give them a reward by attending.
- Ron Parker: They can adjust their agenda. The flip side is that we manage their expectations that the framework parts that are missing.
- Ron Parker: Charlie McCay noted that there is not a SAEAF tutorial. I dont think it is the make or break, specially since we are doing peer reviews, and are not ready to teach Governance.
- Patrick Loyd: It is a marketing problem - even though we have provided the information in the past, it is a perception issue, we need to do everything we can to fight the perception that the SAEAF is not out there. The common complaint is that people cannot find the information. We need to repeat, since many co-chairs have not been able to attend. We need to provide that outreach.
- Jane Curry: Could we mitigate by providing the tutorial deck with multiple links. Maybe we could do it in the newletter.
- Ron Parker:We need to get the information now.
- Jane Curry: Would co-chairs attend?
- Patrick Loyd: At the last meeting there were co-chairs present.
- Ron Parker: It would be useful for a different presenter. I will talk to Lynn. We need ECCF and BF again, since both have the intro. By that point we would have feedback. The deck is too hard to read.