2010-12-14 Online Presence Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
ES OP Agenda/ Minutes
back to ES Online Presence
|HL7 ES Online Presence Project Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#, https://my.dimdim.com/lynn_hl7/
Time: 3 pm Eastern
|Facilitator||Lynn Laakso||Note taker(s)||Lynn Laakso|
|x||Bill Braithwaite||Anakam, ES CoChair|
|x||Josh Carmody||HL7 HQ, ES|
|x||Dave Hamill||HL7 HQ, ES|
|x||Mike Kingery||HL7 HQ, ES|
|x||Lynn Laakso||HL7 HQ|
|Patrick Loyd||GPInformatics, ES & OO CoChair|
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD, ES co chair|
|.||Andy Stechishin||GPInformatics, Tooling CoChair|
|Additional participants are WELCOME!|
|Quorum Requirements Met: yes|
- Agenda review and approval
- Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-11-16 Online Presence Call Minutes, notes from 2010-11-30 Online Presence Call Minutes
- Project Tasks update
- Updated AUP at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1463/7904/HL7WikiAcceptableUsePolicy20101214.doc
- Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-11-16 Online Presence Call Minutes, notes from 2010-11-30 Online Presence Call Minutes – Bill moves to approve minutes; Ken seconds. Josh, Mike abstain. passes 3/0/2.
- Project Tasks update
- Page protection behavior - MediaWiki upgrade impact on page protection behavior, and instructions for page protection
- Wiki template for WG home page - see Andy's Proposed ITS Home, and Sandbox:Proposed WG Home
- pages reviewed; how to promote?
- Ken asks if Hot Topics is a recommendation for all Work Groups? Whatever method a Work Group uses for tracking issues or Hot Topics, it should be linked from the WG wiki page. It can now be linked from the Work Group’s web page under the Additional Resources tab (using the TSC additional resources as example linked to their GForge Tracker.
- We need to advertise the use of these paths as with the Additional Resources page, for both the Web site and the Wiki, to drive visitors to the activities of interest for every work group.
- Action Item: Lynn will write up an article for e-News, and Ken will announce at the co-chairs meeting/dinner that it was in the e-News.
- Suggestion: that we have a secret number or code in an upcoming e_news that can be redeemed for a prize drawing, e.g. a t-shirt, to encourage people to actually “read” the e-News. Action Item: Lynn will check with HQ on making a T-shirt or other prize available.
- Wiki template should be posed as a suggestion, a ‘model’ rather than a ‘template’ with the same categories on the web page Additional Resources link as on the Wiki template.
- How will we measure the acceptance of the suggestion? ANSI only cares that you have a process and follow it. The wiki model is not tied to ANSI procedures but would help in providing consistent direction to a Work Group’s minutes, agendas, issues/hot topics, etc. Need to do an audit on the wiki before release of the wg wiki page model, and another after to measure acceptance. Bill quotes Lord Kelvin from 1853, “you cannot improve what you don’t measure”. Lynn will do an audit.
- AUP feedback
- comments from list – revise for permalinks to GOM and Bylaws, add paragraph to don’ts list from Mike’s suggestion. Motion to approve AUP by Ken/Bill unanimously approved. Revised version at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1463/7904/HL7WikiAcceptableUsePolicy20101214.doc.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|