This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2010-12-14 Online Presence Call Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 23:21, 14 December 2010 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ES OP Agenda/ Minutes

back to ES Online Presence

Meeting Information

HL7 ES Online Presence Project Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#, https://my.dimdim.com/lynn_hl7/

Date:2010-12-14
Time: 3 pm Eastern
Facilitator Lynn Laakso Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Bill Braithwaite Anakam, ES CoChair
x Josh Carmody HL7 HQ, ES
x Dave Hamill HL7 HQ, ES
x Mike Kingery HL7 HQ, ES
x Lynn Laakso HL7 HQ
Patrick Loyd GPInformatics, ES & OO CoChair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD, ES co chair
. Andy Stechishin GPInformatics, Tooling CoChair
Additional participants are WELCOME!
Quorum Requirements Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-11-16 Online Presence Call Minutes, notes from 2010-11-30 Online Presence Call Minutes
  3. Project Tasks update
    • Page protection behavior - MediaWiki upgrade impact on page protection behavior, and instructions for page protection
    • Wiki template for WG home page - see Andy's Proposed ITS Home, and Sandbox:Proposed WG Home
    • AUP feedback
      • comments from list -

Supporting Documents

Minutes

  1. Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-11-16 Online Presence Call Minutes, notes from 2010-11-30 Online Presence Call Minutes – Bill moves to approve minutes; Ken seconds. Josh, Mike abstain. passes 3/0/2.
  2. Project Tasks update
    • Page protection behavior - MediaWiki upgrade impact on page protection behavior, and instructions for page protection
    • Wiki template for WG home page - see Andy's Proposed ITS Home, and Sandbox:Proposed WG Home
      • pages reviewed; how to promote?
      • Ken asks if Hot Topics is a recommendation for all Work Groups? Whatever method a Work Group uses for tracking issues or Hot Topics, it should be linked from the WG wiki page. It can now be linked from the Work Group’s web page under the Additional Resources tab (using the TSC additional resources as example linked to their GForge Tracker.
      • We need to advertise the use of these paths as with the Additional Resources page, for both the Web site and the Wiki, to drive visitors to the activities of interest for every work group.
      • Action Item: Lynn will write up an article for e-News, and Ken will announce at the co-chairs meeting/dinner that it was in the e-News.
      • Suggestion: that we have a secret number or code in an upcoming e_news that can be redeemed for a prize drawing, e.g. a t-shirt, to encourage people to actually “read” the e-News. Action Item: Lynn will check with HQ on making a T-shirt or other prize available.
      • Wiki template should be posed as a suggestion, a ‘model’ rather than a ‘template’ with the same categories on the web page Additional Resources link as on the Wiki template.
      • How will we measure the acceptance of the suggestion? ANSI only cares that you have a process and follow it. The wiki model is not tied to ANSI procedures but would help in providing consistent direction to a Work Group’s minutes, agendas, issues/hot topics, etc. Need to do an audit on the wiki before release of the wg wiki page model, and another after to measure acceptance. Bill quotes Lord Kelvin from 1853, “you cannot improve what you don’t measure”. Lynn will do an audit.
    • AUP feedback


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Lynn to update instructions for wiki minutes template with page protection behavior
  • Mike to add reason code for page protection
  • Lynn will write up an article for e-News regarding wiki wg home page model
  • Ken will announce at the co-chairs meeting/dinner that the wiki page model article was in the e-News.
  • Lynn will check with HQ on making a T-shirt or other prize available for readers of the e-News.
  • Lynn will do an audit of existing WG wiki pages having the information recommended as a ‘before’ measure.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • No meeting 12/28. No further deliverables on project. After monitoring/measuring acceptance of wiki model for 2011May WGM perhaps we can even close the project!