This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2010-08-10 Online Presence Call Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 20:50, 10 August 2010 by Llaakso (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ES OP Agenda/ Minutes

back to ES Online Presence

Meeting Information

HL7 ES Online Presence Project Meeting Minutes

Location: dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#, GoToMeeting ID: 733-885-482

Date:2010-08-10
Time: 3 pm Eastern
Facilitator Lynn Laakso Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Bill Braithwaite Anakam, ES
x Josh Carmody HL7 Staff
regrets Freida Hall VA, PSC/PIC
x Dave Hamill HL7 HQ, ES
x Mike Kingery HL7 HQ, ES
x Lynn Laakso HL7 HQ
? Patrick Loyd GPInformatics, ES
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD
x Andy Stechishin Tooling co-chair
Additional participants are WELCOME!
Quorum Requirements Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes from 2010-06-29 Online Presence Call Minutes
  3. Agenda items from last meeting
  4. Action Items update
    • Ken will draft the response to the TSC. Lots of input generated by this.
  5. New discussion: incorporate Electronic Services' three-year planning item # 197 HL7 Wiki Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) into Online Presence Project.
    • Original project scope for Online Presence at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1365/6733/HL7PSSES_OnlinePresence_v2_approved.doc
    • Description for AUP: This project will provide on a proposal for how the use of wiki technology in support of HL7 objectives should be managed by the HL7 organisation. This will include an initial set of guidelines for use of wikis for committee and project work, as well as a set of policies for the support and management of wiki infrastructure by HL7. This will be backed up by a risk analysis, and a process for maintaining the guidelines, policies, and risk analysis. This project will not address other Web 2.0 tools (such as blogs). Issues surrounding the use of wiki tools in collaborative projects with other SDOs will addressed.


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Notes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda accepted
  2. Minutes of 6/29 Motion to approve by Bill, seconded by Dave, Ken, and Andy abstain; passed 5/0/2
  3. Page protection behavior: Mike worked on it to no avail. He contacted wikimedia users' group and they had nothing more to offer. May be the version of MediaWiki; he installed a new version and it works; he tried to demonstrate it on the GoToMeeting. Once protected, the page can be edited by a sysop and the edit tab does not appear to non-sysop users. Non-sysop users can unprotect a page they protected themselves but otherwise if it is set to sysop users only that will prohibit other non-sysop users. He will pursue upgrading the wiki to take advantage of the feature. Follow up on upgrade testing progress at next meeting. Many thanks to Mike.
    • Wiki help page and instructions review
      • instructions review - cochairs are not sysops so to whom to refer unprotect requests? Requests to unprotect a page should be referred to the cochairs of the Work Group that created or own the Wiki page, and have the cochairs escalate those requests to the Webmaster. Cochairs will determine if a page is appropriate to unlock and if time permits, they may choose to make request of the person who locked the page to unprotect it. If it is necessary to hasten the unlocking, the cochairs may make a request to an email address like wikisysop_at_hl7.org to request a sysop to unprotect. Even if the creator of a page is no longer a co-chair of the WG/owner of a wiki page, the co-chairs of the WG/owner of the Wiki page may determine a request to unprotect a page.
      • Pages set up on the wiki should make available the information on what WG is the owner of that page, like a link to the WG page or WG leadership page. Revisit for a Work Group home page wiki template. Andy noted the dynamic use of Hot Topics, and heavy use of categories features of MnM are different from the way the Tooling pages are used, in a more static form. We may want to add this to the scope of the Online Presence project. This is not a significant change to the scope. It would be offered as something useful, not a requirement.
    • Meeting Minutes template revisions with the process will be updated by Lynn
    • Mike asked if we're promoting the minutes template. Andy notes the V3 Publishing is using the template. It was work to set up but once set up was fine. The initial push back by the cochairs on the requirement to use the web page for archival of minutes by converting a wiki page, caused any promotion of the use of a template for minutes to be overlooked. It will have to be socialized again to show that the templates are out there, and how to use them. Mike asked if the changes are seen as additional work when you propose these will the Wiki home page template have the same reception. Bill felt it might be adopted by attrition, with new cochairs using a template for help and existing cochairs continuing to use their current approach. Ken notes we may not be able to mandate things, but only to encourage adoption. It's up to us to encourage that change.
  4. Action items update - response to Ken's email was an interesting exercise. See conclusions above.
    • Ken leaves the call at this point.
  5. New discussion: incorporate Electronic Services' three-year planning item # 197 HL7 Wiki Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) into Online Presence Project.
    • Original project scope for Online Presence at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/trackeritem/1365/6733/HL7PSSES_OnlinePresence_v2_approved.doc
    • Description for AUP: This project will provide on a proposal for how the use of wiki technology in support of HL7 objectives should be managed by the HL7 organisation. This will include an initial set of guidelines for use of wikis for committee and project work, as well as a set of policies for the support and management of wiki infrastructure by HL7. This will be backed up by a risk analysis, and a process for maintaining the guidelines, policies, and risk analysis. This project will not address other Web 2.0 tools (such as blogs). Issues surrounding the use of wiki tools in collaborative projects with other SDOs will addressed.
    • Lynn will incorporate this into the project scope statement to update Project Insight.
  6. Adjourned 3:52 PM EDT

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Meeting Minutes template revisions with the process for requesting unprotection of pages will be updated by Lynn
  • Lynn will incorporate the AUP development into the project scope statement to update Project Insight
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Follow up on mediawiki upgrade testing progress
  • Review updated project scope statement including wiki template for WG home page and AUP.