2010-02-16 Online Presence Call Minutes
Online Presence Project- Electronic Services Committee
Tuesday, February 16 2010 03:00 PM (US Eastern Time, UTC -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 988978#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/733885482
GoToMeeting ID: 733-885-482
back to ES_Online_Presence
- Ken McCaslin
Meeting Attendance - :
|x||Bill Braithwaite||Anakam, ESemail@example.com|
|x||Freida Hall||VA, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Dave Hamill||HL7 HQ, ESemail@example.com|
|x||Mike Kingery||HL7 HQ, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Lynn Laakso||HL7 HQemail@example.com|
|x||Patrick Loyd||GPInformatics, ESfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Accept Agenda – no corrections noted.
- Approve 2010-01-05_Online_Presence_Call_Minutes; Freida, Dave, Mike abstain (3/0/3)
- Discussion topics
- Minutes template - not 'owned' by anyone in particular so we can make suggestions to Lynn and she'll socialize them at HQ.
- Minutes template update suggestions:
- Votes on ballot in ballot comment spreadsheet can be zipped up with the ballots; check box for whether agenda business was ballot reconciliation and whether reconciliation is also posted to ballot decktop
- Notation like PSS check box in the minutes for ‘quorum met’
- best practices suggestion of using general consent for approval (adopted by unanimous consent) of non controversial topics like minutes.
- additional comments: look at Dave’s template, minimize the white space, use RTF to minimize MS Word funkiness with tables. Compact space is better for display online. Numbers are better than bullets because they are easier to refer to. Bullets, especially nested, get messy and difficult to follow. Don’t need the section on typical agenda items, just the agenda review and approve minutes. Tabled agenda items are easily reviewed when minutes are reviewed. URL references can be included in last, or separate, section. Can we suggest they paste in handouts or attachments into the document? Freida suggests we have some groups test it before we distribute it widely. Lynn can update and send to ES list to comment, and Project Services as well.
- Next Steps
- PIC recommendations to the co-chairs handbook are documented on the PIC Wiki at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=PIC:COCHAIRS.
Adjournment 3:31 pm. .