20091210 arb minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
December 10, 2009
|Curry, Jane||No||ArB||Health Information Strategiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Grieve, Grahame||No||ArB||Kestral Computingemail@example.com|
|Julian, Tony||No||ArB||Mayo Clinicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Loyd, Patrick||Yes||ARB||Gordon point Informatics LTD.||email@example.com|
|Lynch, Cecil||No||ArB||ontoreason LLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mead, Charlie||No||ArB||Booz Allen Hamiltonemail@example.com|
|Ocasio, Wendell||No||ArB||Agilex Technologiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parker, Ron||Yes||ArB||CA Infowayemail@example.com|
|Platt, Joe||No||Guest||Ekagra Software Technologiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Quinn, John||No||ArB||Health Level Seven, Inc.||jquinn@HL7.org|
|Robertson, Scott||No||Guest||Kaiser Permanente|
|Shakir, Abdul-Malik||No||ArB||Shakir Consulting||ShakirConsulting@cs.com|
|Smith, Karen||Yes||Guest||Technical Editoremail@example.com|
|Thompson, Cliff||Yes||Guest||OntoSolutions LLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Minutes reviewed and accepted minutes from last meeting.
- Karen has just completed the DITA maps for most items. She is working on Governance at this time. She is waiting for Jane's document. She has started the writing and copying (converting) process. Charlie asked her to update the 3-D specification stack graphics with a thick white line running 90 degrees to the black conformance arrows. These thick white lines will represent localization.
- She has also received mail from Charlotte asking about the updates to ECCF from Charlie. Karen needs Charlie to finish reviewing edits ASAP.
ACTION: Ron will follow up with Charlie.
- Cliff is working with Cecil with software on “managed topics” they have a use case and some preliminary definition, in draft state.
- Eddie is also working with the SAEAF editing group, working on resource documents to create an initial training session for the 1st quarter of 2010 for NCI. First initiative is to introduce analysts, architects, and developers to SAEAF to allow them to know what they need to do work within that framework. It is a substantial group (17 vendors of varying sizes) so difficult to actually express the numbers. The framework has become critical for coherence across these groups. Eddie is also working on evaluation of 2 tools that are contenders for DITA authoring production.
- Karen needs help in getting SAEAF book online on the web, and also with the testing of the port to the web. Eddie and Cliff agreed to be testers.
ACTION: Patrick offered to have Ron included with the next HL7 Electronic Services call to raise this need with them, and Ron will solicit participation from other ARB members. Perhaps we should consider some of the Alpha teams.
- Karen Smith also raised the issue that the default webhelp (xhtml) output creates a large index of links. When you click on a link, it opens a different tab in the browser. Not the best design. Hopefully she can work with Eddie to customize the interface better next year. Karen’s husband has been trying to get the TOCJS support which includes a navigational frameset on the left and the document text on the right, but he hasn't gotten it working yet.
- Agenda items for next week:
- Follow up on the web publishing requirements and develop an action plan.
- Review of the Behavioral Framework.
- Review of Karen’s SAEAF Book work to-date.
- Review of ARB Membership Qualifications
NOTE: The last call for December is on Dec 17th, with the next meeting on January 7th at 10:00 Eastern.
- Meeting adjourned. Tony Julian