Vocabulary Harmonization Tool
Removed from Category:HowTo because this tool is no longer supported or in use.
At the September 2007 WGM, Vocabulary & M&M "upped the ante" on the Vocabulary Harmonization Tool, by requiring that facilitators use this tool, if at all possible in preparing submissions for the November 2007 Harmonization Meeting and subsequent meetings. In exchange, we promised to put up a support page on the Wiki for this tool.
The Harmonization Editor Manual has been created for the tool. The tool itself permits:
- Loading the vocabulary content from an HL7 Design Repository
- Browsing that content
- Preparing harmonization proposals for vocabulary changes
- Applying those changes to the source data base
- Amending XML proposal files with an XML editor, rather than through the application.
The current Eclipse-based tool is, a GUI application that creates and processes XML submission files that conform to the HL7 Vocabulary Maintenance Language. Therefore the documentation for that language has been updated and placed on this Wiki, as well.
At this point, this HL7 Wiki is the primary source for the documentation of both the tool and the language.
- GWBeeler 08:20, 10 October 2007 (CDT)