Update RIM description of ExecutionAndDeliveryTime
Editing of harmonization proposals prior to a harmonization meeting is restricted to the proposal submitter and the co-chairs of the steward comittee. Other changes will be undone. Please add comments to the "discussion" page associated with this proposal.
|Recommendation for HL7 RIM Change||RECOMMENDATION ID:|
|Sponsored by: InM - Infrastructure and Messaging||Approval date by committee: to be approved|
|Revision (# and date): n.a. - see Wiki history page||Date submitted:|
|Editor/Author: René Spronk|
|PROPOSALNAME: Update RIM description of ExecutionAndDeliveryTime|
REQUIRED - This table should contain one row for each Steward Committee affected by the recommendation.
|TC||RECOMMENDATION APPROVAL STATUS||AFFECTED ENTITIES OF INTEREST TO TC |
(responsibility level: S=Steward; I=Interested)
|InM - Infrastructure and Messaging||Approved 2009-01-14, during the Orlando WGM (See Extend usage of ExecutionAndDeliveryTime)||S|
Redefine (in a backwards compatibe fashion) the description of the QueryByParameter.executionAndDeliveryTime attribute in the RIM.
The current definition doesn't specify how the attribute should be interpreted in the case of a Deferred or Immediate query. HL7 version 2 contains a definition for its interpretation within Deferred queries; this proposal seeks to add a definition of its interpration in Immediate queries.
For Immediate queries executionAndDeliveryTime should be interpreted as the point in time before which the responding system should have send a response. This to avoid waiting for an undefined period of length by a system that has just sent a query. The responding system may elect to send a query-response with zero results in it, forcing the querying system to send a 'query continuation interaction' to get hold of a next part of the result set.
Change the defintion of the executionAndDeliveryTime as shown below:
Change the current definition of executionAndDeliveryTime from
184.108.40.206 QuerySpec.executionAndDeliveryTime:: TS (0..1) Definition:Specifies the time the response is to be returned.
220.127.116.11 QuerySpec.executionAndDeliveryTime:: TS (0..1) Definition: Specifies the time the response is to be returned. If the query priority is Deferred, then executionAndDeliveryTime should be interpreted as the point in time when the response should be sent. If the query priority is Immediate executionAndDeliveryTime should be interpreted as the point in time before which the responding system should have send a response.
The proposed change is backwards compatible.
The semantics of the above description for Deferred queries is based on the corresponding v2 field:
Current definition of RCP-4: (which InM has agreed to extend in a similar vein as the above wording for v3)
18.104.22.168 RCP-4 Execution and Delivery Time (DTM) 01441 Definition: Specifies the time the response is to be returned. This field is only valued when RCP-1-Query priority contains the value D (Deferred).
- Not applicable.
- The specification of a 'timeout' fits within the current description of the semantics of this attribute. The alternative would be to create a new attribute - this isn't seen as a necessity given the semantic match.
- Note that the proposed definition still holds when a new query priority should be added to the UV QueryPriority value set.
- A similar proposal has been approved for HL7 version 2. The definition of RCP-4 will be changed for those cases where
Recommended Action Items
- Implement the proposed solution
- See Extend usage of ExecutionAndDeliveryTime for the original InM proposal, and motion of approval of the proposal.
- Harmonization proposal approved by INM 2009-01-14 Q1 (Patrick Lloyd/Rene Spronk, 10-0-0)
- APPROVED on the February 2009 Harmonization call. Visible for the first time in the May 2009 ballot publication.