Process Improvement Commitee (PIC)
The Process Improvement Committee will serve as the focal point within HL7 to identify, collect, track, and resolve issues pertaining to organizational process improvement. The committee will serve as an open venue allowing HL7 members to voice ideas pertaining to improvement in organizational process or policy, serving as the HL7 Steward for issues pertaining to process improvement.
The Process Improvement Committee will maintain primary responsibility to duly consider issues raised in an open, public forum; to mature those ideas into formal, actionable proposal; and to host and champion those proposals to the HL7 Technical Steering Committee and/or the HL7 Board of Directors, as appropriate.
The PIC Charter is available from the HL7.org website.
PIC Guiding Principles
- PIC will lead by example.
- PIC and all of its activities are open to all.
- PIC will hear, record, and track every issue through to completion.
- PIC will focus only on identified issues (“if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”)
- PIC will investigate research, collaborate, and resolve all issues within its scope and ability and refer all others to appropriate groups to be addressed.
- PIC will strive for lightweight, unencumbered solutions.
- PIC will be proactive in identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve process.
- Sandra Stuart
- Kaiser Permanente
- Phone: 925.924.7473
- email: Sandra.Stuart@kp.org
- Liora Alschuler
- Lantana Consulting Group
- Phone: 802-785-2623
- Email: Liora.Alschuler@lantanagroup.com
Working Group Meetings
- The PIC Committee meets on Thursday Q1 at the Working Group meetings.
- Meeting Minutes are available from the PIC page on HL7.org
Committee Conference Calls
- The PIC Committee has conference calls scheduled on the final Monday of each month at 3:00 pm EST.
- Information regarding Upcoming Calls is available from the PIC page on HL7.org.
- Participation Information
- Phone Number: 770-657-9270
- Participant Passcode: 379807
- Call Agendas and Minutes
- Committee Published Documents and Presentations are available from the PIC page on HL7.org
- Decision Making Practices Template Maintenance
- Ballot Comment Spreadsheet Maintenance
- Ballot Overview Checklist
- Co-Chairs Handbook Maintenance
- First Time Attendees Support
- Working Group Meeting Support
- Open Forum Member Input Support
- PIC Communications
The PIC Listserve is pic@lists.HL7.org. To subscribe to this service, go to the HL7 Listservices Welcome Page