Negation Requirements Project Minutes 6 April 2016
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to Negation Minutes
|HL7 PC-CIMI-POC Meeting Minutes
Location: PC call line
Time: 11:00-12:00 ET
|Facilitator||Jay Lyle||Note taker(s)||Jay Lyle|
|Jay Lyle||JP Systems|
- FHIR/allergy topic
- PSS status: still pending Vocab approval
- Reviewed FHIR/Allergy discussion on patterns. Use to confirm requirements can help make these decisions.
- single field, renamed from 'substance' to 'code' to accommodate negatives
- dual field: present things and absent things
- dual field: thing and presence vs absence value
- Pattern documentation does seem to make assumptions, not about information model solution but about terminology semantics
- Separation of the "absent" assertion from the thing that is absent seems clear, as well as possible context
- though context of thing (patient, family) may be different from context of absence (today, historical)
- The thing itself seems to align with the SCT idea of an observable; i.e., not a finding or anatomical entity. This may mean requesting new SCT concepts.
- SCT is not the only target terminology solution, but it seems to be the richest, so we anticipate solutions that accommodate it will fit simpler ones, too
- If "spleen size" is one possible observable (values PQ, or ordinal small medium large), can "absent" describe an observable "spleen", or do we need a "spleen presence" observable?
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.